• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Come and lets play together
In the bright sunny weather
LETS ALL GO TO...
GULLAH GULLAH ISLAND!!
GULLAH GULLAH!!
GULLAH GULLAH!!!!!!!

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
I say the majority of people who want MK banned are
1) Bandwaggoners
2) People who realize the damage he can do the meta-game
3) Scrubs

I'm in the #2 area... While at first he was tame, it's gotten out of hand. People I play who I can consistently beat their high tier or top tier choice, then they pick MK and beat me, sometimes going to 2 stocks. Its really out of hand... its very difficult to punish MK at all, and he has no counter. I've been forced to use MK as my counter for MK, which is VERY ********.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
MK may or may not have manly parts, but he certainly hurt the butts of many not-so-good players in order for so many of them to want him banned. :laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
That's not a tier list, lol.

I can't see Sonic as actually B tier because it's pretty obvious that characters like Donkey Kong, Fox, and Luigi are much better than him.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

I can't see Sonic as actually B tier because it's pretty obvious that characters like Donkey Kong, Fox, and Luigi are much better than him.
So.

"I know it's not permanent"

I just thought it was kind of funny that all these characters that are supposed to be better than him...are not proving themselves better than him.

Especially Zamus. lol.

And DK is higher than him. lol.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
And Snake and Olimar should be doing almost as well as MK, if not better(due to Olimar having a lot less exposure, less people know how to fight him), but they aren't. Oh well, LOL.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Your theorycrafting isn't any more valid than anybody else until proven otherwise. Try to come up with decent arguments other than "my posse thinks so", for once.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Why do you put Smooth Criminal at the end of every post?
Don't like the signature function?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
User CP -> Edit Signature -> Enter Following Text: Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal amidoinitrite?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Oh, for the love of everything.

When I first started on the forums, I was too lazy to go pic raiding and/or quote hunting for a sig. However, I felt that just putting down my tag name in my sig in boring white letters (or flamboyant colorful ones) just wouldn't do me justice. So I opted to end every single one of my posts with my tag until I found a nice, solid idea for a signature. Flash forward about two thousand posts later and even WITH an awesome sig it's ingrained in me to end every single one of my posts with my tag.

I suppose it's my only claim to fame around here. Really, though, I do it just for the hell of it.

So...

Edit: Oh, and it apparently annoys the piss outta people. Like you guys, who are obviously perplexed as all get out over something I do habitually/for fun.

Smooth Criminal

Scrubs

Smash Lord
And Snake and Olimar should be doing almost as well as MK, if not better(due to Olimar having a lot less exposure, less people know how to fight him), but they aren't. Oh well, LOL.
I suggested that Ankoku divide the amount of points earned by a character in a tourney by the amount of said character that entered that tourney.....To allow for the popularity of a character but he wouldn't do it.

Someone should get his statistics and do it. It would be interesting.

Also....

Greenie!!!

Wombat

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Scrubs, how many results have you ever seen that had EVERY CHARACTER played in the tournament recorded? Most people have trouble remembering what that other dude in 7th used, let alone the other 24 people in a 32-man bracket.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Your theorycrafting isn't any more valid than anybody else until proven otherwise. Try to come up with decent arguments other than "my posse thinks so", for once.
Nah, my theorycrafting is more valid because it's based on a significant amount of tournament and high level experience while everyone else bases things on what randoms say in the character boards. If you disagree with this, you're wrong. Someone who took every business and economic course known to mankind is going to have much better economic theories and better solutions to fix the economy than you, just like someone that has lots more high level and tournament experience is going to have better Smash theories.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Only if you support it properly. Otherwise you'll have everyone believing Isai when he says Luigi's Down+B is the best approach in SSB64. Oh wai--.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Pikachu's fair is love (in SSB64).

And Inui, unless you've been exposed to every region in the -world- that plays Super Smash Bros Brawl competitively, your scope and understanding will be restricted to your BIASED experience within your own realm. Putting down someone else's "theorycraft" based on the fact that they aren't within your region (i.e. know personally) or aren't competing in the BIGGEST PLACES OF SMASH in the world, doesn't mean they havn't experienced the 'facts' first hand.

I'd say the closest anyones gotten to that would be Isai or Ken in the realms of smash 64/melee respectively (hence his theory on Luigi's tornado is TRUE AND CANNOT BE DENIED :)).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

if sonic is so bad than you as a player must be in crap tier to have to resort to Mk to beat him...
maybe because they ARENT AS GOOD
this
Nah, my theorycrafting is more valid because it's based on a significant amount of tournament and high level experience while everyone else bases things on what randoms say in the character boards. If you disagree with this, you're wrong. Someone who took every business and economic course known to mankind is going to have much better economic theories and better solutions to fix the economy than you, just like someone that has lots more high level and tournament experience is going to have better Smash theories.
this is true, your theorycrafting is more valid than mine would be...

but than again, i tend to avoid theorycrafting in favor of more factual evidence. you can theory craft all you want, and it might sound like stable arguments but if you are taking THEORY, and believing it over the BLATENT FACTS that are coming in from multiple sources, than you, good sir, are the one who is incorrect. people arent basing their ideas on what random people say in the boards, they base it off of experience, and the majority of people (whether they know it or not) are experiencing the domination of MK.
in reference to your example, the people who took all the business classes, and knows all the intimate details about how the economic system works...

arent they the ones who caused the stock market to crash in the first place?
and for the record, personally I could come up with ideas to get out of this depression better than the garbage that mccain comes up with. the man is a senile old fool...

so yes, you are going to have better theorys than me, but if the facts of the matter run completely counter to your theorys then the theorys were meaningless to begin with

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Pikachu's fair is love (in SSB64).

And Inui, unless you've been exposed to every region in the -world- that plays Super Smash Bros Brawl competitively, your scope and understanding will be restricted to your BIASED experience within your own realm. Putting down someone else's "theorycraft" based on the fact that they aren't within your region (i.e. know personally) or aren't competing in the BIGGEST PLACES OF SMASH in the world, doesn't mean they havn't experienced the 'facts' first hand.

I'd say the closest anyones gotten to that would be Isai or Ken in the realms of smash 64/melee respectively (hence his theory on Luigi's tornado is TRUE AND CANNOT BE DENIED :)).
also this^^

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I was pointing out that theories without proper support shouldn't be trusted, 'cause after exposing everyone to the torture of figuring out how to approach with it, some time later Isai posted again saying that he was joking.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I was pointing out that theories without proper support shouldn't be trusted, 'cause after exposing everyone to the torture of figuring out how to approach with it, some time later Isai posted again saying that he was joking.
I think you missed out on the subtle wit/sarcasm of that statement :).

Even the guy who's supposibly "God" of their domain is not always right.

Biblical reference galore could be thrown here now. Liek "WHY MAKE A TREE THAT COULD GRANT INTELLIGENCE N IMMORTALITY AVAILABLE WHEN YOU KNEW THERE WOULD BE A SHLIPPERY SERPANT TO CONVINCE THEM TO EAT IT [lulz, prove that God is omniscient], WHEN YOU DIDN'T WANT THEM TO, HUH, GOD, HUH!?"

BentoBox

Smash Master
Implying that you've seen Olimars "perfect camp" hence why you believe they should be doing as good as MK, because if not, I don't see how your experience has anything to do with it. Nobody's buying your crap until you come up with real arguments. Nobody cares about your status. You've been trying to put forth your accomplishments as a means to get respect but you're not getting any more. Time for a plan B methinks.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Only if you support it properly. Otherwise you'll have everyone believing Isai when he says Luigi's Down+B is the best approach in SSB64. Oh wai--.
I love you so much Ankoku.
Seriously.
You can have all the cookies you want now.

Its an issue that people keep bringing up.
That the status of a player means that due to their experience and high level paly. automatically means that what they say is true.

By no means is this true at all because there have been many cases where a top player says "A is true" despite the fact it is not. They automatically assume it is a valid argument not because of the argument, but the person making it.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Scrubs, how many results have you ever seen that had EVERY CHARACTER played in the tournament recorded? Most people have trouble remembering what that other dude in 7th used, let alone the other 24 people in a 32-man bracket.
Just do it for the top 8 then

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You have no idea how ridiculously much that would mess with the rankings. (and I do, because I tried just to see what it'd look like)

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Truth is based on the way you get it. Basically, it comes from Empirical data, Logical thought, or Faith. =/ Right now, all the Empirical data shows, well, MK whooping EVERYONE. Then you have Logical though, which is debated heavily right now with both sides having good points. And then there's faith, that olimars who can perfect camp(which doesn't happen too much) will be able to beat out MK anytime. =/

Seriously though Inui, it doesn't matter if your theories are good if the data proves them wrong. It's like, basic scientific method. I mean... you fit theories to data, not throw away some data and make the ones fit your theories count. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom