• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Ryan-K

Smash Master
fox's uair should have 3 hits and each hit is full power and full percent so no matter how you smash DI you always get hit far. Oh and it should have a more ******** horizontal disjointed hitbox than it already has :bee:

lol eat **** demo kirby

oh and when fox uairs lasers should come out of his feet and shoot out at all angles from him like the sun's rays cuz fox is INTENSE :bee: :bee:

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
the internet is filled with stupid people. the sheik boards are a haven for those people, unfortunately.
i wish i played a different character T.T

uair in NTSC does not combo like PAL. you can actually hit with the strong part of uair at like 70% and it doesn't do the same knockback, allowing you to follow up. in NTSC it doesn't take long for the knockback to send them too far to do anything else.

and the uthrow chaingrab on falcon in PAL was discovered like a year ago, there are videos, gg.

*sigh*

haven't learned anything from these sub-forums in years and am always corrected with false information so i'm out. peace. keep holding it down in tournies, pl0x.

soap

Smash Hero
u said "uair ACTUALLY combos in Pal" we corrected u and said it comboes in ntsc 2. You should have said it comboes better or something.

and post links to said videos. I think if it took that long to "discover" something like a uthrow chainthrow it is prolly really inconsistent and doesn't actually work.

and besides, i come here to veg out and watch people get trolled. If u came to learn that
s your problem, don't just start bashing everybody, u can just log out if ur so unhappy.

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
I pretty much come to this thread only to read the craziness that goes on here. I gave up on learning from this thread a long time ago.

soap

Smash Hero
I'm still learning Sheik stuff, maybe I'm weird.
me too, but i am too lazy to remember what exactly it was and post about it.

mostly little matchup related stuff which only really applies to me and the way i play.

but to answer your question, yes, you are weird.

and tec, the dango song was so trippy first time i started clannad, with the bunnies n everything. I was real confused cuz they didn't talk about dangos at all the first episode:laugh:I was like wtf is this ending. Im only like 4-5 episodes in, i heard it gets weird. I like the show, but the slow pace + soft color combo usually makes me fall asleep and i end up napping, so its hard to make any progress lol.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
well how bout you add some substance behind why it's so good, or talk about something else being good, or talk about the 7th house.

or something that keeps you from having a small 1 line post.

:evil:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
me too, but i am too lazy to remember what exactly it was and post about it.

mostly little matchup related stuff which only really applies to me and the way i play.

but to answer your question, yes, you are weird.

and tec, the dango song was so trippy first time i started clannad, with the bunnies n everything. I was real confused cuz they didn't talk about dangos at all the first episode:laugh:I was like wtf is this ending. Im only like 4-5 episodes in, i heard it gets weird. I like the show, but the slow pace + soft color combo usually makes me fall asleep and i end up napping, so its hard to make any progress lol.
LMFAO

Clannad is pretty slow so I know what you mean. What made you watch clannad all of the sudden? LOL.

soap

Smash Hero
LMFAO

Clannad is pretty slow so I know what you mean. What made you watch clannad all of the sudden? LOL.
i was bored and didn't know what to watch, so i just copy the stuff that u talk about. they r usually pretty good.

although im definitely sick of these high school anime, its the third one ive watched in a row.

the two sisters in clannad r such copies of tsukasa + kagami that its ridiculous

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The Fuko arc is sort of slow. The rest of them sort of pick up though.

Hehehe. I don't remember the last non-school anime I watched.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
sorry, stupid question, but I don't play sheik much.
I noticed that against falcon you can jab to punish a missed tech and then go immediately to chase a direction with a grab, however, if they DI away, they can shield in time or queue new moves. Am i better off not going for jab if they DI the throw away?

also, in order to techchase better, i assume it's better to be closer, but is it faster to walk forward a few spots after the throw or to wavedash forward?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
if they miss a tech i like to jab reset then if they roll away boost grab. Or you can Usmash.

If they Di the throw away just wait and react, if they miss the tech you can dash attack. or wavedash forward and ftilt

Tech chasing really dpeends on the situation. If they techchase in place I like to regrab, away i like to dash attack or boost grab, towards me i usmash or wait and regrab.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
if they purposefully miss a tech after 32 and di up, they will rise on their feet and you can't grab them. they pop up without stun (sometimes they just land on their feet, it's really gay and you can't follow on it at all because they have time to do anything about anything you try to do), and even if you do force reset, they can still roll either direction or get-up attack you at that percent.

after 32 i think a simple dash attack is best, just dash away a bit and then dash back towards them if they tech in place, otherwise just react and hit them with whatever. if you can call a non-tech, u-smash is fine, but seriously her u-smash sucks most of (read: all) the time.

f-tilt is acceptable if you're fast and hit them over before their stun ends and they get the chance to cc, but dash attack will produce better combos. not a bad alternative, however, in the event that you can't get a dash away quickly enough in time because of the ledge or bad timing or other crap.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
i was bored and didn't know what to watch, so i just copy the stuff that u talk about. they r usually pretty good.

although im definitely sick of these high school anime, its the third one ive watched in a row.

the two sisters in clannad r such copies of tsukasa + kagami that its ridiculous
Its probably the other way around really.

Lucky Star is an anime filled with references so Lucky star probably took the characters as a reference.

Watch Gundam 00 if you don't like high school type animes lawl. Well I can name a few more if you want ;).

In other news... I was playing Kage this weekend at Apex and that was amazing. Kage needs to move next door to me so I can play him all day. He is so ridiculously fun to play =D.

Oh also.. I fsmashed magus when magus was at 180% and he CC grabbed me. Yay sheik fsmash LOL.

Oh I also found the only way to edgeguard magus with sheik. Charged fsmash god that move is amazing. Magus got hit with a fully charged fsmash at 190% and lived.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
jeebus, drephen grabs a lot. i saw one match where he got 11 freaking grabs on a fox named juke. man, that's a lot of freaking grabs. that doesn't even include the tech chasing with d-smash and dash attack.

i guess if you think about it, more grabs = more likely to win? i mean, per stock you can only get so many grabs. with sheik, i'm guessing 2-3 grabs for each stock is plenty. maybe that's all you need?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
reverse needle store + grab edge or waveland back grab edge

simple wd back

run off up+b grab edge

you can also move towards the edge and turn around and grab it in your momentum (wavedash or full speed walking)

moonwalk can also do it

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think the answer is the fury of a billion back airs. And cc his terrible moves that won't knock you over into grab or down smash and if he does his terrible moves that will knock you over (Fair) just wavedash back or hit him before it comes out or shield it and then get into the "not-high-tier-or-top-tier character vs Sheik's shield" game.

and needles

soap

Smash Hero
needle camp and grab is the only thing that works for me.

when i try to press an offense he cc's everything and uses his weird hitboxes on me

he is just annoying is all

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I've always wondered about how Doc jumping back and caping would work defensively against Sheik. I know someone's tried it a long time ago, and it probably doesn't work, but it seems decent in theory, covering his whole body and the space around him with hitbox that does 12%, pushes them up (without stun, but it's defensive so that matters less) and probably turns them away from him, and that might be useful because Sheik's non back air / nair / d-smash moves typically only hit in front of her. Hell, if they do a Nair and they fly above you, you basically get a free shot on her because of her lag and poor aerial mobility, or at worst force a double jump...

But I don't know.

Doc is so strange.

What am I saying, Sheik's not going to approach Doc. Nevermind. Just do needles and jump back + stuff and wd back and stuff and grab him into back throw gimp or d-throw to death. Or pick Roy or Game & Watch or something and force them to use strategy to beat you because Doc isn't good.

Top Bottom