• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

soap

Smash Hero
ive been all about the edge camp tricks lately haha

i finally got my frame perfect ledgedash down super consistent, so i feel like i can do anything then just grab the ledge and charge back in all invincible

soap

Smash Hero
for the ledgedash, try practicing it without fastfalling. ONce u get that down u can go as fast as u want and u wont SD hardly ever from airdodging too early.

i practiced it with ganon for a half an hour and do no fastfall with all my characters even though u can fastfall with others. i find it quicker and less risky.

ive also been working on no fastfall dj with stick fair off ledge. u can do double fair super easy this way. Plus u can use neutral or retreating DI if they do something gay like shield or CC and u wont get embarrased like u did by that vwins dsmash in that one vid.

(i started to practice smash again for some reason, i dont know why, i never go to tournies:mad:)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I watched TV today and my favourite character died.

I'm sad now.

But yeah soap's our intelligence unit in the "let's make Sheik gayer" army, we're working on it diligently, or at least we will be come the summer. Sheik's taking Genesis by storm son.

Like, after Mango, Shiz, SS, PC Chris (but I hear he quit, which makes me sad), Darkrain, Cactuar, Jman, M2K (who is liable to go Sheik a lot 'cuz that's how he rolls), and a few other notables who wouldn't classify themselves as Sheiks, I want to see some Sheik luvin'. Rep that **** and tap that *****.

Binx

Smash Master
lols how do you miss the space key? of all keys thats the one I miss the least.

What I hate is physically missing the c-stick and whiffing an easy punish =(

R3N0

Smash Lord
God, messing up CG's is the worst feeling in the world. I'm the only sheik that doesn't CG.. I'm spoiled b/c marth is so easy to CG and thats all I've been playing -_-'

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I used to be able to do it as low as 3-4% prior to grab with fully staled D-throw (could get it at 0 with about a 33% consistency) but now I'm really bad at it, I haven't practiced it in forever, and practicing D-throw chain grab is so boring so I don't feel like doing it except before tournaments where Kage is going or people from WC or if I'm going to the US (or if US is coming to Canada).

edit: I've never been able to chain grab Roy consistently below like 20% if he DIs away. His fall speed makes it so hard for me. I find Ganon, Sheik, Pikachu, Link, and YLink have much greater room for error.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
My space key doesn't work properly :(

I also never chaingrab cuz i blow hard at it.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
2 questions:

1. What's the deal with the sideb edgeguard against spacies? I saw it in shackdaddy's tips and tricks video, but I've never seen anyone use it. Are there just usually better options?

2. What are some of the better options for when you have an opponent above you on a platform? I've seen people (not pros) full hop nair, but wouldn't that just get you on the platform, isn't that is rarely a good place to be?

soap

Smash Hero
the problem with the chain is that it is slow so u have to know that they are coming in low. And if u had time to chain, u had time to reverse needle onto the edge and bair which will actually consistently kill them.

I use the chain on marth/roy if i cant get to the edge in time, cuz their upb is quick.

people above u, use sh delayed fair/uair/bair, or full hop spaced bair. I also like to waveland utilt the back of shields

R3N0

Smash Lord
if they're on a platform, you waveland and grab them... or you can do a full hop (this is on like battlefield) do a full hop.. wait til you are just about to land and then nair (they're usually shielding), if they block it, jab and then do an immediate isai drop fair. it gets you in and out pretty quick while weakening their shield. if your game is fast, you'll have no problem. also forward b edgegaurding is like.. so the 06'. lol its boring. its lame. and if its a good fox he'll just dodge up. its worthless.. u can just needle / bair edgeguard.. so much betterrrrrrrrrr

and chain vs marth roy?? you crazy.. you do like needle / fair lol.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
im new to the sheik boards/melee and a lot of the information im finding seems to be contradicted by other posts. Is there any place that has more up to date info such as matchups or where I can find older information that stayed the same such as specifics on techniques such as reverse needles and the like?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
im new to the sheik boards/melee and a lot of the information im finding seems to be contradicted by other posts. Is there any place that has more up to date info such as matchups or where I can find older information that stayed the same such as specifics on techniques such as reverse needles and the like?
Techniques you can ask here if you can't find it on the first page.

Match up guides are biased so it can contradict because there is not one complete correct answer.

You can ask them here too if you'd like or ask others w/e.

And Welcome to ... well the Melee forums! :)

R3N0

Smash Lord
awwwwwwwwww tec0's so sweet.

i still help out here even though i switched to being a fox main.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Sheik boards critique my vids!

they are under "Jungle's Sheik Video archive" in the Sheik subforum

Thanks ^_^

Binx

Smash Master
LOL I went from ICs and Fox to mostly sheik in tourney, I think she suits my style better, I like her spacing more, I do miss being able to shine but then I remember how good my recovery and edgeguarding is now. Oh and intercepting aerials with forward tilts into tech chases is probably my new favorite thing in smash, I mean its right up there with Nana killing someone with a smash while I'm dying off the screen.

R3N0

Smash Lord
there is little to no punishment if you miss fox's nair =/. cuz u can shine right out of it or L cancel into another nair! woot.

and yeah.. jungle just post link im too lazy to look.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
there is little to no punishment if you miss fox's nair =/. cuz u can shine right out of it or L cancel into another nair! woot.

and yeah.. jungle just post link im too lazy to look.
Man why is fox so underpowered in melee?

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG FUKO

adorable.
Cmon Travis, its clearly Captian Fuko of the Staryu fleet GAWD!

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
what do you guys recommend to do vs peach she is definitely my hardest match up. The peach I play the most is known for being insanely lucky with pulling death turnips although his tech skill is lacking. What are some good approaches to keep peach from turnip camping? Also I feel that my recovery is really predictable so anyway to change it up?

off topic but could someone explain/show me an example of reverse needling?

Binx

Smash Master
reverse needle canceling is just using needles to turn around in the air, you press away on the control stick and then use neutral b and it it turns you around in the air, press shield to cancel the needle charge and then you can bair in the direction you were jumping, its only marginally useful, but hey its there.

As for peach turnip camping, you have 2 options, stay EVEN further and needle her, or stay about Marth's fsmash range close to her and hit her whenever she tries to do stuff. I like option 2.

Top Bottom