• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
what is the right way to DI doc's throws?

for dthrow, behind him?
I usually just try to keep myself in the middle of the stage. I think you can jump out of the chain grab at like 55 or so (I don't know what DI you use to escape though; I'm pretty sure it's up and behind him or no DI but someone help me) so during that time I think just take the 55 (unless you can go for a platform) and then get F-smashed and DI good so you don't go off the stage.

After that, though, if I can make a platform I do it. I think if you DI behind him he can't regrab after like 80 so then he has to follow with dunk or something and be quick, so making him be fast isn't necessarily a bad idea. Not to mention his KO move is Fair, which you can DI up pretty well, so you're not at a risk of being lopped off the stage and forced to recover with filthy, filthy lag (yay).

soap

Smash Hero
if it keeps u from getting punished for throwing a fair into their shield, its more than a cute trick.

i dont know the shield stun frames to determine if they actually can punish or not.

dj is 1 frame, bair is 4. u could also fair nair, nair is only 3, but that can be shieldgrabbed.

R3N0

Smash Lord

Myself, Deff, and DJ Nintendo

and Reno was just ***** by DJN

so

prove it Reno

:rotfl:
i guess its cool to spread lies now?
.. or convolve the truth.

DJN beat me because he cp'd japes and threw pills. If I played even more patiently, I could have beaten him, but I faltered under pressure. It was still last stock last match on HIS CP.

So **** isn't even NEARLY the right term.

That comment actually made me hate you vanz.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
That sounds interesting soap, I will try it.

Anyone vs Sheik on Japes who isn't Fox or Falco just comes down to how willing the Sheik is to be excruciatingly patient. Reno, what did the other two matches look like? Where did you win and where did you lose?

(If you don't mind me asking)

Binx

Smash Master
All I do vs doc is needle camp, I remember I beat one of the best docs in my state way back in the day by just picking Shiek (at the time I had been maining Marth and he beat me in a couple friendlies) and I just stood way back and needle camped the crap out of it, and then tilts and fairs if he got close until I won. Getting grabbed sucked ^_^ for both of us.

It was the first time I'd ever used her in a tournament match and one of the few times I'd used her at all.

R3N0

Smash Lord
That sounds interesting soap, I will try it.

Anyone vs Sheik on Japes who isn't Fox or Falco just comes down to how willing the Sheik is to be excruciatingly patient. Reno, what did the other two matches look like? Where did you win and where did you lose?

(If you don't mind me asking)
i lost on dreamland, djn has incredible DI, and it was really hard to get that last hit. Doc has those really weird magnetic gloves so that was also difficult to overcome. Dj's platform pills were hard to get around. .. Pretty much the larger the space the harder it is to kill DJ. it came down to last stock, he was at lower 20%'s when he killed me... also i wasn't patient enough. having beat DJ so many times before, i'm like whatever, ill just do whatever lulululul i'm reno. I underestimated how campy he could "ACTUALLY" be. *sadface*

i cp'd yoshi's because platforms + no matter how wonderful your di is, you're gonna die faster than on DL. also b/c he banned renofield (battlefield). it was a slap fest, 2stock.

then he cp'd japes.. i never thought the day i'd be on japes again. In EC, i hardly get CP'd anymore that badly. so im pretty unfamiliar at the stage at this point, it used to be my cp but long ago ive stopped lol.. so, he hits me with a few pills, runs to a platform and sits there.. now since the platform is elevated, his pills bounce highhhhhh and its hard to camp him back with needles.

we both got high percent and he got an fsmash when i carelessly tried to barrage him with attacks lol.

cause it had been 7 some odd minutes.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The only thing I've learned from traveling to US tournaments is to NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES underestimate how campy the opponent might be.

It sounds like Jungle Japes for Sheik is just controlling the middle and making it a pain in the *** for them to camp you or try to approach. Slight elevation is good for Sheik's needles, and you can probably space yourself around his slower pills pretty easily in the middle. But you probably already knew that if it used to be your counterpick.

It sounds like you mostly just did dumb things game 1 and 3, if you've beaten him many times before.

R3N0

Smash Lord
I let the camping get to me, b/c I don't like to camp that much. It's hard to hit doc when you are trying to needle downwards towards him on the right most and left most platform. Still, its mostly my fault, I dislike big stages.

Cia

das kwl
i guess its cool to spread lies now?
.. or convolve the truth.

DJN beat me because he cp'd japes and threw pills. If I played even more patiently, I could have beaten him, but I faltered under pressure. It was still last stock last match on HIS CP.

So **** isn't even NEARLY the right term.

That comment actually made me hate you vanz.
relax reno. it's just fun to bother you. :laugh:

DJN actually took me to Japes at apex.. but i made sure that **** went to time. i had 2 stocks his 1. i think i just might be the plank of melee. :rotfl:

as for hating me :ohwell:

well, you wouldn't be the first one.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
relax reno. it's just fun to bother you. :laugh:

DJN actually took me to Japes at apex.. but i made sure that **** went to time. i had 2 stocks his 1. i think i just might be the plank of melee. :rotfl:

as for hating me :ohwell:

well, you wouldn't be the first one.
I don't think anyone will ever replace Plank.

<3 Plank

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
i cp'd yoshi's because platforms + no matter how wonderful your di is, you're gonna die faster than on DL. also b/c he banned renofield (battlefield). it was a slap fest, 2stock.
Me and you have to fight for battlefield.

Thats my absolutely favorite stage in the entire game. I like everyone there. I love that stage more than anyone can love that stage.

R3N0

Smash Lord
we'll see whos more agro tec0 lol :-p..

we'll both go a combination of characters vs our sheiks!! it'll be a TOURNAMENT OF CHARACTERS!!!

My Your
Fox vs Sheik
Sheik vs Fox
Marth vs Sheik
Sheik vs Marth
Falco vs Sheik
Sheik vs Falco
Sheik vs Sheik CG
Sheik vs Sheik no CG
Peach vs Sheik
Sheik vs Peach

and any other mains!!!
most wins wins tec0field or renofield =D

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
we'll see whos more agro tec0 lol :-p..

we'll both go a combination of characters vs our sheiks!! it'll be a TOURNAMENT OF CHARACTERS!!!

My Your
Fox vs Sheik
Sheik vs Fox
Marth vs Sheik
Sheik vs Marth
Falco vs Sheik
Sheik vs Falco
Sheik vs Sheik CG
Sheik vs Sheik no CG
Peach vs Sheik
Sheik vs Peach

and any other mains!!!
most wins wins tec0field or renofield =D
LMFAO

You play peach????

LOL

And of course I accept too bad tec0field sounds lame.

My name sucks, its the only name that can't be replaced by "battle" and sound cool.

Cia

das kwl
**** i haven't played melee in forever. teach me sheik guys!!! i guess ill see you both friday and or saturday. yo vanz did you stall with ledges and camping back or did you not really use up-b / ledges too much for time stalling on japes?

i did every stall possible.

Up+B on the ledge.

projectile spam

Bair spam

Float Spam

Up+B Floaty State spam

-----------

aka.. i sky camped like a metaknight. my runaway game is sick :rotfl:

also, battlefield blows. you all can have it.

Delfino is mine tho.

and Brinstar.

aka VaNzstar.

someone fight me for that

:laugh:

also, Reno is my favorite Peach now.

he's so good

Razor

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I've learned from traveling to US tournaments is to NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES underestimate how campy the opponent might be.
probably the best description ever. i don't get how m2k beats campy foxes with marth and sheik. marth doesn't even have a projectile. what's worse, m2k messes up on random things fairly often but you still end up losing to him.

the only solution to mega-uber-super-gay camping i've found is to ledgestall or ledgecamp. i don't think i've really discovered a way to beat it. the worst part of camping is that it pisses me off so i just charge in and get fooked up.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Marth can camp too thats why....

Actually though m2k wins because he is so dam precise with his combos and stuff.

Most people won't live a single grab from him, thats insane.

Oh and CC grab helps m2k A LOT.

Binx

Smash Master
I need to cc more, its so ****. At least my spacing is finally good enough to have CC be less effective against me. Its the most annoying thing ever sometimes.

soap

Smash Hero
yo, FULLY CHARGED STANDING NEEDLE CANCEL! LOLOL.

k so run away and roll to the edge. get a full charge and release while holding back and it pushes u off stage onto ledge eliminating lag.

this is for those people that play chicken with u knowing that u can't release it too close or they can punish lag even if needles hit.

i was doing it today, ****s hilarious. falcon jumped over needles to stomp me, misses, and i ledgehop fair in his lag haha.

Top Bottom