• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Cia

das kwl
*btw, teco is at anime boston and will be there until saturday? (i think) so i will be the interim teczero :)

quoted for emphasis

KirbyKaze - technically, your avatar is from an anime. and i'm sad that i remember the pkmn card that picture was on.. lol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Light Sunflora for Heart Gold.

Sunflora needs sum luvin'.

Vts is my husband. Well, one of many husbands, but he's definitely one of my favourites <3

R3N0

Smash Lord
*looks left and right.. and backs away slowly.. ....*

*bursts into full on sprint*

Cia

das kwl
Reno wants to be typecast as a fox main, but he will always main Sheik. :)

which reminds me, i main Ice Climbers again. and i would to remind everyone that THEY DO NOT COUNTER SHEIK! anyone who thinks otherwise, plz speak up. otherwise, i'm not going to waste my time explaining why.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Reno wants to be typecast as a fox main, but he will always main Sheik. :)

which reminds me, i main Ice Climbers again. and i would to remind everyone that THEY DO NOT COUNTER SHEIK! anyone who thinks otherwise, plz speak up. otherwise, i'm not going to waste my time explaining why.
Yo are you crazy sonz? We iz all knowz dat ICz are the true sheik counter like all dai son. Like Icz counter sheik like.... alcohol counters logic.

i stole it from tec 0 vids
I have a new way to edgeguard falcons now =D.

Maybe I can show you guys in some of my new edgeguard trixies =D

Oh and thanks for being amazing and checking out mah vids =D that goes to everyone that watches them :)

soFRESH&soSHEIK

Smash Cadet
kk question! how do u unlock sheik?! !i got all characters cept her!

.......JP lol no but really question wats the best way to gimp/throw a good pikachu off his or her game. my best bro is sick nasty wit pika and seems like i can never throw him off. !NEEDS HELP!

Cia

das kwl
^ but he'd still be in the wrong forum. and considering his name and main (little sheik picture) i think it's a safe bet he's referring to sheik v. Pika.

but to answer his question anyway.

sheik v. Pikachu is in Pikachu's favor. his grab combos really hurt. i recommend hitting him with fully charged needles as much as possible. chained Ftilts > Usmash. for more info tho. visit the BRAWL sheik boards' match up thread.

soap

Smash Hero
vanz, u have a new main every day

i feel like this thread's anime + homosexuality discussion scares people away.

sheik vs. icies is 50/50. u cant grab, so u just like, fair, hundreds of times

Cia

das kwl
^ it's my way of keeping interest in the game. as much as i hate to say this, it's becoming a bit repetitive to to me. but i've been having a lot of fun endlessly chaingrabbing/ tech chasing people lately. so i'm going to stick with ICz for a while.

Sheik v ICz.

Pros

- Dsmash destroys them
- Nana cannot crouch cancel, so just fair away. keep in mind that when you fair both Nana + Popo's Sheild, the hit stays out longer. and with ICz low traction.. i really don't see how they can punish it.
- PLATFORMS!! ledge canceled needle > Fair is sheiks version of DrillShineBackflip. and the longer you stay on platforms, less it is likely you will be death grabbed.
- needle ***** WD approach.

Cons

- ICz grab ***** her.
- Super combo-able weight class
- Single climber can 0-60 ish CG combo sheik
- grabbing while there are 2 climbers is generally a bad idea. sheik's slow grab animations will usually be punished by the other climber.

i personally give the match up a 6:4 in sheik's favor. even or slightly in ICz favor on FD. but thank goodness for bans.

oh and another thing. try not to be too predictable with your platform hopping. i've zero to death punished sheik's who've used their second jump with a series of Uairs > tech chase double Dsmash > death guard.

soap

Smash Hero
^ it's my way of keeping interest in the game. as much as i hate to say this, it's becoming a bit repetitive to to me. but i've been having a lot of fun endlessly chaingrabbing/ tech chasing people lately. so i'm going to stick with ICz for a while.

when i get sick of playing, i stop playing for a while.

playing new good people instantly makes it fun again though.

i agree with your views on the matchup mostly except:

downsmash is not safe for a while, they can waveshield grab it, cc grab it, 0-death u.

same thing with tilts. It is hard to grab safely

u r reduced to mainly needles and fair/bair.

unless u r quick and consistent with spacing your limited approaches u can get ***** easily

FD is not bad. camp needles. If they get 2 close, camp the edge lol.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ice Climbers are good against Sheik in the sense that she doesn't walk over them like she does vs the rest of mid tier (excluding Jiggs if you count her as mid tier).

I call it 55/45. Or if we have to do that stupid 10 only crap for matchup numbers then 60/40. Calling it even isn't accurate but they have stupid punishment.

As a former Ice Climber main, I feel the big handicap they have is that their moves can only beat Sheik's depending on positioning. Despite having disjointed hitboxes, their move range is pretty crappy. It doesn't go beyond their mallet like Marth, Sheik, Peach, Jigglypuff, Falcon, or every other character's moves (except on their Bair for a few frames). Combined with the mallet's already small size compared to Link's sword or Marth's sword, and their slightly slower attack speed (Sheik's moves are faster), this becomes a huge problem.

Stupid Ice Climbers.

For the most part they're stuck relying on positioning to compete with your superior attack speed and range. If you do FJ stuff, they can't beat it unless they get under you. If you do SH stuff, it depends on which move you're doing and whether they're facing you or not (the only exception is getting under you, which is virtually always good for them because of Sheik's high SH). If you do platform stuff, they have to be under you. So if you just understand that basic relationship between her moves and theirs, and abuse it intelligently, then you can do whatever.

I avoid being on the ground against them. Being grounded against them sucks. CC dash grabs / CC grabs > your tilts and jabs, and shield wavedash > your D-smash. I'm pretty sure they can WD D-smash on your dash attack if you hit their shield, or Bair if you're not spaced properly (or shield grab if you messed up big time). Their shield game is very good, don't compete with it if you can avoid it. If that means camping until Nana dies and you can fight Popo like a normal character, then do so.

Oh and kill Nana whenever possible. Sheik vs Popo is considerably easier than Sheik vs Ice Climbers.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
While I like your post KirbyKaze, can't Popo alone CG Sheik? I understand at that point it's much easier than Sheik vs. Ice Climbers. But I still think you need to keep the focus on not getting grabbed. Even against just Popo.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
It's fron like 0-60. TBH i dont know how much of a problem that is by the time you kill nana unless you **** hte balls off her

Cia

das kwl
^ yeah. but Dsmash ***** sheik after that point so sheik still needs to take the match up seriously.

*btw, i'm convinced ICz have the best Dsmash in the game. everyone should be over Peach's by now (which is a close second)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
While I like your post KirbyKaze, can't Popo alone CG Sheik? I understand at that point it's much easier than Sheik vs. Ice Climbers. But I still think you need to keep the focus on not getting grabbed. Even against just Popo.
I think it goes without saying you want to avoid being grabbed by every character when you're Sheik. But you're right that "fight him as a normal character" is inaccurate. You're still going to be limited to aerials and needles, only now grabbing is a really good option too. I think adding that on its own makes the matchup much, much easier, since that's basically what you're equipped with against Peach and Samus anyways and Sheik's really good against them.

edit: I'm thinking of making a matchup thread and compiling a lot of the information from this thread and the others in it. Anyone else down for that?

soap

Smash Hero
that would be cool.

brickmans **** was okay.

but u have ridiculously specific advice that is pretty helpful if u r willing to read through it all

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
ok guys: srs bizness

so I am going to enter a tournament with my partner who plays peach(we are pretty good, we got 3rd at a socal tourney), and we need some help. How should I deal with an enemy peach or puff in teams? What I normally do against peach is to not approach, and they usually come to me and I can **** them. I don't know how to deal with puff.

tl:dr Can I have some advice on how to deal with peach and puff in teams?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
just spam spaced aerials

fighting peach and puff in teams with sheik is exactly the same as singles only you can't camp them so just do spaced moves

d-smash is also very good

Razor

Smash Journeyman
dude, whoever said sheik counters ic's flat out LIED. how the **** does sheik beat ic's? If both sheik and ice climbers are on the same skill level, it's game over for sheik. wtf at the updated matchup chart? And why does mew2king think that ic's counter sheik is a myth? that's such bs. i don't think chu has ever lost to a sheik in tourny.

sheik mains, just go peach. that's what i do.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Its not THAT devastating for sheik.

Marth can 0-death CG fox on FD and do 0- a lot of dmg on other stages.

It doesn't make Marth a counter for fox.

I think sheik vs Icz is fairly even being a slight advantage on either side depending on the stage.

Top Bottom