• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Dave it was kinda just an exaggeration that anyone can edgeguard sheik gawd stop being so cereal.

I guess pichu can upsmash *shrugs* dsmash I guess works too.

Just pick a strong move that a character has and use it to edgeguard sheik, not hard at all.

Supermatt - Yes, Marth can do delayed fairs on shield and run behind you before you can shieldgrab the fair.
asdffffffff

yeah i've been too serious lately

i need to be dumb again

Spife

Smash Master
i'm sure it's been answered...but how does sheik deal with an over baring/aggressive fox?

Binx

Smash Master
With aggressive fox's it can be challenging, but if they are too aggressive its just a matter of predicting one move and beating it and then pressuring from there, if you beat a nair with a well spaced forward tilt then just read the tech chase from there and really punish from it, just make sure whatever you do it's on purpose and you know how to react afterwards.

Spife

Smash Master
but I'm still a basic sheik player :3

thanks for the help guys. Basically play the game good lul.

Spife

Smash Master
FIEEEERCE
..they call me haduken cause I"m down right fierce?
or was it shoryuken?

unno

next time I get a game of my sheik recorded (nu shiek not that old crap I have on the internets) i'll ask advice, instead of just asking questions.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jutYbAObirE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIYwoGYjaSg&feature=channel_page

more vids coming from tournament

watch me get beaten by raynex

i can't gimp fox he's too hard

fortunately sh back bair seems pretty good against him so it's all good

i'm also bad at edgeguarding D:
The only thing I recommend in terms of edgegaurding is playing around with the sh needle cancel to bair strategy. Your edgegaurds looked pretty creative to me you just missed a couple of them. Raynex seeemed to get you a lot by either firefoxing or phantasming above and a bit off the stage.

It just seems to cover a lot of options for me, he double jumps you double jump bair regardless of what he does, he firefoxes double jump bair, he phantasms just bair and he flies into it. The longer he waits and tries to DI away before jumping/doing something gives you more time to set up.

I know you know about it, I'm just throwing it out there. I find the person who has some creative edgegaurds with Sheik is Spawn so you might want to watch some of those for different ideas. Maybe his opponents just suck but he edgeguards well LOL.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
**** David I see what you mean when you said you got greedy on gimps.

Stick to your game.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
but i'm an idiot

another match finished processing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEwzyuxMcDs&feature=channel_page

i think i mostly need to edgeguard less stupidly

i keep chucking grounded needles, it would probably be smarter like 90% of the time to just grab the edge and have sheik do the rest there's nothing that sheik's needles can't cover or her ground moves can't cover that her back air can't and her back air is safer than both of them but i'm stupid and forget that crap every time and then i miss gimps because raynex is smarter than me

stupid bad habits asdf

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Only because you try to play gimp the space instead of to your strengths :/

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I find the person who has some creative edgegaurds with Sheik is Spawn so you might want to watch some of those for different ideas. Maybe his opponents just suck but he edgeguards well LOL.
<3

Eggm doesn't suck, neither does Bam. :mad: Lol, but yeah I am teh best edgeguardzing Sheik ever. I just need a good on stage game. PC Chris was just like, man you've got edgeguarding down perfectly... but on stage... >.> Haha, so much to learn. :D

Btw, Eggm has the best recovery in the world with spacies. I had to like predict what he was going to do otherwise I wouldn't edgeguard him... if he wasn't ridiculously far away.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
<3

Eggm doesn't suck, neither does Bam. :mad: Lol, but yeah I am teh best edgeguardzing Sheik ever. I just need a good on stage game. PC Chris was just like, man you've got edgeguarding down perfectly... but on stage... >.> Haha, so much to learn. :D

Btw, Eggm has the best recovery in the world with spacies. I had to like predict what he was going to do otherwise I wouldn't edgeguard him... if he wasn't ridiculously far away.
LOL

Really? Maybe I played Eggm too long, his recovery is kinda obvious to me.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
^ pssh, stop trying to sound superior.

i also think eggm has the best recovery.

but recently i've been guarding him pretty well.
BEST?

I think I have been unable to always completely edgeguard Jesus if anyone. He knows like every m2k angle for real >_>.

For falco though PC is usually my choice for best *Insert something here besides inhuman tech skill*

Razor

Smash Journeyman
how do the tristate sheiks do against pakman? i feel like luigi does really well against sheik....:(:(:(:(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
when i played him at rom i think i won almost all of my friendlies with him.

sheik ***** luigi.

just d-throw him and if he di behind you, shffl uair going backwards asap and shield and then when he comes down with nair just shield-grab him. or turn around and u-tilt at lower percents (0-10). if he di away just do fj fair --> follow or f-tilt dash forward and shield and then do the "wait for nair" shield-grab thingy. if they di the f-tilt away you probably can't follow it though so be careful.

and then just standard vs floaty / ice climbers fare applies. do fair, make sure your fair is winning, do back air, make sure your back air is winning, shield + wd oos grab / d-smash, needles from platform, needle --> grab, etc.

Binx

Smash Master
I was gonna tell you to reverse needle charge bair him more when hes off the ledge cause it covers most of the options he was choosing, then I saw you use it and **** his stock afterwards. So yeah... do that more, I'm still trying to learn all the gimping options vs most characters, it's sort of difficult for me cause I never really practiced with Sheik until recently.

From what I've seen though, reverse needle bair covers almost everything that they can do from slightly above to pretty fair below at certain distances from the ledge. Also just fairing the ledge can give you a shot at stopping a sweet spot double jump if your throw doesn't send them far, run off fair stops shine stall double jump shenanigans. But its risky, cause if you miss you die. Once you have those 2 covered, all your left with stopping is forward b sweetspots, which you can do by waiting a sec and doing a run off fair, or just time an edgehog, although typically you won't have time to turn around so I usually go with the former.

Lemme know if I missed any i really need to improve my off the ledge game, I'm an IC main remember so I'm not used to edgeguarding extremely well.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I need more back air in edgeguarding, and to be more aggressive at Firefoxes I think.

Back air beats everything so it would probably be smart to learn how to do it.

I also have to remember how to camp Peach on platforms, she seems to not be good at reaching Sheik when she's ******* around on them with sewing equipment.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I need more back air in edgeguarding, and to be more aggressive at Firefoxes I think.

Back air beats everything so it would probably be smart to learn how to do it.

I also have to remember how to camp Peach on platforms, she seems to not be good at reaching Sheik when she's ******* around on them with sewing equipment.
Yeah, I'm not creative at all with edgeguarding lol. I only bair, however, I rarely mess it up. Grab edge, bair, regrab, grab edge bair, regrab, repeat forever. Being invincible and edgeguarding with bair repeatedly is way too broken.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
i hate that wd onto the ledge--->upb by luigi. that **** is infuriating.

Cia

das kwl
well.. yeah. once any character manages to Bthrow/ hit sheik off the ledge, they usually take the stock. but here's what a typical match against luigi looks like.

needle, needle, needle, Ftilt, Fair, Charge Needles, Needles, needle, Ftilt, Ftilt, Fair, Charge Needles, etc.

poor luigi. i barely even need to move from the same spot. his only projectile is that lame fireball. so he has to approach. which is completely nullified by a single needle. i mean.. what's he going to do, approach from the air?? LOL

if the luigi is good and crafty, and they manage to get to close. Grab > Dthrow > Fair. and start the process all over again.

edgeguarding him is a bit tricky with all those misfires. but with good reflexes, u'll learn to just Fair him out it.

the only thing i think luigi has against sheik is his edge guarding and 0- death combos. but they almost never happen.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
luigi is soooooo hard to combo. lol

btw, who is the best sheik in tristate? exluding m2k of course....

soap

Smash Hero
drephens luigi used to scare the **** outta me, but i figured out how to beat it. jump back....fair.

still, sidestep>shoryuken = 2good. Im scared to go for grabs alot.

and i think Reno is the best sheik in tristate. I don't wanna hurt anybody's feelings though, plus i haven't played them yet. Drephen said he was really good and that they went back and forth in friendlies.

Top Bottom