• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Binx

Smash Master
Grab dthrow jab grab, until he starts escaping it, then dthrow tech chase, or jab if he fails to tech. Then just hit him off the ledge and work from there, if he recovers a little high space a fair and get him off, if he goes low and you can needle do that, if he tries to sweetspot get really close to the ledge and dsmash.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
i've been multishined by the cpu..

i win.

i can't even multi-shine.

i wish the cpu could rest.

they'd be broken..

can you imagine trying to hit puff with a fair (sheik) and she rests your hand??

i'd love that.
multishine /= swd I can't swd, but I can multishine.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I was playing teams with a level 8 luigi once and playing a couple of kids from RI

and my Luigi landed two taunt spikes.

Best day of my life.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Kevin wins life.

I don't think I've ever seen a human player land a taunt spike vs someone. O_O

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing a marth main lately and his counterattacks are getting annoying? Does marth have an advantage over sheik or is it a pretty equal match? Also, is there a way to predict marths counterattack by looking at marth or is it all just a game of prediction over your opponent?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Sheik has a slight advantage actually. You should be able to react to a counter.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I've been playing a marth main lately and his counterattacks are getting annoying? Does marth have an advantage over sheik or is it a pretty equal match? Also, is there a way to predict marths counterattack by looking at marth or is it all just a game of prediction over your opponent?
I think its stage dependent really. In most situations I think sheik has the lead though.

And by situations I mean stages.

And by counterattack do you mean marth's counter? (down-b move?)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
sheik ***** marth.

needles, dash attack, grab to moves, space fair into d-tilt, space bair in general because sheik's bair is dumb, grab after stuff so you can shield pressure gay him, don't tilt or jab him when he's grounded unless he's lagging, combo him well and try to make him edgeguarding you hard. or don't get off the stage in the first place, that's pretty cool too.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
too bad marth's ledgehop nair can **** sheik's recovery :\
just hold down and R / L and it makes you asdi down on the first hit and then shield the second one. it's pretty gay. if they're hitting you with just the second hit, then react better and grab the edge because his second hit takes a good while to come out.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i think he's talking about sending you off backwards with the nair if you try to do the edge thingy.

i agree, waveland f-smash is much scarier.

i played jesiahteg and he tipped me twice in a row with that ****. ****'s mad gay.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
i think he's talking about sending you off backwards with the nair if you try to do the edge thingy.

i agree, waveland f-smash is much scarier.

i played jesiahteg and he tipped me twice in a row with that ****. ****'s mad gay.
Yea I know, but you can still up-b far in the stage and DI to the other side.

I mean you can die to it but its easier to survive it. Fsmash you have to double stick really.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
waveland fsmash is a huge *****. I sort of conceed if I'm being edgeguarded by a Marth.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Never give up. Trust your instincts.

The only thing that makes Marth's edgeguard on Sheik not as broken as Fox, Sheik, Jigglypuff, Falco, Falcon, and many other characters is that he has to actually space or do different things based on where you went, and has to react fast to punish effectively, otherwise you CAN get back even without double sticks, even without fancy space magic, and just with good old-fashioned DI and a double jump if he gets a non-tipper with his F-smash.

Never give up. You gotta believe you can make it back. Sheik only loses to Marth when you start giving up and stop giving him "the business".

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What does Pichu do?

Get up from the ledge --> d-smash? Or waveland F-smash?

edit:

Marth --> waveland F-smash or late Dair combo or grab or something, low percents are awkward
Sheik --> LOL
Fox --> LOL
Falco --> LOL
Jigglypuff --> LOL
Peach --> get up from ledge to Nair or D-smash
Falcon --> Knee or Stomp to Knee
Ice Climbers --> waveland grab, D-smash, variety of other gay things
Ganon --> Dair to Fair or Bair or Uair, chain grab, Bair
Doc --> waveland F-smash or D-smash or chain grab, maybe Fair if it will KO or something
Mario --> ^ ditto, Fair to chain grab might be effective; Fair to F-smash might be funny
Luigi --> Dair until 70 and then Shoryuken or more Dair
Samus --> waveland to F-smash or get up and D-smash
Bowser --> ledgehop Koopa Claw B-throws until she dies
Pikachu --> U-smash at like 80 except on Dreamland, lower percents I see Anther do Nair or B-throw but idk
Link --> Skrah off the stage until Dair will KO off the ceiling

What else do people see commonly used to edgeguard Sheik? I know absolutely nothing about most low tiers.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
can marth fair your shield and then run away before you can grab him if he does it right? im not talking about spacing, just about speedwise

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Dave it was kinda just an exaggeration that anyone can edgeguard sheik gawd stop being so cereal.

I guess pichu can upsmash *shrugs* dsmash I guess works too.

Just pick a strong move that a character has and use it to edgeguard sheik, not hard at all.

Supermatt - Yes, Marth can do delayed fairs on shield and run behind you before you can shieldgrab the fair.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Tec0, are you going to Apex? Sorry for being a **** on aim. Drunk johns :( I just really wanted you to go and I kind of think I tried to pressure you to go too hard. Do what you're going to do.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Tec0, are you going to Apex? Sorry for being a **** on aim. Drunk johns :( I just really wanted you to go and I kind of think I tried to pressure you to go too hard. Do what you're going to do.
LOL it wasn't that bad don't worry about it =D. I thought it was funny really.

I think I'm going to apex, melee doubles and singles are on day one it seems :bee:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yayyyy. :D Who're you teaming with? I'm teaming with Kos-mos because I assumed you were already taken/not going. :o

Top Bottom