• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I love not having a korean first name or last name. So when people say my name they always give me a funny look.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
My matches with Haley were funny

They were basically

Red Sheik used Confuse Ray!
Green Fox is confused!
Green Fox hit itself in confusion!
Red Sheik - 56% HP
Green Fox - 13% HP
---------------------------
Begin turn 8
Red Sheik used Back-throw!
Green Fox teetered off the ledge...
Green Fox is confused!
Green Fox hurt itself in confusion!
Green Fox plummeted off the edge!
Green Fox fainted!

And then I Drillshine U-throw U-aired him.

Binx

Smash Master
So vs Puff what do you guys do? what stops fair pressure from her, I couldn't jump out of my shield, and at certain distances from the ledge I wasn't sure what to do. I almost beat her but I know I need to learn the match up a lot better. I got quite a few needle grabs, but if they weren't charged enough then it didn't stun enough to work, I got a couple shield grabs on the few poorly spaced aerials they did.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
So vs Puff what do you guys do? what stops fair pressure from her, I couldn't jump out of my shield, and at certain distances from the ledge I wasn't sure what to do. I almost beat her but I know I need to learn the match up a lot better. I got quite a few needle grabs, but if they weren't charged enough then it didn't stun enough to work, I got a couple shield grabs on the few poorly spaced aerials they did.
I play the match up quite boring. If I'm placed in that situation I just run away and jump with needles.

I also Nair OOS its hitbox is really good to hit puff.

CC aerial or grab works too.

When you mean from the ledge you mean when you are edgeguarding?

Usually if I'm too far I full hop needle if they are close I wait for pounds and then nair or fair accordingly.

If I notice they won't pound to recover I continually needle and look for nair opportunities near the edge. Then I run off double jump nair.

I have stuff in the first page too.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hmm, empty pivot into dash behind. I'll have to try that out. I wish people couldn't sdi the jab up when they don't tech (when they do that, they get away :( ). So gay.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
**** it Tec0, get some vids vs Fox with your Sheik. Sheik dittos are entertaining to watch though. ;) xD

Is practically everyone in this thread going to Spoc? Time for round 2 of Sheiks to place well since we didn't do well at RoM lol. Vanz didn't play Sheik then, so grrrr!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
All you need versus Puff is spaced aerials, mostly Fair and Bair, but also Uair and Nair when applicable. And a lot of needles from platforms and just in general.

Most Puffs just duck like stupid f*ggots so around 100 if you dash attack them out of their duck you can combo uair. It depends on them being stupid, but oh well. Not a good strategy, but it'll give you surprise KOs from time to time. If you knock Puff over with a tilt or something, I usually just D-smash. Unless they're super terrible you can't jab reset her at any percent.

To relieve Fair / Nair pressure, chuck a spaced Fair at her in between her hits or jump over her and fall on her with Nair. Fast falling may be necessary depending on relative spacing. Wavedashing out of shield may also be useful (duck while you do this). If by chance you're not facing her, your Bair sweetspot > her Fair every single time.

Don't get pressured to the ledge. If you do, just bite your cheeks, swallow your pride, and ledgestall for invincibility and then ledgedash to the middle and try your darnedest to get to the top platform (if there is one) or otherwise just try to get to the middle. There is no point in being in a crappy position.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
sad face @ jungle T_T

KK, are you going to Spoc?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm not sure.

Sanuzi doesn't want to drive and we don't have other cars.

We're talking to this new girl, Lisa, about getting a ride with her because she wants to see good people play, but she has a midterm the day we'd leave so we'd be leaving late and driving late is usually an omen for failure.

But we're looking into it.

Cia

das kwl
**** it Tec0, get some vids vs Fox with your Sheik. Sheik dittos are entertaining to watch though. ;) xD

Is practically everyone in this thread going to Spoc? Time for round 2 of Sheiks to place well since we didn't do well at RoM lol. Vanz didn't play Sheik then, so grrrr!
i used sheik in teams against

Cort + KDJ
Kage + Vwins
QDVS + RockCrock
Europhoria + .. his partner

and in singles, i used sheik against

Roman
Azen
Soft
Lovage
RockCrock
CACTUAR

that's PLENTY of Sheik

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Lol, I thought that you were bad with Sheik then lol. I wasn't sure. I remember seeing your set with lovage and you having to go Peach, TRADERRRR!!!!!

It's okay though, every Sheik goes some other character vs Fox lol.

Cia

das kwl
^ that's how i first noticed my sheik was off. i COUNTERPICK fox w/ sheik. and i'm normally really good at the match up.

-_-

i still need to practice my sheik.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

Sure I'll ask my brother to use his fox.

He always complains how his fox is bad....

Even though... its fine .... >_>

Also at RoM while Vanz went lotsa sheik I on the other hand....

Went lotsa FOX.

LOL but we did double sheik a lot of people ^_^

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Good try Linguini. I'm glad you finally realized it. xD

Good luck with Ganon.

soap

Smash Hero
ganon feels more satisfying to hit stuff with. But sheik can throw out a higher volume of moves which is kinda fun to do.

i actually stole tons of stuff for my sheik from reading linguini stuff on the ganon boards.

i use sh/full hop/dj waveland ftilts with sheik all the time now.

sh back, waveland forward dash attack/boost grab is prolly the most **** thing in the world. If they had started lasering when they saw u jump backwards its a free grab.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Hold a SPOC during the summer and I could make it otherwise I'd be at school :(
Scar can only get the venue during the semester.

The venue is in the school after all :(.

I only quoted this cuz I wanted to post.

And say

That I love you guys I guess.......

And linguini is a failure

but I <3 him anyway.

;)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
It's this Saturday the 18th lol. Hurry and make it, soap!

soap

Smash Hero
You're gonna quit?

SPOC is next week.
this saturday? or the one after?

there is actually a midwest circuit event in columbus this saturday that i am going to.

And im not really "quitting" more like slowly phasing smash out of my life. I am prolly gonna end up going to med school next fall at which point im prolly done with smash for a while, possibly for good. I already barely have time to play as is.

Im sure if i have good scheduling and planning i could keep playing occasionally, but i have other clubs and activities i am into as well. I don't think i'd ever quit, but i will be forced to stop playing by sheer amount of **** to do, and will eventually forget about smash I think....it makes me sad thinking about it.:(

anyways i gotta play u fukers first, we have wasted so much time together lol. I keep putting it off cuz i never want to travel anymore. I don't think i can make genesis either, so one of these SPOC's will have to do.

btw the quote in my sig is referring to the circuit event this saturday. I love trail, he is like a sig factory for me.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
this saturday? or the one after?

there is actually a midwest circuit event in columbus this saturday that i am going to.

And im not really "quitting" more like slowly phasing smash out of my life. I am prolly gonna end up going to med school next fall at which point im prolly done with smash for a while, possibly for good. I already barely have time to play as is.

Im sure if i have good scheduling and planning i could keep playing occasionally, but i have other clubs and activities i am into as well. I don't think i'd ever quit, but i will be forced to stop playing by sheer amount of **** to do, and will eventually forget about smash I think....it makes me sad thinking about it.:(

anyways i gotta play u fukers first, i keep putting it off cuz i never want to travel anymore. I don't think i can make genesis either, so one of these SPOC's will have to do.
This saturday.

And I hear you I feel like that too cuz of school and all.

I already have stopped playing it by a lot compared to how much I used to play it.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I CANT! I'm still in ****ing Miami.

I'm going to try to make it to circuit events over the summer though.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, I'm pretty sure any smasher will ever forget Melee. I think when everyone has quit, we do like a reunion. xDDDD That'd be amazing.

Top Bottom