• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Almost triple kneed a Jiggs at a smashfest last weekend. It was dthrow to knee to knee to weak knee offscreen. I was pissed, but it still felt amazing lol and it was recorded to haha

bulgarian_kid

Smash Cadet
So I saw the thread about autocanceling fair, and if I understand correctly one can also autocancel sheik's other aerials. If that is the case, is it the same timing or is it different for each? If it is different, a brief description of what you need to do to autocancel each aerial would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

soap

Smash Hero
So I saw the thread about autocanceling fair, and if I understand correctly one can also autocancel sheik's other aerials. If that is the case, is it the same timing or is it different for each? If it is different, a brief description of what you need to do to autocancel each aerial would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
they all auto-cancel in one way or the other. fair and nair are the only ones ive found that can be fastfalled as an approach and with a certain timing have them autocancel.

sh nair no fastfall autocancels.

sh rising bair, fastfall autocancels.

there is a ton more stuff to know about her aerials, like the timing for wavelanding after a full hop aerial, id recommend experimenting with all her aerials for an hour to get used to it.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
they all auto-cancel in one way or the other. fair and nair are the only ones ive found that can be fastfalled as an approach and with a certain timing have them autocancel.

sh nair no fastfall autocancels.

sh rising bair, fastfall autocancels.

there is a ton more stuff to know about her aerials, like the timing for wavelanding after a full hop aerial, id recommend experimenting with all her aerials for an hour to get used to it.
10thatssomeseriousrape :bee:

i thought i noticed something weird...

hey i have a real question pertaining to the original topic of this thread

I like to use platfroms and ish to move around on the stage, gives you more angles and such to work with, can isai drop needle and all that fun loving stuf...but how do you get grabs on FD? just wait for them to mess up?
I've started taking on stuff that m2k likes to do and that is....

To dash dance lol. Its surprisingly good and it gets grabs =D.

Depends on what character you play but.

Spaced nairs, and fairs are pretty good for pressure. It can make people jump at you trying to get past you and ftilt grab works. Needle work can be done quite effectively on FD actually. So don't count out needles, it can be helpful counterattacking sometimes after you get hit. People seem to underestimate the needle's range during sheik's freefall. It seems to catch people off guard and depending on your height and the needle count you have when you hit them. You can get a free grab ^_^.

Standing needles aren't bad either but it really depends on the opponent.

jiggs is a cool character. she dies at like.. 4%. from the center of FD
Jiggs is gay :(. I mean its hard to punish jiggs if she misses a rest, especially for falcon. I mean what can falcon possibly do?

mirite Vanz? ;)

bulgarian_kid

Smash Cadet
What I was referring to was landing during the attack animation to cut down the lag without l canceling:

frame data from superdoodleman said:
N-Air

Total: 48
Hit: 3-30
IASA: 42
Auto cancel: <2 31>
Landlag: 16
L canceled: 8
-------------------------------------
U-Air

Total: 39
Hit: 5-20
IASA: 37
Auto cancel: <4 30>
Landlag: 24
L canceled: 12
B-Air

Total: 37
Hit: 4-19
Auto cancel: <3 25>
D-Air

Total: 48
Hit: 15-33
Auto cancel: <2
Landlag: 20
L canceled: 10
F-Air

Total: 33
Hit: 5-7
Auto cancel: <4 11>

when exactly do you have to land each aerial to autocancel it?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
After the second number of the auto cancel thing. Or before, the first, I guess.

Wait what the hell? Fair autocancels frame eleven? I'm about to scream OP sauce.

Cia

das kwl
Jiggs is gay :(. I mean its hard to punish jiggs if she misses a rest, especially for falcon. I mean what can falcon possibly do?

mirite Vanz? ;)
so.. gay.

i really wish you would just stay sheik so that i can Bthrow you off the level. and win the stock everytime. :laugh::

i still think falcon should be banned.

Cia

das kwl
yeah, but he can maneuver himself. it's not like he just falls in a straight line.

his recovery is nothing special, but you guys make it seem like his recovery is yoshi's egg.

and most of the time, he's on the level. Camping w/ Nair, Dairing out of sheild. Out prioritizing/ ranging sheik's aerials w/ SH Uair.

he's such a gay character and he should die.

i think the reason falcon doesn't use his gun is because it would actually hinder his already broken move pool.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Nair autocancel frame 31 looks really awesome.

SDM Frame Data
Jump
Airborne on frame 4

Air time: 50
Earliest FF hold: 23
Earliest actual FF: 26
FF air time: 37

SH air time: 38
Earliest FF hold: 17
Earliest actual FF: 20
SH FF air time: 27

Extrapolating on this, it means it's actually possible to SH Nair and FF and have the hitbox active for the entire jump duration (except for one frame) and STILL make it autocancel.

Oh Sheik. How I love you.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I love doing autocanceled nair to uptilt. Looks so pretty. :D

soap

Smash Hero
Nair autocancel frame 31 looks really awesome.

SDM Frame Data
Jump
Airborne on frame 4

Air time: 50
Earliest FF hold: 23
Earliest actual FF: 26
FF air time: 37

SH air time: 38
Earliest FF hold: 17
Earliest actual FF: 20
SH FF air time: 27

Extrapolating on this, it means it's actually possible to SH Nair and FF and have the hitbox active for the entire jump duration (except for one frame) and STILL make it autocancel.

Oh Sheik. How I love you.
i don't use needles nearly as much anymore cuz i am so fascinated with her aerials atm.

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
what can a PAL sheik do with her throws? i know 'not much' but, whats the best that she can muster on PAL?

soap

Smash Hero
i remember amsah dthrow dash attacking armada into **** combos.

I would'nt mind having that dash attack angle sometimes.. but i guess dthrow tipper usmash is not too bad either rofl

Spife

Smash Master
uh I noticed that sheik can get a jab off on falcon before he touches the ground after the dthrow (at 0), and I forget, so are you suppose to tech chase him or can you jab him and do something to him? If so, when is the ideal time?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Why is it hard, if you're cc'ing on the ground, to dash immediately away? It's impossible to dash behind you too... anyone know why this is?

In other words
Step 1: cc for a while
Step 2: dash behind
Why is this so hard to do? The reason I'm asking is for techchasing.

soap

Smash Hero
uh I noticed that sheik can get a jab off on falcon before he touches the ground after the dthrow (at 0), and I forget, so are you suppose to tech chase him or can you jab him and do something to him? If so, when is the ideal time?
jab grab doesn't technically work but i get it all the time. don't do it twice in a row. catch them off guard.

at high percents, jab dtilt fair

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Why is it hard, if you're cc'ing on the ground, to dash immediately away? It's impossible to dash behind you too... anyone know why this is?

In other words
Step 1: cc for a while
Step 2: dash behind
Why is this so hard to do? The reason I'm asking is for techchasing.
qft, that's fukken hard for some reason

Also watch Adam and Amsah*, he didn't attend a tourney for a year but still *****:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=An00bis514&view=videos

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Hey guys =D I got new vids up on my youtube if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Teczer0

Lotsa sheik everywhere lawl.

Canismash - at low percent I think DIing away is better for the most part because if you DI in at low percents they can just re-grab you.

Its hard to say whats better to do because regardless as long as the CF can read your DI he can act accordingly.

I would say try to mix it up.

soap

Smash Hero
ive noticed this too with the crouch dash away thing.

i think its cuz u have to return to neutral to dash back.

but u can dash forward. Just do a very quick pivot forward then back

Top Bottom