• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Needle grabs are broken but I find on Puff if they crouch prior to the needle grab (actual duck animation) and continue to hold down, you need to connect two needles (or more) or there's not enough stun to get the grab and then you get pinged and die.

Sheik's duck is also very low and although she can't punish with Rest I'd assume simple buffer roll would escape her from a single needle --> grab. But I doubt most Sheiks try to do that, and I've never come across this situation (similarly, I think Sheik eats more stun than Puff in general so this may be unnecessary). Still, food for thought. It might be a useful trick if someone tries to do it to you (if it works).

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
idk I just noticed that if Jiggs is already crouched, you need more than one needle to do a needle grab on her.

So expanding upon this principle, if Sheik is ducking, you probably can't legitimately needle --> grab on her (I think). If this is the case, you could probably buffer a roll or something if they tried to do it and have it succeed.

But I really have no idea. I want to test, but my brother's not home so I can't.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Her initial duck is lower than her maintained duck.

When she's ducking for a bit (not that long, but for a bit), she shifts around and fidgets like a stupid little cretin and then her height goes up a bit. That's why Sheik can dash grab her, because she can't sit still.

Vanz showed me this.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yeah i remember reading that she bounces up and down as she crouches making it possible to dash grab her.

soap

Smash Hero
ya, she's pretty hot

kinda plain-looking though

i just saw the hottest indian girl at the grocery store in the cereal aisle.

there was a stockboy putting cereal away, and after she passed, we were both just like "daaammnnn" at the same time

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
yeah i know...watch grandmas boy...really funny movie and sehs in it :)

and

there are some hot indian chicks in this world.

soap

Smash Hero
my anatomy TA is also indian, and is pretty **** gorgeous.

but then my chem TA, also indian, is a mean ugly cunnt. She sent me home from lab cuz i was wearing shorts. ive only ever been warned, but she is one of those foreign TA's that barely speak english and was like "sorry, i follow procedure, thank u come again".

soap

Smash Hero
they come over here and are so uptight and scared to break the rules. i'm just like chill out.

i usually don't have any problems though cuz they are generally really nice, but then u get these pricks that act like they are smarter and better than u.... ugh

if u hate americans so much why r u here?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Mine barely speaks english...so like when i ask him a question...i leave more confused than when i started.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
LOL oops

no he's a nice guy though...just tough to understand (he doesnt explain stuffz)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yo no hablo Inglés.

Yo me amor la Sheik foro también.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
aw jeez :embarrass

sorry tec, didn't mean to drag u into this
Lies and slander. Well my forum talk is pretty horrendous..... I guess.....

Don't worry I'll get you back at a random big tourney that we both attend ;)

Teczero has trouble with english? LOL

rofl why is that so funny to me haha
Omg.... you spelled my name without an "h". ZOMG *surprised you can read and spell my name correctly*

*Reads Soap's post*

Fail

tec cant speak english?!? news to me
Nope, I could never speak english. All I can speak is calculus.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i thought i noticed something weird...

hey i have a real question pertaining to the original topic of this thread

I like to use platfroms and ish to move around on the stage, gives you more angles and such to work with, can isai drop needle and all that fun loving stuf...but how do you get grabs on FD? just wait for them to mess up?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i thought i noticed something weird...

hey i have a real question pertaining to the original topic of this thread

I like to use platfroms and ish to move around on the stage, gives you more angles and such to work with, can isai drop needle and all that fun loving stuf...but how do you get grabs on FD? just wait for them to mess up?
I just pressure with not needle moves. They will be forced to block. Or I pick a move that links to grab.

Top Bottom