• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Tec0, in the beginning Naruto was on the same level with those animes... until they started doing dumb **** like making 1 manga = 928302938 episodes and doing fillers for years, then doing a few episodes, then more fillers. Death Note is also mad good.

But like, you compared it to Brawl. That's like, just such a lowblow. I mean, Brawl is soooooo bad. Naruto/Death Note are not nearly that bad lol.

Vanz, you're a complete Jiggs/Peach main. :( We've really lost you? T_T

soap

Smash Hero
until they started doing dumb **** like making 1 manga = 928302938 episodes
i always found that hilarious. Any type of fight would take like 5 episodes, with 10 minutes of flashback at the beginning of each one. I didn't read the manga yet at that point and just thought that was the style of the series. Manga pace kinda *****.

first few seasons of naruto are still my favorite anime, it makes me sad thinking how good it was and how good it could still be but isn't.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I watched over 100 episodes in 3 days when I first discovered Naruto. This was freshman/sophomore year of high school. I came home from school, hid from my family, and just went into my room with my 13" tv(at the time hooray for getting a bigger tv). I stayed up practically all night for those 3 days. I got so sad when I ran out lol. It was the greatest anime I had ever seen, and I had seen a ****load of amazing anime. That's the only anime I've ever watched for such a long period of time. It was awesome because my cousin had bought them on ebay and they worked on a dvd player. So many good memories of Naruto.

Luma

Smash Lord
haha i had the some with bleach xD

anyway someone got some hints how to be imba in teams? like saving his teamm8 everytime with a needle, do i just have to play a lot or anything specific to train? etc

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm sorry, but who is imba?

For saving a teammate, you can needle/ get on the ledge and then weak upair them depending on percents. That's what I do, usually it's unsafe to save your partner besides needles since they come out so quick. The weak/strong upair really depends if you're at high percent and are going to die soon or if saving them because they got gimped is more important.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Imba = imbalanced.
Ohhhh, lol.

haha i had the some with bleach xD

anyway someone got some hints how to be imba in teams? like saving his teamm8 everytime with a needle, do i just have to play a lot or anything specific to train? etc
Don't use grabs in teams unless you know that your opponent's teammate isn't going to save them. Use aerials>shield a lot. Tilts are also broken. Don't go all out for combos if you know the opponent's teammate is going to hit you. Dsmash when both of the opponents are near you.

Aerial to shield is really good. Like, fair/bair to shield. It's so good.

When edgeguarding, make sure you are the one on the ledge because Sheik's edgeguard game relies heavily on being on the ledge imo.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Jump around with aerials.
Yes, but make sure you shield afterwards.

So,

1) Do some good aerial

2) Shield

3) ???

4) Profit

I want my avatar to show up.

Now please

Now?

Now?

...gotta be now

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sheik can do lots of things in doubles.

Usually in doubles I play support and just slap people for trying to hit my partner. And I grab to stall and stuff.

For saves my usual best best is either weak upair or weak bair(if they are close obviously).

I usually try not to needle, its in general hard to land unless your partner is like marth or peach. Go for it if you don't have enough time and it won't get your face *****.

She can play aggressive with like fairs and run away aerials too. Usually if I play aggressive in doubles I just try to space fairs on shields and if I can grab someone and throw them into their partner. Or just dthrow fair if I'm in no immediate trouble.

In doubles also regardless what role I play I am quite often VERY aggressive edgeguarding. Usually I team with my steady teammate Vanz so I'm very well aware that he can protect me in the case I miss. Usually if you play such an aggressive edgeguarding game your opponent will be forced to do something predictable(Up-b early, use their double jump early, etc blah blah) and your teammate can cover that option. But i guess thats just the up-side to having someone that knows your tendencies as a teammate =D

Cia

das kwl
Vanz, you're a complete Jiggs/Peach main. :( We've really lost you? T_T
i mean, i've noticed since ROM that my sheik has just been awful =[ and i d pretty bad w/ her at smashfests as well.

i DO need her to handle certain players that destroy YL, Peach, Puff + ICz. but it's not looking so good right now.

:cry:

Teco - Our double Sheik is still absurd ****. But our double Peach is UNREAL. :laugh:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Vanz, Puff/Peach/Icies take care of everyone for a bad matchup lol. Who are you thinking you need Sheik for?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
He said practically the same exact thing I said. He just used more words. :(

Cia

das kwl
Vanz, Puff/Peach/Icies take care of everyone for a bad matchup lol. Who are you thinking you need Sheik for?
HBK. He normally beats me in tournament. but the last time i played him (January) I beat his Marth + Fox w/ Sheik.

He ***** Peach + ICz. i'm not sure about Puff, but i assume he does.

So yeah, he's pretty much the main reason i NEED to keep a sheik.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I don't mean as a player.

I think he's sexy.
Oh, I thought you were actually talking about his advice was incredible even though I pretty much said the same thing lol. He just added a few more tidbits of information. Misunderstanding. ^_^

HBK. He normally beats me in tournament. but the last time i played him (January) I beat his Marth + Fox w/ Sheik.

He ***** Peach + ICz. i'm not sure about Puff, but i assume he does.

So yeah, he's pretty much the main reason i NEED to keep a sheik.
Ah, okay. L2sheik again. Just grab a ton and then do combos. It'll make you remember everything plus grabbing is ****. I'd suck so bad in Pal lol.

R3N0

Smash Lord
I'm going to go ahead and say.. uh.. sheik is a terrible character..
and i hate her.

i main fox now.

Luma

Smash Lord
well i actually do a lot of grabs because my teamm8 mains falcon so he can knee them which worked pretty good

he was also impressive with his knee when it comes to help me, he always did hit it weak and so i got on the stage

and well because of that i thought (only if you have a real team meaning you play more often with the same guys) i could go for a fair or bair and he would tech it, because everytime i tried to save him with like weak bair or needles he still got egdeguarded because of falcons up, even if i was guarding his *** as much as i could

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm going to go ahead and say.. uh.. sheik is a terrible character..
and i hate her.

i main fox now.
What? This saddens me a bit even though I despise Sheik. Our tourny set in CT was too good. I doubt it would have been as awesome if it were Falcon vs Fox. I fight enough foxes as it is.

soap

Smash Hero
every sheik main has gotten frustrated and resorted to spacies or marth. Then u realize u still need the ***** for something.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Not me. I've stuck with Sheik for almost 3 and a half years. I've played around with all the characters to get a better understanding of how they fight Sheik, but I've stuck true to Sheik. :p

I just decided to get better with her. No johns for losing to Foxes. It's me when I lose, not the character. She's plenty good vs everyone. You just have to figure it out.... which takes so ****ing long. X_X

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I've gone off and on with Sheik, but recently I've come to terms with the fact that I like her the most and it's too much effort to be good with Fox / Falco all the time. I like that Sheik is simple, I like her tech chases, and she's the most fun for me, so I'm probably not going to try to main Fox again.

Peach is the only exception. FC Fair is too much fun.

soap

Smash Hero
i'd main pikachu if i didn't care for placings.

quick attack tricksies, tail spikes, amazing taunt..... god is sheiks taunt bad

soap

Smash Hero
placings DON'T matter

lol jus playin, u dont want to LOSE do u?

*** it, im tryin all pika next tourney i go to. unless i have to fight a sheik....i hate getting cg'ed. it's hard to do fun stuff when u r being repeatedly down thrown. Which leads me to why do i do sheik dittoes? o ya u can't grab my sheik XD *waits for someone to post set with drephen* lolol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It really makes committing a pain in the arse, I think.

My response to cc dash grab is just to stick to aerials and grabs and stuff but like >_<

Crouch cancelling is so gay.

soap

Smash Hero
It really makes committing a pain in the arse, I think.

My response to cc dash grab is just to stick to aerials and grabs and stuff but like >_<

Crouch cancelling is so gay.
its tough to aerial cuz it has to be too perfectly spaced.

needles actually **** CC. just know that they can pull a move out before u can grab them and it will likely be a dtilt. then u dash dance grab it.

it's what i'm doing to drew next time i play him. Hopefully he doesnt check the boards anymore

Top Bottom