• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Because my computer crashed and I couldn't do mod things except infract for a while.

I'll do that though.

And Toph xD were you at Apex btw? and why didn't we play if you were :(
Ya I was lol. I BARELY BARELY BARELY lost to your teammate (**** Samus LOL) in pools. I should've gone Sheik D:

I dunno why we didn't play. Actually I don't even know what you look like come to think of it LOL. Come to Northwest Manifest (March 24) and let's play then I'll house you :3

Or I'll just see you at the next national lolz.

Edit: Btw, dumb frame question, but how do you get Sheik's fair to autocancel? You just start it really late, after you're already descending?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I actually really want to go but I don't think I have the time. I might anyway my semester seem to be fairly easy, I might take you up on it depending how I feel my semester goes.

:phone:

stelzig

Smash Lord
Edit: Btw, dumb frame question, but how do you get Sheik's fair to autocancel? You just start it really late, after you're already descending?
You actually have to start it really early. In my experience the timing is almost the same (a tiny bit earlier) as when you start the fastfall if you want it perfectly.

Edit:
Total: 33
Hit: 5-7
Auto cancel: <4 11>

So yeah. 4 frames after the hitbox is gone, it autocancels.

I agree about the sheik thing btw. I never found her *that* easy to control. Probably the character where I feel like I go between different pacings the most as well instead of just sitting comfortably with the same pacing for everything you do. I think alot of people just get tired of ftilt > Fair (and americans tired of dthrow > stuff)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I actually really want to go but I don't think I have the time. I might anyway my semester seem to be fairly easy, I might take you up on it depending how I feel my semester goes.

:phone:
:3 k

Sion will be there! You guys should team and be Team Dere Thread or whatever. PS he's reallllllllyyyy good.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I see Mew2King do that a lot (SH FF AC Fair) against Fox; Is there a particular reason why that is?
Because it *****?

You can start Fair near the peak of your SH, input the FF immediately after, and it will AC. You can do it fairly late into your jump / FF.

stelzig

Smash Lord
The motion for nair shine and nair oos are different because you're compressing a trigger. This does matter for some people.

SH nair OOS in front of a standing Puff in training mode (c-stick don't matter on this one). If you do the full damage while rising then you've done it pretty close to perfectly. If you miss or don't do max damage possible (obviously you need to pay attention to staling) then you've done it incorrectly.

This is how I learned the timing for the actual move. Learning it against shield stun just requires experience. Although you *can* do some other stuff to simulate that (albeit poorly) to get a feel for it.
Man this is hard. I can't hit more than 8-10% :(
The AC fair on kirby a little bit easier, though I still don't hit it every time, but as long as I can at least hit fox consistently with it :)

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Man this is hard. I can't hit more than 8-10% :(
The AC fair on kirby a little bit easier, though I still don't hit it every time, but as long as I can at least hit fox consistently with it :)
Yeah man I practiced it for 10-15 minutes yesterday...and I couldn't hit it at all on the way up. Very frustrated.

I can't even think about shield dropping yet.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Shielddrooping is alot easier than this imo. I don't think you can hit puff unless you're all up in her face btw (correct me if i'm wrong :p).

I have trouble fastfalling and l-cancelling after a shielddrop (fortunately, Nair and Fair do not need to be l-cancelled after a shielddrop, at least not non-fastfalled). The actual shielddrop is not *that* hard.

Edit: Oh... Now I get 7% on releasing it on top of puff when falling on her and with the Nair Oos... Guess I might be hitting it properly then ^_^
... But shielddrop Nair does need to be l-cancelled, what the hell am I talking about? lol. For some reason that hasn't really been a problem...

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I just wanna make sure I've got this right...

Against Fox, if he's waveshining me, I hold away w/ C-stick and move repeatedly from away diagonally up to diagonally down for DI, but I can also do reverse directions to change the DI up and hope they mess up, right? Similar DI is also used to get out of a drill if I'm not mistaken? Also, if he jabs and I CC, what are my best available options? I'm assuming wavedash away, ftilt if he's above knock down %, or grab are going to be my best bets?

As for Falco, I was not aware of crouching making it easier to powershield lasers...if I'm understanding this correctly, all I need to do in order to powershield one of Falco's lasers is let's say, I'm dash dancing/wavedashing around and I crouch right under a laser Falco shoots, and just press shield right as it goes over me and it'll powershield?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I usually mash away but mashing away up and down is probably fine. The drill you can hold away sometimes an you can DI it. But yea mash away.

If you cc a jab just grab or dsmash.

Yes, if you crouch under a laser and you shield you'll PS the laser. It doesn't always work though because they can shoot it low enough where you cant crouch it obviously.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
While grounded, you can't SDI upwards on a move that doesn't have any vertical knockback. This is called Forbidden Smash DI

stelzig

Smash Lord
I think you get out the fastest by not DIing and jumping. Or trying to land on a platform og get off-stage I guess (if you want to risk getting edgeguarded).

stelzig

Smash Lord
I will have to try that. I just never had success Nairing out when I got CG'd by doc the last time, and was told that jumping out with no DI was the fastest escape option.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I mean that can very well be used as well.

It's more a psychological thing because if you hit the nair it's a great reversal. And I love playing the psychcological stuff =3

stelzig

Smash Lord
Haha, I guess. I actually completely forgot about jumping out of stuff when it happened to me because I had become so adjusted to just Nairing - It had recently worked so consistently for me against 2 swedish falcons (uthrow). So I love Nairing out of stuff too, but I don't think it works if the opponent times his stuff properly :(

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've heard that if you don't DI CGs, then you have a much better chance for getting out. This concerns all of them. Not sure why, or how that works, but it's worth trying out.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
It's all about the height which is why I was saying DI in.

The higher you are the longer they have to wait to grab you.

Pretty simple idea of you think about it lol.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
M2K (mainly at Genesis) is the only person that's really used it effectively. I think it might have some applications defensively (ie. damage building and generic ranged trolling) versus some of the slower characters (Peach, Ganon, etc).

Kaffei

Smash Hero
M2K (mainly at Genesis) is the only person that's really used it effectively. I think it might have some applications defensively (ie. damage building and generic ranged trolling) versus some of the slower characters (Peach, Ganon, etc).
Would it work against Jiggs? LOL

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Oh yeah..

That is scary. :|
What if she's recovering low.. and then u spam chain at the ledge so she can't grab it o.o

ChicknMonkey

Smash Apprentice
How does one boost grab effectively, and should I be using it pretty much every time I go to grab?

Top Bottom