• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

DualCats

Smash Ace
I dislike Sheik dittos. I'm not bad at them per se, but it's an uncomfortable matchup for me. I'm not sure why.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I dislike Sheik dittos. I'm not bad at them per se, but it's an uncomfortable matchup for me. I'm not sure why.
SH Fair *****. D-tilt sneaks under SH Fair a lot. Dash attack can also sneak under SH Fair but it's harder and more commitment and other stuff.

Do good combos.

I wish i could do this with sheik. Its all smooth sailing after that.
Agreed.

What do you do to approach a fox on FD? It just seems like he is impossible to corner and can just camp you all day with his lasers and speed.
If they're running under / through you when you corner him you should probably use Nair more. It's a good mixup with stationary / retreat SH Fairs. It also controls a sort of awkward zone. If they're going above you, use Bair more.

I don't really recommend trying to call jumps and Uair because Uair doesn't cover much ground (confound her crappy aerial mobility) but you can try it. Her sex kicks and Fair tend to work better for me in practice, though.

Sveet's spacing thing below is also good.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Stay continuously out of his dash->dair range. If he moves at you, do a grab or ftilt while option selecting a CC. If he backs up move forward slowly while maintaining this spacing. He can't escape on platforms.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I recently lost a tourney set to the best Marth in my state. Though I didn't expect to beat him in the first place, I thought I knew the matchup well enough to to at least take 2 stocks, but in the end, I got 3 stocked twice. His main approach was with fairs, but he spaced them out of my grab and f-tilt range while still hitting my shield. I didn't have a clue what to do.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Near the edge
On the edge
Around the edge
Above the edge
Below the edge

On Mute City, make your own edge.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ironically, now that I'm playing Fox and Peach, I'm realizing I never learned a solid spacing game with Sheik. So I've got a whole new dimension of Sheik to learn. That doesn't involve giant death combos. Coolbeans.
Cross-posting this here.

I'm really struggling with Sheik's good zones and distances right now. It seems more obvious where I want to be when I'm Fox or Peach.

Usually I can watch a specific distance with Fox or Peach but Sheik feels like she covers less ground because of her lack of float / ridiculously good dash dance. So I'm really perplexed as to how to work her movement game, and which ranges I should be watching for. I'm noticing I'm just autopilot with Sheik until I hit them.

I remember Zhu telling me that he felt I was smarter when playing Fox but my Sheik was still way better.

I dunno what to do. I doubt it's a seriously awful issue but this is really stressing me out. Soap, Sveet, Mow, Cactuar, etc. any words of wisdom?

soap

Smash Hero
never felt peaches float covered that much distance. fox's dashdance and his options out of it is one of the best in the game imo so I never felt too envious.

but anyways, press offense with boostgrabs/dash attacks/running dtilts/needles. Short hop back defensively out of those presses. when they don't follow my retreating short hop I made a habit out of fastfalling a needle charge and holding it to keep pressure and watching their reaction.

sheiks dash dance is not something to be relied on I found, too easy to overshoot attacks into it. It's better as a close range offensive fakeout.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Lol. You know I don't write in depth responses to this kind of stuff on the boards anymore. People looking for answers have to discuss the topic with me on aim.

*:troll:*

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Cross-posting this here.

I'm really struggling with Sheik's good zones and distances right now. It seems more obvious where I want to be when I'm Fox or Peach.

Usually I can watch a specific distance with Fox or Peach but Sheik feels like she covers less ground because of her lack of float / ridiculously good dash dance. So I'm really perplexed as to how to work her movement game, and which ranges I should be watching for. I'm noticing I'm just autopilot with Sheik until I hit them.

I dunno what to do. I doubt it's a seriously awful issue but this is really stressing me out. Soap, Sveet, Mow, Cactuar, etc. any words of wisdom?
I am having the same problem. Have you watched Lucien's video on spacing and Mango's interview? After watching those, I now view the game a lot differently, but I still haven't got comfortable with my spacing as Sheik or the best way to do it yet.

Lucien's idea of jumping when they come inside a certain range was helpful when practicing last night. I finally started to get good use out of the F-tilt as well.

Top Bottom