• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Ministry

Smash Ace
Does anyone have advice on learning to powershield? also, is it worth taking the time to master? i fight a lot of falcos and it seemed like a useful think to be able to do
i crouch power shield both lasers and Ariels. just crouch and let go and shield when they hit you. puts you in a perfect position for a grab.

i definitely think its worth mastering, makes for blocking and countering so much easier

WHA?

Smash Ace
i crouch power shield both lasers and Ariels. just crouch and let go and shield when they hit you. puts you in a perfect position for a grab.

i definitely think its worth mastering, makes for blocking and countering so much easier
why the crouch????

Ministry

Smash Ace
If you crouch the move/laser can be anywhere touching you(that includes above you) instead of just in front of you. this means you have a lot more time to power sheild what you want.

WHA?

Smash Ace

If you crouch the move/laser can be anywhere touching you(that includes above you) instead of just in front of you. this means you have a lot more time to power sheild what you want.
ok so do i HAVE to let go of the crouch??
i can crouch, let go, then sheild
i can crouch, shield

so is letting go crucial?? why?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
maybe. I was a link player before competitive smash.
Woot! Heres to Link mains before competitive smash :p

Question about stage counterpicking against the mario bros:

Should I take luigi to a smaller stage were he can't get away? Or a bigger one were I can needle camp better? And what's a good stage against someone who also used Mario really well?

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)

Should I take luigi to a smaller stage were he can't get away? Or a bigger one were I can needle camp better? And what's a good stage against someone who also used Mario really well?
Battlefield is hell for Luigi vs. Sheik if the Sheik uses platforms really well.

The space on Dreamland/PS helps him a bit, and FD is definitely not where you want to be.

The shorter platform heights and smaller space on FoD/Yoshis make those stages a bit better for Luigi than Battlefield.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lolllllllllllllllllllllllll

soap that made my day

but i actually don't know

and i'm reluctant to power up my cube because it's horribly malfunctional

Ministry

Smash Ace
lolllllllllllllllllllllllll

soap that made my day

but i actually don't know

and i'm reluctant to power up my cube because it's horribly malfunctional
i wouldnt consider sitting next to the cube and open/closing it every time you and bernard play a match horribly melfunctional. its more emo

AK's > CT .
yay double post. its true they do more dmg, but if your as good as zet/element/spawn then it doesn't matter what gun you use against them

:mad088: :mad088: :mad088: :mad088: :mad088: :mad088: :mad088: :mad088: :mad088:

Keru

Smash Cadet
I have this problem where after I ftilt, they DI just far enough where I can't Fair or Nair them. As Sheiks air momentum is trash, I can't really do anything about it. Not really sure what answer I'm looking to get out of this lol.

soap

Smash Hero
I have this problem where after I ftilt, they DI just far enough where I can't Fair or Nair them. As Sheiks air momentum is trash, I can't really do anything about it. Not really sure what answer I'm looking to get out of this lol.
dash attack/running dtilt

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace

Lol yes same here. I still like yl for low tournies

gm jack

Smash Lord
Still a good little combo, even if it is escapable thanks to how quick it happens. Either miss the cc or di badly and you can get off a kill move from a 2 frame move.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
haha ya man.

I feel im pretty solid atm but there are things i can improve on you know. at this point i feel its just exp and getting better at certain match ups.

how are things going for you? you got it a little harder than me since your playing pal lol.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Top Bottom