• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If you can set it up then sure

Dair --> Dair is a great thing vs a lot of characters if you can set it up, some need plats and other conditions for it to work

Falcon Fox Falco Marth Ganon Sheik

It ***** lol

Brookman

Smash Hero
look at these mods, spamming off topic like total fiends. great way to lead through example, friends.

and this from the mod who infracted me twice for minor spam. tsk tsk, mr. fever.

Pita

Smash Apprentice
And Brookman's post is the essence of the continuation of off-topic chatter that I will fix with a question that puts us back on topic.

The so-called Shino Stall I've heard so much about: I think I'm doing it wrong. I'm on the ledge, hit down, then hit up+b, wait for the explosion, and hit down again. Yet when I do it against a CPU (to test if they can hit me), they occasionally D-smash or use other moves and hit me out of it. I tried finding instructional videos but can't find any. Can anyone either link me to one or give me pointers on what I might be doing wrong?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
1. grab the ledge for invincibility
2. let go asap to cover as much of the upB startup with the ledge-invincibility as possible
3. upB (try to hit up and B at the same time so you don't waste time with jumping)
4. press down but let go in time so you don't miss the ledge ;D

Pita

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys. Already see what I was doing wrong: I was waiting on the ledge for too long before dropping down, so I wasn't getting the invincibility frames during that time. Can't practice right now, but I think I should be able to do it now.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Thanks guys. Already see what I was doing wrong: I was waiting on the ledge for too long before dropping down, so I wasn't getting the invincibility frames during that time. Can't practice right now, but I think I should be able to do it now.
Practice it on the Brinstar lava when you get a chance.

Pita

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna have to practice it with a Fox shooting constant lasers at me to make sure I'm doing it right, but I think I got it down. Still mess up sometimes though.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I know my tech skill is pretty awful. I'm working on it.

I might make a separate thread and post more matches in a couple weeks once I get more comfortable moving around with a new character.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Only watched the first game so far, but you tried to shield grab late dairs and consistently got shined for it. You also wiffed a fair few dash attacks when you were tech chasing and just missed. If you are too close dash away then turn and do it. The dash dance only takes a few more frames.

mers

Smash Ace
At this point it looks to me like you need more general advice. The biggest thing I noticed was that you relied really heavily on prediction. Sheik is incredible when you react to your opponent. Don't always commit first, you can wait for them to commit and keep them pressured longer.

Second, do your best not to shield so much against Falco. He controlled your movement really well, which you can't let him do.

Disclaimer: I only watched the first video, and I suck.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
ok so everyone knows that puff has the advantage vs sheik, but i think sheik can still get pretty quick damage, but she just cant finish. latley ive been getting the jigglypuff to above 70% and then going zelda and getting that bair/fair. its risky and i dont think it would do to well in top level play, but killing puff with sheik is too hard haha. and its a slap in the face because you get to win as zelda

Ministry

Smash Ace
ok so everyone knows that puff has the advantage vs sheik, but i think sheik can still get pretty quick damage, but she just cant finish. latley ive been getting the jigglypuff to above 70% and then going zelda and getting that bair/fair. its risky and i dont think it would do to well in top level play, but killing puff with sheik is too hard haha. and its a slap in the face because you get to win as zelda
as stupid as this sounds, it seems like the people you are playing against don't know how to play puff...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
to be totally honest if you have a good grasp on zelda it's probably not a HORRIBLE idea. i am VERY good with zelda and end up using her pretty often when I have to, so i could see this working. Situational as helllllllll tho

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
would you rather have falco's shine for a down b or fox's shine?

I would choose fox's just so I could do bair to shine spike or fair to shine spike

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
has anyone had a dash attack send someone straight out? im talking like 180 degrees. before anyone says it i doubt the cause was di, because it happened during edgeguarding
The outward hit can finish combos sometimes and setup gimps I guess.

For edgeguarding I find anything is better because it doesn't hit very low and has relatively low priority.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Falco's is better for Sheik because it lets you combo into her U-smash easily and that's ridiculous. Shine to Dair/Uair/U-tilt would also be stupid for combos. And it allows her to just hit Shines vs space animals for combo starting and continuing so tech chasing would be largely obsoleted in favour of automatic death combos.

Ironically enough, tech chasing would also be made more powerful because you could Shine the tech stand/non-tech and get a huge auto-combo and dash attack/boost grab the rolls.

For frame advantage Falco's Shine is strictly superior to Fox's. Sheik's Multishine with it (she has the same jump speed class as Fox) would be absurdly good. Probably too hard to execute to be a real strategy, but Shining twice then wavelanding off a platform seems like a good way to attack a shield on most levels. Sheik has some notoriously good grabs, too, so Shine grab from her (with all that juicy frame advantage) would be a really good option.

Her edgeguarding is fine she doesn't need Fox's shine for that since her weak bair --> another bair --> edgehog is already as lethal as a shine spike vs space animals and she can strong Bair or needle or whatever anyone else. Fox's shine might setup tech chase onstage but Falco's straight up combos and guarantees a follow, which you can then use to setup a tech chase or make a big combo, so the consistency is better.

Anyway enough stupid theory.

Let's talk about the Ice Climber matchup. Or unique spots to use needles in edgeguarding. Or something.

It's so dead in here.

soap

Smash Hero
ya i stopped checking this thread alot cuz I don't play anymore

social thread is where it's at

(it's like muscle memory to come to smashboards after I check my e-mail....creepy I know, I'm here b4 I realize i'm here)

Top Bottom