• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Leviathan, do me a favor and stop double posting. There is an edit button for a reason.

Travis - Funny story, the first tournament I went to the skill level was lower than what I expected :laugh:.
Same here. I guess that's what happens when you join when there aren't a lot of good people/pros.

Spife

Smash Master
my first tourny match was a link ditto (I 3 stocked the kid :D)

then my second tourny set I had to play nuro and he taught me valuable lessons about spacing. I wish I had payed attention lul

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
:'( Poor soap.

My first tourny match was against some random guy and I pretty much only played random people who noone has ever heard of.

My first competitive match at a tournament was vs PC Chris while he was up and coming as a pro. 37 damage on his Falco with my Link (all dairs non lcancelled because I thought it was a good move) because I thought that going Sheik against him would be a bad idea. xD Ahhh those were the days. :)

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I had to check my tab to make sure this was the sheik thread - it is never on topic ha.

My first tourny I was a bad kid and was amazed by falco's and a sheik that now I watch and I know I could at least go even with them. So that's a plus

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i wish i could say the same

this thread is ALOT better than it used to be.

Haley's gay.

for good measure.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I had to check my tab to make sure this was the sheik thread - it is never on topic ha.

My first tourny I was a bad kid and was amazed by falco's and a sheik that now I watch and I know I could at least go even with them. So that's a plus
Yea....

I'd like to ask you guys to try to go back onto you know... Sheik things.

I love you guys and all but like.... yea.... don't make me do moderator things.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
2 questions
1) how does hitting someone backwards with a fair work
2) I want to do terrible things to the space animals on brinstar but the layout is a bit unorthodox. Any suggestions on how to use the platforms, pink connecter thingees, lava, wavy ground, etc. ?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
2 questions
1) how does hitting someone backwards with a fair work
2) I want to do terrible things to the space animals on brinstar but the layout is a bit unorthodox. Any suggestions on how to use the platforms, pink connecter thingees, lava, wavy ground, etc. ?
To get the invert Fair you simply need to hit with the back of the Fair's hitbox.

Brinstar is silly. But I never pick that level so I can't really help you.

soap

Smash Hero
break the bubbles on brinstar. its easier to trap them on smaller platforms.

bair hits a bunch of bubbles at the same time. so does chain

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
lol sorry i didn't see this...

but you are like never on topic yourself
I don't mind you guys going off on tangents randomly for a little while. Just can't have it for like 2 pages straight.

I do randomly talk about stuff thats irrelevant sometimes but I don't go on and on about it.

Like I said I won't penalize anyone for doing it here and there, just don't do it for like 2 pages in a row.

DJRome

Smash Hero
where's the correct place to cp peach and puff? i always think small, but they have beast moves that follow up well on small stages too. :\

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Personally my favorite stage to CP peach is Stadium, because of the low ceiling.

YS isn't such a bad option IMO easy to KO off the top and you have the possibility of the cloud helping you out.

Really I think its less of where to go and more of where to avoid.

I don't think I'd pick FD or DL64 against peach.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Because its harder to take advantage of your abilities really.

It doesn't hurt sheik a ton but dealing with mid level floats are obnoxious sometimes and I like to have the luxury of running onto a platform or under a platform for protection.

Plus its a relatively large stage and she can live fairly long on it =/.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
She does live a long time and killing her off the top takes longer too. I see my best results on YS or green greens!!!
btw THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THE THREADS WHO HAS GIVEN ME ANY ADVICE! it has reeeeaaaaallllyyy inhanced my game quite a bit.
Even you Scumfever, even tho you hate everything I post :)

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
What? I always thought sheik was best there. Idk I always destroy my friends Peach there by quite a good margin. I play an extreme campy game there tho. lol he has a problem with trying to rush in on me

Top Bottom