• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

DJRome

Smash Hero
what exactly is the frame data on this? if i ftilt, does it hit the furthest hitbox while invuln? does the grab get off in time to get it without being hittable?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't know, actually. Quick. Someone summon Magus420. And while they're at it, ask him to make a GIF on the Sheik U-smash vs Fox tech roll thing like he did for Falcon's FJ FF AC Nair vs Peach and pretty much every Ganon tech chase in existence.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Make him do the first move and then punish it.

DD boost grab > Marth
DD dash attack > Marth
Sheik edgeguard > Marth
Marth DI away:
Chain grab at low percent, or dash attack --> bull****

Marth DI anywhere else:
U-tilt (low percent, high percent) or Uairs (medium percent) because they combo into ridiculous bull**** and Marth sucks at getting down from Sheik juggles

At like 75 if he DIs anywhere but away and there's no platform you can just U-smash and KO.
Dam. Such useful info put really simply. I never thought of using upairs at mid percents against Marth, that's such a good idea, especially since Marth gets ***** in the air against sheik like you said. KK are you going to that "big" Canada tourney in May? I don't know the name of it but I just heard about it from Noobking.

The first time I ever watched a video of Marth vs Shiek was m2k 2 stocking you on FD (I think)
I didn't know what to expect, but he makes Marth look so smooth and shuts down shiek options so much that there was no bull**** the whole match.

like WTF!
yea.. lol i get ***** in those matches but that was the first time i had ever played M2K so cut me some slack haha. i think i did a bit better the first match on yoshi's but yeah i think someone took two combos out of those matches and put it in a m2k combo video -_-

I.B

Smash Lord
Dam. Such useful info put really simply. I never thought of using upairs at mid percents against Marth, that's such a good idea, especially since Marth gets ***** in the air against sheik like you said. KK are you going to that "big" Canada tourney in May? I don't know the name of it but I just heard about it from Noobking.
KK:

Against Mango's Marth (not name-dropping for the reason of pride 'cuz his Marth is silly but because he has very good DI and is reputed to have good DI) I routinely did 40% to him per throw in our friendlies. Granted, he had warm-up johns but nonetheless U-tilt and Uair are ****ing ****.

If I can win some tournaments (LOL not going to happen :() and keep the money (LOL unlikely :() then I will definitely fly out of BC. However, I am a University student and the money in EC Canada tournaments are non-existent.

No Marth is actually good against Sheik.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
siiigh my friend is... He just gimps me all over the stage. Ppl kept saying it was a **** matchup so that's how i treated it...THAT'S INCORRECT. You have to play extremely smart and space perfectly. It's more of a "take advantage of marths missed attacks" matchup. I see **** as when i can just be on the offensive all the time, like against cfalcon or something.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik sucks at approaching Falcon. Her game against him is extremely narrow. But that doesn't mean she doesn't kick his bum really, really hard.

Same for Marth. Just because you can't play ******** and be successful doesn't mean it's not a horrible matchup for the other guy. It just means you can't be ********.

And I agree, Plank.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Agreed. Even if a matchup is 90-10 that still doesn't mean you can be all out reckless and throw out moves and win. Playing reckless will lose you any matchup.

By your definition of a **** matchup, lordy, then there is no such thing.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah the beauty of melee is that you can still win a **** matchup

i mean look, sheik players beat space animals all the time! XD

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
When you hear the term "****" it seems to me like it's a for sure win allll the time. which is not true. I agree that sheik can win it, but its more sheik punishing the marth for messing up rather than sheik just being all over everyting. And aggressive is not the same as reckless.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Whatever you meant, by your definition of ****, there are no '****' matchups.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I do

but i pick and choose my times to play offensively. THere is no matchup in which you can constantly rush down opponents and win. You have to bait opening and play smart and attack your opponent when he leaves himself open.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
edit: i actually don't care. do what you think you should in the MU's

tell me how it turns out

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
lol@ some random guy arguing with you fever

lordydennek, i think sheik mains need to play more like you vs marth :)

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
lol@ some random guy arguing with you fever

lordydennek, i think sheik mains need to play more like you vs marth :)
i dont play like that vs marth NOW. I just dont agree that its a **** match. I think sheik is just better by a small margin. Mainly due to needles. I'm not random. No one's random.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
nope, just what's on my mind

btw this should be clarified. He said you had only been playing for a few months (maybe a year, i dont remember), and its true, it looks that way. It doesn't mean your bad for how long you've been playing. However, It would be ignorant to think after picking up this game in a year you would be above average, no offense to you meant at all.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
cmon if you're going to name drop, drop some good names, not some "look it up on youtube" names
Its true, we're not pro, but many falcon mains know who I am including many falcon pros... i know it doesn't say much, but we also haven't played smash for 8 years or 5 years or a ridiculous amount of time, so cut us some slack and also

if pros and good people keep being a ****(not all just some) to us "not good people or newcomers", then you guys will lose a huge portion of the smash community so I suggest you keep your cockiness to a minimum.

I don't want to start an argument and would rather not debate anything like my friend lordy likes to do...

Anyways so what do you guys think? Sheik ***** Marth or Sheik a little better? Also Captain Falcon is definently destroyed by sheik correct?

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
nope, just what's on my mind

btw this should be clarified. He said you had only been playing for a few months (maybe a year, i dont remember), and its true, it looks that way. It doesn't mean your bad for how long you've been playing. However, It would be ignorant to think after picking up this game in a year you would be above average, no offense to you meant at all.
Wellll... I do beleve I have some natural talent, nuff said... don't want to argue so lets leave it at that

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i wasn't attempting to start an argument, but understand that namedropping peole who no one has ever heard of doesn't help their case. Also, we're only ***** when someone chooses not to listen to what we're saying, which he wasn't.

Sheik/Marth is a tad in favor of Sheik, but not by large amounts (i.e. Sheik Falcon). CF is definitely wrecked by sheik if the matchup is played correctly.

natural talent won't carry you in this game. I'm not trying to be mean with you, but go to a tournament and see what the average level of play is. Trust me, when i went to my first one, it was ALOT higher than i expected it to be.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
really i mean i figured sheik would destroy marth of both players are of equal skill... and obviously falcon gets ***** by sheik... the thing is though falcon can indeed combo the hell out of shiek and vice versa

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i wanna see KK vs HBK, hes pretty good vs sheik and i wanna see how other sheiks besides me do vs him!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Leviathan, do me a favor and stop double posting. There is an edit button for a reason.

Travis - Funny story, the first tournament I went to the skill level was lower than what I expected :laugh:.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Someone needs to do a search to find out how many times Haley has been called gay in this thread alone.

Top Bottom