• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik forgets to transform. What do you do?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
99% of the time, after I let them transform, the Sheik player starts charging her needles as I say 3,2,1 go. She then has a full set of needles at the start of the match.

So yeah, never doubt a Sheik's ability to play without honor. So **** Sheik, **** honor, and take a stock off to teach em a lesson. I don't need a bigger disadvantage because I chose to give pity on a character that ***** mine.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I feel like for our purposes, Sheik and Zelda should be considered the same character. I don't see why anyone should have to communicate which ego they're using before the match ...
if thats the case, then accidental non transformations should be punished severely.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Force them to Zelda, or get a free rest, even in friendlies.

EDIT:

I think that for all sheik players, the game starts before the announcer says GO. If they forget, it is a mistake.

Stev

Smash Ace
to address an earlier point: i actually do sort of think it's cheating for players who select sheik before the match transform to zelda to recover.
This doesn't make sense because you can punish them when they switch back. The difference is that they willingly switched and thus accepted the notion of getting punished when they transform back.

LLDL

Smash Hero
if you're usign fox, laser the zelda. if i was using falco i would just approach.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I use sheik as a secondary and i dont expect people to give me a chance to transform if i forget to hold down A... Its my fault...

Zodiac

Smash Master
I would let them transform, I forgot to transform in a friendly just yesterday and they rushed me anyway, I threw out a couple lightning heels then ran and transformed.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
This doesn't make sense because you can punish them when they switch back. The difference is that they willingly switched and thus accepted the notion of getting punished when they transform back.
it does make sense and what you said didn't relate to my point in any way.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I press B all day.

Just kidding I walk off the edge knowing my zelda is barren : [

Geist

Smash Master
I'd let them transform.

But I have another question, what if you're a Zelda player, and when the match starts, your opponent does nothing waiting for you to transform?
I usually go for a free heel.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You know, I just read the first post of this page, crimson blur you made me laugh. Good ****.

MT_

Smash Ace
I think the whole "they made a mistake, so it should be punished" argument is such bogus. Don't get me wrong; in game, when someone makes a mistake obviously you punish - that's part of playing. But this 'mistake' is not even part of the actual game... it's BEFORE the match even starts. Thus, I think a reset and then playing on the same stage is the way to deal with it.

Now, if the match started and your opponent attacks you as Zelda... that's another story.

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
i play peach, i usually have no choice but to let them :/

on the smaller stages i'll get a fair in if i can lol

mers

Smash Ace
I give them a second to transform. If they move at me, they're fair game, but otherwise I wait.

I think chivalry or whatever is a really good thing for the community. I also SD if my opponent does sometimes, if its truly a suicide from a neutral position and we're at approximately the same percent. I don't think people should be expected to do either of these things, but I like to.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i thought about this question in a different scenario, like in the case that it happens mid match, not forgetting at the beginning, because yeah just like pocky said your opponent could start the match without even being aware.

regardless, i'd punish someone turning back into shiek. why not? it's a mistake just the same as any other, missing a rest gets punished, literally doing anything wrong gets you punished but people think because they turn into zelda by mistake that they deserve more 'leniancy', which is silly.

going zelda means pushing a button order on accident. clearly when the opponent hit down-b they were attempting to attack/punish you, so why not punish them for screwing up?

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

DJMirror

Smash Master
Dude MacD ***** at this. His zelda is better than his Sheik. If his sheik is losing and he doesn't stay in the second match because his sheik got ***** in the last match, you'll think he made a mistake! Nope! he ***** you and you'll go "****KKKK"

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I would run at people then shield.

Most people, those who don't know how to play zelda probably would probably just fair/bair outta fear.

Then I'd just like WD and just... wait to punish something.

And in friendlies I just do nothing and let them transform.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Rush them and infinite, hopefully before they can even transform.

Infinite again when they respawn and try to transform again.

Rappster

Smash Ace
Rush them and infinite, hopefully before they can even transform.

Infinite again when they respawn and try to transform again.
thats horrible or hilarious. cant decide which.
if i was in tourney and this happened, i'd probably play something that would let them transform, but still benefit me (charge shadowball/dk punch/pull stitchface/get needles).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think the whole "they made a mistake, so it should be punished" argument is such bogus. Don't get me wrong; in game, when someone makes a mistake obviously you punish - that's part of playing. But this 'mistake' is not even part of the actual game... it's BEFORE the match even starts. Thus, I think a reset and then playing on the same stage is the way to deal with it.

Now, if the match started and your opponent attacks you as Zelda... that's another story.
I think the Sheik main should be the one to reset it. We wouldn't know if they would want to reset or not. If we guessed that they wanted to be sheik, and let them transform... what if they didn't? OH WOW NOW IT'S OUR MISTAKE HEEEEL.

It's like "If someone used your card without your authorization then you should report to your bank within 3 days for it to be forgiven"

If you don't REPORT we (the bank) wouldn't know that you DIDN'T AUTHORIZE the PURCHASE (LOL who would purchase Zelda jk) and we'd just CHARGE (attack) you anyways then.

Violence

Smash Lord
People who call it a mistake to be punished, I really disagree with.

Mistakes in the game are anything after the "Ready... Go!"

They basically selected the wrong character.

In a tournament, too, if someone chooses Zelda, before stage striking, you have the right to make sure they're playing Sheik. If they start the game as Zelda, it's like they chose the wrong character on accident. Letting them switch is just the right thing to do.

Stevo

Smash Champion
People who call it a mistake to be punished, I really disagree with.

Mistakes in the game are anything after the "Ready... Go!"

They basically selected the wrong character.

In a tournament, too, if someone chooses Zelda, before stage striking, you have the right to make sure they're playing Sheik. If they start the game as Zelda, it's like they chose the wrong character on accident. Letting them switch is just the right thing to do.
who says you have the right to make sure they're playing Sheik? I've never heard that before.
and besides, unless you are banning Zelda's down-b, you are only finding out if they are STARTING as Sheik. If you stage strike thinking they are sheik and they go zelda, the best you will get with your supposed "right to make sure they're playing sheik" is a free hit while they are transforming.

If they pick zelda, stage strike as if they are sheik. If they go zelda, you get to tier list smack down. When was Zelda ever so great that it is required to know FOR SURE they are not STARTING the match as Zelda.

Top Bottom