• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
except theres no way to really control how good other people get or how fast they get there.
But, you *can* control how fast YOU improve as a player. Train harder, of course they're going to improve as well, you just have to train that much harder if you want to win. Nobody ever said that was an easy task, in fact far from it. Improving at such an accelerated rate can often feel impossible. Even so, it's not impossible, not if you have the will and desire to do so, I'm sure many of you already know this, just not everybody has the desire to work that hard for so little anymore. That's just what it takes if you want to win though.

Edit:
Oh, but I do agree that player skill should play no part in deciding what a generalized match-up ratio should be.
I simply feel that "for me" that's how the MUs feel. If I were to look at all of those Match-ups based on results, character capabilities, what's in the realm of the probables. Then most match-ups are very difficult for Sonic.

Life

Smash Hero
So I was wondering why /sonic/ was totally inactive but I guess it's just smashboards notifications deciding I didn't care anymore.

Huh.

Next opportunity for smash tournament for me is June (although I haven't checked the tournament boards lately)...

Life

Smash Hero
What tournament and what weekend in June? I may come.
Dunno yet. The original plan was for somebody to start up Melee monthlies at Pitt (first was April but I couldn't make it) and then add Brawl once the TO was more comfortable/if demand was there, but apparently they have some obnoxious summer rates or something like that so it's probably getting moved?

I haven't touched Smash in months though so I'm probably even worse than the last time I posted <__<

If I hear/see anything I'll probably post again anyway.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I touch Brawl once a month by this point. Then again I've been not trying like I used to. Last monthly we didn't even have a bracket. We just did a round-robin pools thing to determine rankings. So I used Luigi, Ike, Sonic, Meta Knight, and whomever else I forgot about.

When my region decides to use brackets and pools again like they should be instead of a round-robin challenge system, then I'll start trying again. I actually play BlazBlue and Guilty Gear almost every day instead. I'm still contemplating going to IMPULSE or something.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
im defintely going to impulse, is he running traddy fighters at that?

and wow, canada must love them some arc sys
... don't tease me like that. I've been deciding on Impulse still. You'll wreck me in Marvel and the like, but somebody has to represent solo-Sonic for our country (since you and Meekspeedy split Sonic with your other subs. no disrespect).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Kuraudo meant to type "mass-disrespect." I bet he grinned after hitting the post button. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Heading off to the final HOBO. Should be the best showing for Sonic you guys have seen in a while.

Espy, Zero, Tesh, Brawlman and maybe a couple of others.

I'm predicting Espy to place the highest then Brawlman then Zero then me, but who knows.

BSP

Smash Legend
Heading off to the final HOBO. Should be the best showing for Sonic you guys have seen in a while.

Espy, Zero, Tesh, Brawlman and maybe a couple of others.

I'm predicting Espy to place the highest then Brawlman then Zero then me, but who knows.
I know Brawlman got 9th, and I'm guessing that Espy didn't make it. How'd you and Zero do?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
KC I heard you got 5th at a tournament over the weekend. i also heard you timed out some ICs player. good stuff on both of those things they were both well deserved.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
thanks, although i must say its draining to time ics out but boy is it satisfying to taunt them as they run to grab you with only 2 seconds left. Though most of game 1 was us on our first stock for 4 minutes with him being sopo at 230% as i continued to run away until he decided to sd. then sakurai wanted me to trip and i died resetting the whol match. thankfully i still managed to pull out the 2-0 victory.

HOPEFULLY i can managed to go to a nj or ny tournament between now and next year. I'd like to try my hand at playing against ppl who don't know how i play for once.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Zero and I got 17th.

Zero lost to PJ and Sync IIRC.
I lost to Pwii and Brawlman.

Brawlman lost to Denti and Dakpo.

Espy/Jebus/Deox did not attend :/

I'm about 90% sure I'm never doing Sonic dittos ever again. Only way I'd do it is if I got cornered into it on a CP or double blind.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Telling you man, Sonic dittos are easily the most cancerous thing in Brawl besides, well, Brawl. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
The REALLY dumb ones are like DDD, ICs, Wario, Bowser, Sheik. Thats my top 5 dumbest dittos because it heavily comes down to landing broken lock/cg on the other guy. ICs is probably #5 and is kinda like Olimar where I feel like the core gameplay gets thrown out the window for alot of very different craziness. Considering how boring both of these characters are to watch, I'm not sure if that means the dittos is awesome or terrible... If the MK banned scene ever successfully developed I wonder how boring IC dittos could have turned out.

I played alot of mario dittos this weekend and its one of the really fun dittos imo. MK, Mario, Peach are my favorites, I feel like Lucario would be an awesoem ditto to watch, but I've never seen one that wasn't really onesided.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Then your thoughts on a Diddy ditto due to heavily coming down to landing broken naner locks, since that's not in that list?

Tesh

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say its that simple. Up B/upsmash beats bair, Fireballing beatings anti airing, Ofcourse the safer stuff like upsmashing and fireballing gives up stage control pretty fast.

Edgeguarding is alright too. Stuff like caping a cape while getting caped, fighting over the ledge with equally pathetic options and rogue Up B to beat anything on a hard read all makes it feel pretty fair and interesting.

Tesh

Smash Hero
well there is only 1 mario main here.

His bair, like everything else he does, just isn't that good. I'm pretty confident bair and fireballs just wouldn't cut it. His ditto is interesting because he doesn't have 1 thing thats overwhelmingly better than everything else.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Armor pieces aren't so silly. They clash with each other, so its not like diddy dittos where you wind up throwing items through each other all the time.

Top Bottom