• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Took me a while. Color the fringe blond, the way the image is cropped off, color the hat green and you got a hero's cap, remove the freckles and lower mane and eyelashes

And it kinda looks like Toon Link. I Guess.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Ever feel like you have 0 free time?

I feel like I have less than 0. When my true downtime is accounted for, and I have to compromise sleep time to get a bit more, I think its time to change some things.

So sleep....y....Zzzz

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sometimes you just gotta cancel some plans and just have some time to yourself.

Carl, what kind of deck did Yusei run in 5Ds anyway? I stop watching ygo half way through GX

And you live in Florida, dont you speak spanis?

True Blue

Smash Lord
He ran a Synchron Deck. Main cards were like Junk Synchron and anything similiar to that archetype. They were usually typed as Machines and Warriors.

And yea I live in Florida but I grew up in North Florida which didn't have many spanish people, if anything people spoke more oriental than spanish. And I grew up with my Dad whom is American and now I live with my Mother in Miami with nothing but spanish speaking people.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
Florida is an excellent place to learn Spanish. I picked it up much better than I did within a classroom when I was last over there, mainly due to the Puerto Rican side of my family down there that I spend most of my vacations with.

btw I now have two local friends that are getting into brawl seriously, a zss main with a pocket wario and another dude deciding between Ness or Lucas. The zss main already seems like he's getting used to competitive brawl which is great for me. The other guy, not so much lol but I'm happy that I have local friends I can practice offline with now. I'm excited, hopefully they'll want to come to tournaments with me this summer. It has been way too long since I've been to one and I miss going, even though I know I'm gonna get thrashed again lmao

Tesh

Smash Hero
nope, think about it, sonic loses to every character in high tier except marth and zss (and this may need evaluating now that ZSS metagame has reached levels like espy and X imo), where DK actually beats marth and does aight against snake and lucario

and i think they both lose horribly to mk, olimar and ics anyway

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I still think Sonic does very decently against Olimar and ICs.

But what would I know, I try to sell 2013 Sonics more than play as Sonic nowadays anyway.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yeeaaa.... I am just gonna continue playing and not worrying about some list like I normally do. To win just yell random **** like "TENGO UN GATO IN MI PANTALONES!" when you get hit or scream "Rock it like it's 1963!" when you hit them. Confuses them like crazy. And even better when you do something good just keep saying "****! I didn't want to do that! ****ING CONTROLLER!" lol

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
ANDALE ANDALE, GATO, ARRIBA ARRIBA!!@!!

el gato es mas feliz en tu pantalones

or some sort of grammatical fix since high school days.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen a DK face Snake yet so I can't say much about that. But yeah I thought we did alright against ICs and Oli, idk tho I haven't been paying much attention lately

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yea I definitely don't have an Olimar near me for the practice and the only IC's practice I get is the few times I play Esam when he is visiting families which isn't a good amount of consistent training for that matchup.
Oh did I forget to mention. I suck? lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If you play gay against Olimar, you'll be fine. Same thing goes for ICs. ..to an extent. Way more risks in that match-up. MK on the other hand? I'm in the camp of it being even or at the very worst, 60-40.

Meta Knight does not scare me. At all.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yea that is how I felt until playing a Metaknight that is nothing but patient and waits for you to do something and reacts to what punishes that option.

I think I am dying... At least on this site. lol

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
There's not really many characters that can get the lead back from MK anyways so...

But yeah, ****ING HARD!!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You dont have to be afraid of MK to still lose to him.

I feel like Im the best in the world at the pikachu matchup and I feel confident that I can beat any pika player out there. But that doesnt blind me to the fact that pikachu still has the advantage in that matchup.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
MK has the advantage against Sonic for sure, but I don't think it's any worse than 60:40, 50:50 at best.
Then again, that's how I feel about all of our "disadvantaged Match-ups", especially if we're playing the MUs the way they should be (camping and separating ICs, landcamping Olimars, baiting/zoning MKs etc; ).

Honestly, I do feel our character deserves a higher place than mid tier, we just need more results.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic is garbage, his early success was from people being unable to keep up with his movements, but other characters have gotten alot faster and safer over time and the players left have become far more patient and resistant to the MAJOR mistakes requires for sonic to score kills.

I think the typical MK playstyle is just countered by Sonic just because MKs are not used to being slow one. Any Sonic main on MK can make this matchup hellish.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
MK has the advantage against Sonic for sure, but I don't think it's any worse than 60:40, 50:50 at best.
Then again, that's how I feel about all of our "disadvantaged Match-ups", especially if we're playing the MUs the way they should be (camping and separating ICs, landcamping Olimars, baiting/zoning MKs etc; ).

Honestly, I do feel our character deserves a higher place than mid tier, we just need more results.
The problem with this mindset is that it is working with the assumption that the other guy isnt ALSO getting better at the matchup and playing correctly in the way that makes things hard for us (ICs pivot grabbing our anything, olimar out prioritizing us and making sure he doesnt get put in the air, MK nadoing all of our approaches and zoning properly with his body length sword)

Getting better and having more rep only works if youre doing it better and faster than the other guy.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Hello fellow Sonic mains... I hope all is well!!!

& WTF... We already established that Sonic is bad in Brawl.

We just make him look good.

P:M on the other hand...

:sonic:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
except theres no way to really control how good other people get or how fast they get there.

thats why get better is not a valid justification for making wide generalizing statements on matchups.

thats why " vs olimar is even if you just get REALLY good at keeping him in the air and offstage" seems like such a dumb statement.

Top Bottom