• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Hard 2 kill... hard 2 hit.... Ideal way of winning is camping....

Nope, there is no way you can convince me that there is a worse MU than Sonic Ditto's

:sonic:

Tesh

Smash Hero
WHOBO 5 has been officially announced guys. Hope to see a tremendous showing from Sonic at the last MK Banned National.​

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Lost World is definitely an interesting enough name. It's vague enough to not really hint towards anything either. I'd love to see a Sonic Adventure reboot type game, but with the success of Colors and Generations they're probably just gonna keep progressing with that style of game, which I don't really mind either. I would enjoy some kind of overworld setting though... Especially with the name Lost World.

I'd be all for more Knuckles, or even playing as a lot more of the cast in unique ways like Adventure but less tedius (I love SA2B but the Knuckles/Rouge stuff, let's be honest, it's a little tedius). Maybe if they did more of the way Adventure 1 did (minus Big the Cat) that could be cool.

EDIT: Also holy **** you can like posts now holy ****

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I loved Knuckles/Rouge levels in SA2B. A lot.

The reaction pictures in the neogaf thread killed me btw. :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I loved Knuckles/Rouge levels in SA2B. A lot.
idk dude, maybe I have to revisit. I never hated it, but I could've done without some of those levels. I think mostly the Rouge ones.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Music definitely makes up for them, imo.
And yeah, the sandbox feel they gave was so much fun. I can understand them being frustrating for the first few times, but we you start aiming for A ranks and basically know them like the back of your hard they become amazing.

Meteor Herd is particularly awesome.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I still haven't been able to A rank rouge's space stage on hard mode, that ish is like impossible.

ps. best game would be sa1s overworld and story, with sa2s stages, and ZERO playable robots. Gamma was sorta cool in sa1, i liked his story a lot. but the mechs in sa2 were god-balwls awful

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hey KID, wanna know a fun fact about the Hard Mode missions for Knuckles and Rouge?

The Master Emerald pieces are always in the same location. It's not random.

Have fun getting one step closer towards Green Hill Zone.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I thought that, but I felt like they were changing in that stage.

EDIT: NO I remember it now, It was the first mission, I Aced the 100 ring and chao finding missions but I can never get anything higher than a D on the first and time attack missions (which are essentially the same thing.) Its based on points and the only way to get enough points is to find the emeralds stupidly fast with no help from the hint computers. And with a stage as big as Mad Space, that ish was not at all doable for me.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Music definitely makes up for them, imo.
And yeah, the sandbox feel they gave was so much fun. I can understand them being frustrating for the first few times, but we you start aiming for A ranks and basically know them like the back of your hard they become amazing.

Meteor Herd is particularly awesome.
Yeah, the music is classic haha. I can understand that. I guess the only missions I ever tried to A rank across the board were Sonic and Shadow so that may just be me. City Escape is like nothing to me still, haha. A's for days.

ps. best game would be sa1s overworld and story, with sa2s stages, and ZERO playable robots. Gamma was sorta cool in sa1, i liked his story a lot. but the mechs in sa2 were god-balwls awful
mmmmm yes.
I didn't terribly mind the mechs, mostly because I thought they were funny. Spam the B button all day every day.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
actually when I say sa2 stages, I would also make them stupidly rediculously long just like sa1. remember that pyramid stage? that mess took like 8 minutes on average, with 2-3 different loading screens in the stage itself.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh wow, you're right. I totally forgot how long that level was. I didn't even mind that it was long, unlike in Sonic '06 where levels took like 20 minutes and had multiple loading screens throughout them and glitched like hell I'm just gonna stop talking about that game cuz we all know. We know.

I'm a huge fan of Speed Highway in SA1. Starts in that city area and then you run down a building and end up in a really scenic town area where you can run along the walls getting chased by cops and catapulted by a fountain. So cool.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Im looking forward to this new Sonic game. Im not really a big fan of playing with anyone aside from Sonic. Shadow & Knux would be fine.

Im excited 4 Whobo. Im hoping I can go to that & Sktar.

& I wouldnt mind a SA1 world mode as long as I get 2/3rds Sonic styl
e stages. & Id love to fight Metal Sonic again.

:sonic:

Fav Sonic stages?

Sonic&Knux Death Egg
SonicA1 Speed Highway
Green Hill
Sonic Generations Chemical Plant
SonicA2 Green Forest
Nvm just about ALL Sonic Generations stages

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
and like I said, not being afraid of him doesn't mean you aren't still going to lose to him
Personally, I'd rather play a MK any day over a Snake. I think Sonic has a better time.

Also, Sonic Lost World announced as Wii U/3DS exclusive.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

Me likey.

The next couple of Sonic games are also Nintendo exclusive, so Sonic's effectively become a 2nd Party IP for the next few years.

Speaking of

>Nintendo and SEGA announce partnership
>Mario Kart game to be revealed soon
>SumoDigital made ASRT

My god. This is a great day.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This news has me pretty excited.
No reason to buy anything besides a WiiU this gen.

At least until KH3 finally comes out.

****. :applejack:

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well i was never worried about sonic being dropped from smash. IF he were to be dropped i think sakurai would have to go out and buy a fire shield to protect him from all the flaming he'd receive from sonic fans. But the third unannounced title is either that sumo digital is working with nintendo on the new mario kart and it's going to be a sonic crossover kart racer. Or we might see SA3 being developed by nintendo and sega which makes sense considering both SADX and SA2B were released for GC shortly after they were released for dreamcast.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If Nintendo has SEGA and Platinum games on lockdown I don't care how "weak" the Wii U is. Sonic games are trash 90% of the time, but I liked all stars racing and I (like every other sonic fan) have hope.

Also Sonic is guaranteed to be in smash. There isn't a single other character that could bring more fanboys to Nintendo and sell consoles. Sonic in brawl sold me this wii.

Tesh

Smash Hero
They are just stupid run and jump games. Back when you only had 2-3 buttons that was okay, but Sonic games very much garbage now.

Mario has evolved beautifully over the years, but Sonic never did.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
http://news.yahoo.com/sonic-hedgehog-vid-games-coming-nintendo-144202899.html

"With 'Sonic Lost World,' we're going to introduce new gameplay and enemies, which is always fun," said John Cheng, president and chief financial officer of Sega of America Inc. "In terms of Sonic and his friends, he'll have his same friends there, and I think there'll be some new ones as well. It's not a reiteration. It's going to be all new."
And cue the ****storm over friends and the like. New gameplay though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic games needs some ****ing combat. I actually had some fun in SSE with sonic compared to his other games. Why can't he be fast, roll around AND do other stuff?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its probably just not my type of game I'll admit, but it seems like the least developed platformer out there. Its bare bones at twice the speed which isn't very impressive anymore.

I wanna play as Sonic dodging around his enemies, punching and kicking and using some actual attacks besides *roll into a ball to win*. I don't see why it can't be a good game that plays fast instead of just a bad fast game.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I didn't play the original DMC games. It doesn't look fast though. The new one was definitely a button masher.

I'm thinking more like bayonetta with a stronger emphasis on speed segments. Bayonetta has combat (enemies actually block stuff and fight together), but she can also turn into a cat (or something) and run around really fast when you double tap dodge. Well timed dodges let you slow time and this kind of feature goes well with a "fastest thing alive" character. The flash does this in injustice.

The speed stuff wouldn't be so bad if the level design had any complexity.

Top Bottom