• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

True Blue

Smash Lord
@True Blue- did you ever respond to my request about being in Gainseville on Monday, the 16th through Monday, the 23rd? Let's get some games in...

:phone:
Gonna reply to this now cause I just saw this and seems important lol. But totally will be in Gainesville from that time period and will actually be leaving back to Miami same time as you leave. So we can definitely play some games. I will PM you my number and stuff so we can be in touch. Where are you staying at in Gainesville?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Trela vs Mekos on SKTAR stream. Time to see if Lucas would be a viable option here.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Mekos did fine in game two, honestly.

BSP, are you implying that there are only two drives to playing the game? :applejack:

BSP

Smash Legend
Mekos did fine in game two, honestly.

BSP, are you implying that there are only two drives to playing the game? :applejack:
I guess I am. I understand there are more, but I don't see the point in limiting yourself so much. Why? ._.

And what saurez said. Is the hard way even fun?

BSP

Smash Legend
Slush, you go MK or oli v someone good without actually putting effort towards them, you get *****

Espy, what exactly do you mean by "romance"?

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm serious though, because he's implying that whatever he's going for, he can't get it with a good character

Life

Smash Hero
Maybe this explains it better:

-Which bad character do you play? - Ganon

-Do you think your character is bad? - I most definitely do.

-How did you come about to playing this character? - Just liked how he played.

-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? - A few reasons. I've always felt that winning isn't as important as feeling like you genuinely outplayed someone, or in other words, I get satisfaction from winning, yeah, but I get the most satisfaction from feeling like I made a lot from a little. Secondly, because Ganon's just too fun to terrorize people with.

-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? - N/A (AND PROUD, DAMN IT ALL)

-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you? - Nah. I'm very happy and proud of my choices and obstinance.

-Feel free to add anything to this - It all depends on what you put stock into. If you want people to fear you and want to win, you may be someone who puts a lot of value into an image or status (though there are obviously exceptions). I've found that most LT/MT mains just love their character and feel alike to me, in that which validation comes from a personal assessment of performance given underwhelming options rather than the assessment of another. I think if a person lacks the faith to succeed to a level that they're content with as a LT/MT, then it's not the character that's the problem, rather, a fundamental weakness in one's attitude.
I mean, this is the Ganon version, but there you go.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Sounds about right. The same way I feel whenever I play as Sonic against people. Except instead of terrorizing people I like people leaving my matches drained and feeling the need to come up to me and saying Sonic is a cheap character lol.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My drive to play Sonic is based upon actually wanting to win and prove that anything is possible with enough hard work. My method is that I'm not playing based upon how talented I am, but by single-mindedly refining what I know.

BSP

Smash Legend
Assuming I'm not being trolled, I still fail to see how none of that can be found with a good character...

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
MY DRIVE to use sonic is..... well... hmmm probably cuz i just am a fanboy and the fact that he feels so natural to me. Plus it's satisfying to achieve some sort of success whether it be by winning one match or a tourney using sonic when he's constantly looked down upon by players.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Have fun dealing with Aura while getting CGed and gimped.

Espy you should pick up Snake. You get the satisfaction of being a clever badass without having to use a horrible character.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
BSP, do you even think about it before you post?
I really, REALLY don't want to spell it all out for you. You should be smart enough to figure it out. :applejack:

Life

Smash Hero
Not seeing the SuCom in that post. We've been spelling out reasons why someone would play a mid-tier character for a little while now.

(Actually, I kinda see it now, I just wanted to say "SuCom" because I think it sounds funny.)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's less of me thinking I'm better, and more of me putting faith into BSP's critical thinking. :applejack:

Top Bottom