• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Was using :sonic: a lot yesterday at Xanadu. Started to realize how I was doing things wrong in the :olimar: matchup. Logic kept shielding so I eventually did asc down b into him and grabbed for it or jump footstooled.

I love footstools :). Shadofiend style~!

@Espy: I did the thing you were talking about on aim with running side b cancel to grab extremely fast. Worked like a charm. Much safer then :sonic:'s dash grab. It doesn't make sense how a fast character can have a slow dash grab looool.

I need tips vs :zerosuitsamus:. How do I approach? Spinshot>Bairs till it works?

:018:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Was using :sonic: a lot yesterday at Xanadu. Started to realize how I was doing things wrong in the :olimar: matchup. Logic kept shielding so I eventually did asc down b into him and grabbed for it or jump footstooled.

@Espy: I did the thing you were talking about on aim with running side b cancel to grab extremely fast. Worked like a charm. Much safer then :sonic:'s dash grab. It doesn't make sense how a fast character can have a slow dash grab looool.

I need tips vs :zerosuitsamus:. How do I approach? Spinshot>Bairs till it works?

Truthfully, if you bumrush blondie, you shouldn't have a problem. I literally play that match-up as aggro as possible. Same with Pit. You've played my Sonic vs Pit before.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So True Blue and me are chillin' at my brother's apartment. This guy slaps the **** out of my bro's puppy. How heartless this guy is....

:sonic:

:phone:

Edit: Him laughing like a madman...

And the results....
To come shortly after my phone stops acting ********....

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Seagull, here's a golden rule:
Never dash grab. Ever.

Unless you wanna do something stupid like me. SideB mid range, cancel it into running right into them with a grab. It works surprisingly well. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero

I'm fairly experienced in this matchup, but I haven't played a top level ZSS yet, so who knows. I don't think nonstop aggro is best for ZSS. You have to keep in mind that if she catches you being even a little bit greedy you can take 20-40 damage very easily or die at some dumb percent like 90-110.

Spindash goes under uncharged blaster shots, but if its even slightly charged, the blaster shot with stop spindash or more than likely WIN and you get get dsmashed, dash attacked or grabbed. For this reason I really like lylat, halberd, yoshi's island and frigate (2nd transformation) vs ZSS. If the ground isn't perfectly straight, you can get past blaster shots very very easily. If you and your opponent both understand this, it pretty much lets you have your pick of BF/SV/FD for game 1 (unless ps1 is on instead of lylat).

Otherwise, a well timed side B still goes through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPXavhAF5iY

Not high level play, but it might give you some ideas about avoiding bull****. Because I don't make reads I just wait to punish stuff and camp and avoid bull****. One thing I'm pretty decent at is gimping that stupid Down B. Its a bit difficult to punish (because our aerials are so slow), but there are times when you can really corner and just wait for it and ledgehop bair and gimp.

I wouldn't even recommend approaching. She is horrible at camping and if you have the lead or aren't down by much I would just wait for her to screw up if the suit pieces are gone.

Her ledge getup attack has ridiculous range so don't ever think you can outspace it no matter how obvious it is.

Close range is dumb because her jab doesn't link properly and neither does ours. Watch our for SHUair OoS, Sonic is definitely tall enough to get hit by it unless you are doing something like dash attack or dtilt.

If you Spindash her shield, I strongly recommend you keep rolling on the ground if there is space behind her. Even if you don't immediately get punished for jump cancelling, its horrible to be int he air vs ZSS.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
All that stuff Tesh said.

You can jab through her jab combo btw.

Your best throws in that MU are Fthrow and UThrow. She's really bad at landing and Sonic camps landings hard as f.

If she's offstage, just scary face the s out of her. Like going offstage and getting in her face typically keeps her from recovering well because if she tries to fend you off, she just puts herself in a dumb spot.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So I was watchin vids & I realized something...

HOW DA **** DO YOU GRAB THE LEDGE WHILE RUNNING FULL SPEED @ IT!?!

I hafta stop at the ledge and THEN quick grab it

:sonic:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
When I get near the ledge, I move the control stick in a half circle motion starting from (assuming you're running off of the right-side ledge) 3 o'clock and ending around 9 o'clock. :applejack:

EDIT: Wait, I'm dumb:

Assuming you're running to the right side ledge:

:stick6: > :stick3: > :stick2: > :stick1: > :stick4:

It'll work so long as your stick ends between the last two inputs.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I'm a master vs Zss.

protip 1. Pick MK

protip 2. Limit them through stage counterpicking for game 3 (if it goes to game 3, you'll have frigate/MK, or YI/Sonic. Pick your poison kinda deal.)

protip 3. don't airdodge

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
I'm a master vs Zss.

protip 1. Pick MK

protip 2. Limit them through stage counterpicking for game 3 (if it goes to game 3, you'll have frigate/MK, or YI/Sonic. Pick your poison kinda deal.)

protip 3. don't airdodge
Ight, I got dis.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I nvr bothered with Brotherhood, I was told it canonically added nothing, just trimmed out much of the excess filler. Then I later heard something different with the humocili ? Worth watching or naw?

:phone:

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Yea Brotherhood is definitely worth watching as it's based entirely on the manga that it started from. Why the first series they animated strayed away from the main plot I'll never know but imo brotherhood was executed far better than the other series and had a much more impacting and stronger ending. The ending to brotherhood left me wanting more and feeling sad it ended, while the other series left me saying "what the ***, how did that happen?".

Life

Smash Hero
The first anime ended up overtaking the manga, and its creators were given the go-ahead to take the story in a different direction than the manga took. Brotherhood is a direct adaptation of the manga done after the manga was completed.

I was watching the first one, I'll get around to Brotherhood later. Can't reasonably compare them until then though.

Top Bottom