• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Toonami = WIN

Espy = Smart man plz get better

No1 who has Sonic + another character mains Sonic

See:
X altis
S hugo
K ai
M alcolm

:sonic:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I play two characters alongside Sonic, but said characters are Yoshi and Jigglypuff. Dunno if I would still be considered a Sonic main then.

B_AWAL

Smash Master

Unless you're doing it to avoid namesearches, why is there a space inbetween their name?
None of those guys MAIN Sonic but have him next to their name alongside another character.

Any1 mind giving me advice on the Pikachu MU???

I've been watching KID vs ESAM vids and Espy vs Kprime vids OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

O and Peach

:phone:

Life

Smash Hero
I play Sonic, and apparently I have a pocket Lucario (the only matchup for which I've needed him so far is Peach [I still can't beat Olimar with either of them]) (I say "apparently" because I just kind of randomly picked him up at the last tournament I went to and wrecked a Peach that had two-stocked my Sonic earlier, I don't practice with him), and apparently everyone here hates me now, but this sentence is too long so I'm going to shut up now.

But I'm a Sonic main.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dont make excuses, you asked a question and we answered it.

also, i most definitely counterpick lucarios and some MKs with Fox, but I am still most definitely a sonic main.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Well I main Sonic and have Lucario as a Secondary and Lucas for low tiers, but in tournaments I stay Sonic all the way. Wouldn't feel right if I switched lol.

ESPY GET BETTER!

Going to a tournament this Saturday!!

BSP

Smash Legend
but his grab range is bad.....
Compared to Mario and Luigi, it feels godlike :/ Sonic's grab range really isn't that bad.

I'll call myself a Sonic main, but I'm so fickle that it doesn't mean much lol. I can still pull out Luigi and Mario from time to time.

Tesh

Smash Hero
And Falco.

His grab range is bad, but his speed does a great deal to make up for it. The type of nonsense I can't grab people out of with Wario is just a real pain sometimes. But everyone else I play dashes pretty fast so I guess I'm not used to it (Sheik/Falcon/MK).

BSP

Smash Legend
Maybe I don't play Wario enough, but I actually love his grab range. He has the sense to reach forward unlike 90% of the characters in this game.

And his throws are nice too. 13% fresh Fthrow, 10% and setup for Uthrow, Bthrow for offstage, and Dthrow for mindgames. I love :wario:'s throws lol.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
That feeling when you manage to get a delayed pivot grab with Sonic.

Feels so good.

Also, Jigglypuff's Dthrow is the best in the game.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Dthrow kind of sucks against people you can't CG. If you guess/read wrong they can hit you back pretty easily. Upthrow is like Sonic's where you can follow up really easily at low percents, and Fthrow gives you a late killing throw if you can grab at the edge. Bthrow is nothing special, but no one really gets more than 2 good throws anyway. Overall his throws are no better than Ganondorf's, and just like Ganondorf, its difficult to actually shieldgrab something.

Ofcourse I recently learned that reaching forward isn't always a sensible thing to do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RnSVMgkBTM

Notice how I wind up like 90% behind my opponent when I grab, but he sits his fat *** back in range to get hit when he misses.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Any1 mind giving me advice on the Pikachu MU???

O and Peach

It's basically like playing a Sonic mirror.

The difference is he has: a chain-grab and a projectile. Two of them, actually. The jolt should be easily dealt with. The Bolt... not so much. Goggles has made it very clear, but just in case you haven't heard his advice, don't follow conventional means of momentum-canceling.

Once you get past that point in recovery, it should be standard play. Careful of being punished for your landing and being put in the same situation again.

As for Peach, just don't be stupid and run into her stilettos. If you go in for an attack: make it quick, snappy, and GTFO ASAP. If you stay in too long, she'll eventually win because her attacks have somewhat decent priority over Sonic, and those multi-hit properties just help her. Notice that I said "somewhat" earlier; if you play defensively/force her to approach you, you'll have an easier time. You can always throw Bairs since they'll, at worst, usually trade with her offensive approaches. This is fine at least until a pattern is found. What you want to do is figure out hers, and avoid falling into one yourself.

I can't tell you that last part enough. I can recall so many instances where I've just Spinshot over Peach, where they were expecting an ASC approach, they try to hard-punish and USmash me preemptively; and I've had enough time to hit them with a Bair to the face... Sometimes if I'm quick/lucky/they're really slow to react, a good ol' Pawnch can happen too!

Good luck.

:093:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Trublu! Win on sat in orlando!

Ill hold it down in Jax!

And then next weekend in Miami :)

Sonics run FL!!!

Will do! Take control of Jacksonville!
Gotta get ready haven't played in a while. Have been playing too many friendlies which has gotten me careless and reckless where I do whatever cause there isn't anything on the line. Have to get my mind set for the tournament so I don't get too careless or reckless lol.
There may be a livestream for the tournament. Will try to throw a link up here incase anyone would want to see whats going on.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
alright Kinzer looks like ill be seeing you saturday if your going?
we need to MM again
my powers have doubled since the last time we fought hopefully so have yours :D

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
alright Kinzer looks like ill be seeing you saturday if your going?
we need to MM again
my powers have doubled since the last time we fought hopefully so have yours :D
Oh, of course I'm going!

Alright, I'll fancy that MM.

... If I actually have any to spare then. ._.

D'oh that reminds me, I need to take care of some things tomorrow. If not, I guess I can just go see a movie.

... By myself. ;_;

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... I will proceed to fucking **** you, anally, hard, and with no lubrication Saturday.

Prepare your anus, you SoaB. I may even go so far as to beat you in a drunken rage too, lacerations and goop, ALL, OVER! >:X

censor-dodge, **** the police.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
As an addendum to Kinzer's wall on vs. Pikachu:

-Avoid being directly above Pikachu as much as possible. Uair juggles beat your everything, and it's incredibly difficult to land with his option coverage.
-If you're any less of a distance than about...half a Final Destination away and they jump to jolt, that's an action queue to dash straight in and punish. Fair and bair both beat the jolt and continue their attack animation, so you can use it to your advantage to hit him out of the jolt release.
-It's difficult to do because of his QA, but your land camping game is just as strong as his with otherwise. Some Pikachus have a habit of tossing out dair in hopes that you forget it hits once in the air, and sends out another hit on landing. Use that and punish the lag appropriately.

Also, in case people don't know or exercise this:

Shield > Fsmash/Grab is possible on Pika's dsmash, fsmash, and thunder. If you see a thunder that you can avoid, or that you think you can get to and shield before it lands on him, then I implore that you give it a shot. It's worth it to kill him around that time since those moves leave him incredibly open.

Oh, and utilize the control you have on downB and sideB when recovering. Remember that you can pull back in case they try something like thunder.

Oh, and bair will trade with thunder off stage if you space it right. It's good if you want to swap roles with him if he does it while you're recovering, particularly if you manage to spin under his thunder and he's stuck in the part of the animation where it touches his body. :applejack:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@Kinzer & Espy (& Kid) thank you! I only learn thru watching vids and reading stuff u guys say. I lost 2 ipresea in feb n just want 2 prepare. & Fox n Peach have always been bad MUs 4 me.

@Tru jus text me the info n ill do what I can!

Edit

Damn I ain't even know there was so much 2 it!

True Blue

Smash Lord
A lot of that is stuff you can learn from experience too. But I had a friend that played Pikachu here and learned a lot of that stuff from playing him. Same thing with the Fox and Peach match up.
Though don't know what was said about Peach already besides the stuff Kinzer said but some more info to know is that when a Peach is floating and using DAir on your shield you can jump and UpAir or do UpTilt. Though that will only work if the Peach is going to go for another DAir, because the second DAir comes out slow but they could do NAir right after the DAir which comes out faster than if they did a second DAir.

Though if I am wrong about anything I say just call me out on it lol.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The only Pikachu experience I have is online with a PA Pika. A while back we used to run even, typically always going for last stock, and it was all fun.

Then two weeks ago, he learned how to uptilt and Uair right.

My face went from :) to :( in nothing flat.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ill probably be getting second to san at my monthly tomorrow.

I didnt enter singles last month because I was running the tournament and didnt want to over work myself.

but this time im skipping doubles and doing singles in both games.

time to show these youngins whats good with the OGs.

and I kinda dont want to help awal, now... like... ipresea is my girl, and I dont know if I want to help somebody beat her lol.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
TommyGreenShirt tho :troll:. lol speaking of him, does he still play at all?

True Blue

Smash Lord
No live stream where I am at, sad face. Lol. Wii doesn't want to show picture lol. Though doing well in singles but have to play a didst which I don't have a lot of experience. Or more so I should say is that I don't know the better options I should be taking. My item control is terrible. Lol

BSP

Smash Legend
I just got back from a smashfest today and I felt good with using Sonic once again. I'm realizing that I can't too big of a break from him in this game or I lose everything really fast :ohwell:

Edit: also, feeling a good bit more confident about the MK MU now. :sonic: is so much better at fighting him than :mario2: or :luigi2:

Top Bottom