• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

BSP

Smash Legend
I got dead last tesh

I took a game off Nike but he brought it back, then I lost to Bio 2-0.

No big deal though. I need to play with the people in la who are slightly better than me ATM then I'll do better.

:phone:

Nike.

Smash Hero
I got dead last tesh

I took a game off Nike but he brought it back, then I lost to Bio 2-0.

No big deal though. I need to play with the people in la who are slightly better than me ATM then I'll do better.

ANOTHER Sonic to add to my trophy collection.

You did very well, btw. Last time I had that much trouble with Sonic (outside of Espy lol) was Kuraudo back at WHOBO.
If you lived in TX, I'd say you were second best after Espy, def above the others.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Dang thats a raw deal. They were doing seeding based on points from the previous Lone star circuit events. It can be pretty rough for any OoC players because of that. Tournament was pretty stacked, even though so many top players cancelled on short notice. Bio is pretty impressive when he knows the matchup, so running into him your first round in loser's bracket can be pretty surprising.

Sucked how there were like 7 usable setups despite there being like 12 TVs there. After attending 2 lone star events in other cities, I'm pretty disappointed in the venue being so small (and still more expensive than the others). I only wound up doing 7 of my money matches and I didn't get a chance to play jnig and you. I feel especially bad for the people that crammed into carpools for hours to get here only to be crammed into an extremely small room unable to play and for the most part unable to even watch. I hope you guys would still be willing to come back to Houston tournaments though, I haven't seen Louisiana here since last year.

@ Nike, watching BSP play at Sync's, I had hoped he would be able to beat you, but he got closer than Zero and I have recently.

edit: i found the only set in which I used Sonic if anyone wants to see, i think this is espy in the first 20ish minutes of the video. http://www.twitch.tv/rockettrainer/b/294744404

my set is from 22:40 -48:20

I'm pretty convinced now that Delfino is an amazing timeout stage for Sonic. I don't understand what to do when I have to chase toon link though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You have a Doug avatar, so you're ok with me.

May have a tournament at OU this weekend, but it would just be filled with randoms I'm betting. I hope there's cash prizes involved.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'd be compelled to use Scrub Snake if I didn't get sudden impulses to just get in the air and start nairing or dairing.

I really like being in the air in this game. I'll space people with DDD's Nair if I'm facing them, screw grabbing them. Hell, I space with Zelda LKs and Ganon Bair.

It makes me wonder why I haven't caved in and mained Wario.

BSP

Smash Legend
I wonder why I haven't gone to wario yet either

He can do everything mario and luigi can, except better

That set Tesh posted looks exactly like Me vs. Hyro. What are we supposed to do? T_T

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
BSP what did you place?
Espy got 13th
I got 17th. :/
Zero got 25th I think

out of 48 i think

I wanted to watch Bio vs Espy and Bio vs you, but those matches happened off in that corner setup and I couldn't get to it at all.

MK vs Sonic is lulz.
to be accurate, according to the results thread you also got 25th... =/

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Nike get outta here, you don't main Sonic. =P

On another note, I wish I could give advice on the TL MU, I'd like to think I'm pretty decent at the MU, but tbh, I've only managed to beat ALSM's TL in friendlies (they're just friendlies), and I've gotten mixed results from playing WiFi TLs.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh, I asked Sync at the venue and he told me I got 17th I thought. I assumed I got a bye. Either way, no points, no pride. Bracket was.....very easy and then very hard. The only tournament set where I went Sonic was the only fun one. I went MK vs these 2 falcos I'd never heard of and I remember there being salt from at least 1 of em. I was hoping I would run into someone I would want to play Sonic against.

@ toon link, matchup is so much easier when he has to chase you. Not even like how snake or falco are sort of easier when you have the lead. I have no idea how to reliably get in and get things done. If you look at my set, there were stretches of time where I couldn't touch him and he was just trolling me.

Life

Smash Hero
Thanks for your concern. Turned out to be something relatively minor, all will be well in a matter of days provided nothing new crops up.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's good.

It's still best to have everything looked at. Don't want to let any one tiny thing grow into a big problem later on.

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6fbO6B6vfI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Bh2FGB_D4

I had a friendly MM with Zero at HOBO 33. I never really put much effort into understanding the ditto much before, but I did happen to learn a couple of things.

1- I always aim my ASCs at my opponent's head and I miss if my opponent also decides to spindash cuz of the ducking.
2-Fair is dangerously easy to SDI. How should I be properly using Fair to avoid being punished on hit? Characters like MK or Falco can do some really nasty stuff for free if they get hit by fair.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
I wonder why I haven't gone to wario yet either

He can do everything mario and luigi can, except better

That set Tesh posted looks exactly like Me vs. Hyro. What are we supposed to do? T_T
nah me vs you the night before looked like you vs hyro.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
ah Nair: the move no one expects to get killed by, nor kill with. I remember winning a set a couple weeks back using Nair jumped off timed a nice Nair on them at like 146% and they were just like "wow i didn't think that move would kill"

Tesh

Smash Hero
That might be a good mixup for people ready to SDI fair. I usually SDI down for the free Uair combos (if im MK).

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
well, it's easy and mindless to combo out of a Spin Dash/Charge with, and it's definitely scoring max damage all the time (barring it being staled).

nair would be underrated if its priority didn't completely suck.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I should probably just....combo my spindash jumps into spring-dair. Thats a meaty combo and AC dairs are great for combos. Trouble is as percents rise, you aren't gonna be above your opponent after a spindash hits.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^^ i guess nair is useful in situations where you could punish with anything you want.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I find myself using FFNairs and SHNairs when I want to make some type of "pressure" with no fear of lag; Fair obviously can't get the job done, and Nair's Frame 5 hitbox is neat compared to Bair's Frame 12.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Oreo, why you mocking emoSpeed bro?

Top Bottom