• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Life

Smash Hero
"The 3DS was nearly ours when that loathsome servant of the FPS snatched her away. Do you have any idea how that made me feel inside? Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger!"

--Ghirahim, on 3DS getting a second circle pad

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I dunno how to feel about the second circle pad, since I don't own a 3DS atm, but I feel like all the news is being exacerbated by everyone for the sake of just exacerbating something, and not based on something really concrete.

B_AWAL

Smash Master

All my money. All of it.

Or at least 80 dollars, including shipping charges since SEGA kindly denied the US this and as such I need to import it.
I agree 100%

Good thing I have a friend studying abroad :-)

Although I'm buying a XBOX 360 or a PS3... which 1 shud I get???

:sonic:

My lil pony 16bit is 2 gud

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I may be a tool... but I'm a happy tool that just wants it because it just so happens 2 be there...

Like a good looking woman who is STD free but has a bad personality...

Ur not gonna want a relationship with her but U WILL have SEX with her... JUST BECUZ

:sonic:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I feel like 3DS should get two more trigger (top) buttons before it gets another circle pad.

But, you know... I don't like FPS's.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Already voted last night. I voted Pro-ban.

I'm anxious to see where Diddy Kong and DDD go without MK around, as those two seem to be the main points of contention.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I really hope it counts for something this time.
It'd be mighty nice to not have to hear the same sound effects at every single tournament.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Already voted last night. I voted Pro-ban.

I'm anxious to see where Diddy Kong and DDD go without MK around, as those two seem to be the main points of contention.
And Marth... the guy who secretly supposedly has no bad matchups if MK gets banned.

Personally, I think there may be some random "mid-tiers" that jump out the hat and become real interesting in the tourney scene if MK gets banned (Pikachu, Olimar, and Peach come to my mind without knowing how they do against other characters...). Tier list may make some crazy shifts all round if MK gets banned, since the list is pretty much, "Who does well against MK and how well they do against characters that may do well against MK."

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pikachu and Olimar aren't mid tier.
And they both probably get more difficult anyways, since we'll be seeing more Falcos for Olimar, and more Diddy Kongs for Pikachu.

But it's too hard to tell because of the sheer number of characters there are to choose from in a MKless meta.

Toon Link'll probably see more spotlight.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
welp. there goes my ignorance exposed.

totally forgot about toon link... he reminds me of an onstage pit that can kill (better than pit, anyway) (or am I wrong about that?)

Good thing MK's gonna be "legal" for Apex, cause it's obvious without him as a player I'd be trash, right?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Toon Link still can't kill worth a damn. It's like Sonic, where we can theoretically KO at 120%, but it's just not gonna happen often enough to put it under heavy consideration.

Tesh

Smash Hero
We will see how Marth does. He is supposed to be just a weaker version of MK which is the explanation for why all the best Marths eventually go MK. I still think he is borderline mid tier though just like DDD. Just because he beats Snake doesn't mean he is amazing.

:metaknight:
?

I'm still excited to finally start using MK in tournament though. Hopefully it isn't a crushing failure. I actually really suck as properly cancelling nado and drill rush. I always feel a little....dirty... when I realize every situation where I might punish an airdodge with a rising bair or fair, I can do a 19 damage nair or uair string for 30-50 damage or shuttle loop to kill at like 80 (or set up for an easy gimp lower).

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I am the bone of my sword

Speed is my body and wind is my blood

I have collected over a thousand rings

Unaware of loss, nor aware of reason

Withstood pain to collect seven emeralds

I have no regrets. I’ve got my own way

So as I race…

UNLIMITED RING WORKS!

--

aaand back to the abyss of lurking I go

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm on the fence as to which of these two chars to use for mid tiers, it's either Sonic or Sheik (I've been an addict to speed lately). I feel I gel w/ sheik's moveset more, but I could definitely do with some of those cool fake-outs Sonic has.

Tesh

Smash Hero
if its for mid tiers, i'd say go sheik since alot of people will use fox and wolf for an event like that.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Phil, everyone feels like they gel with Sheik because her moves naturally string together.
She's just incredibly combo friendly.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
That's true, although I feel I get her best game strat, which is similar to sonic's (don't get hit while looking for whiffs/bad reactions or habits). Then again, lots of characters could benefit from that strat, but you know what I mean.

But at the same time, there was this one pic I remember, where by the time the announcer said "Go!", Sonic was like 3/4's across the stage, I had to admit that was pretty insane as a testament to his raw speed.

if its for mid tiers, i'd say go sheik since alot of people will use fox and wolf for an event like that.
True true, I originally picked up sheik because I didn't want to play Fox as Lucario, and she had a pretty decent MU v. snake (even though ftilt lock doesn't truly work on him b/c of grenades). btw, how is Sonic v. Fox?

Tesh

Smash Hero
*finds pic*

Sonic vs Fox is a bit of an advantage to Fox I'd say. He has a stronger close range game, strong high damage punishers in the air and can really punish any carelessness with an early kill. You have to make sure you can really gimp him or its a tough matchup.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
*finds pic*

Sonic vs Fox is a bit of an advantage to Fox I'd say. He has a stronger close range game, strong high damage punishers in the air and can really punish any carelessness with an early kill. You have to make sure you can really gimp him or its a tough matchup.
Back to Brawl discussion? Awesome.

Sonic vs Fox depends, basically, on whether you can grab release near the ledge, and then edgeguard from there.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... Welp, I'm glad I finished my Sociology homework just in time.

I could do some reading, but eh. I'm hungry.

Maybe I'll do some reading studying after all this. I just woke up, so I'll have lots of free time on hand.

:093:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Yeah, Tesh. I didn't get a big enough paycheck two weeks ago to be able to set aside enough money for this event. I needed the money for food and stuff.

Maybe next time. Maybe a DMT or a Phase.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Thing is, Sonic's max speed is faster in Sonic Labyrinth than it is in non-Mach rounds of Sonic 0****.

Tesh

Smash Hero
just got back from a tournament, won't be posting the results but iono.... this game :/

:metaknight:

Tesh

Smash Hero
BSP what did you place?
Espy got 13th
I got 17th. :/
Zero got 25th I think

out of 48 i think

I wanted to watch Bio vs Espy and Bio vs you, but those matches happened off in that corner setup and I couldn't get to it at all.

MK vs Sonic is lulz.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Chozo started going MK on me in Smashfests in an attempt to get me rusty in the GW matchup. Methinks he should stick with MK if his SH Fairs are going to shut me down as handily as they are right now.

Tesh

Smash Hero
lol fair, my MK doesn't even do that. I just dair and nado, ffnair if im after big damage and combos.

fair is no fun though.

he is probably going mk just to go mk though. its definitely worth it lol.

Top Bottom