• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
One moment, please...

VHAT EEZ DEES TAWK ABOUT AVATAHS

Seriously, though. Sonic is just plain amazing in Brawl-. Super speed, faster combos, even more power to his attacks - you name it! He's got it all.

But vBrawl Sonic isn't bad, either.

i1337

Smash Ace
to be honest i'm only ever there to talk to kita/nl/malcolm/sm5/tko/sl. I don't have my yt on unless malcolm is broadcasting brawl videos.

It used to be i'd go to the sonic xat to see what everyone's up to and talk, and its keyboard cat, brawl vids, some random funny failblog clip, interior crocodile alligator and rap chop, and idk what happened.

Now it's just i open yt and its some disgusting video or w/e...and its pretty much tournament talk or a boring chat, with i1337 always membered or modded and everyone is on skype, and the chat is either full of randoms or wifi'ers, or farmville.

Wtf happened

edit: How come nobody likes to try chatango?
:103::142:

Life

Smash Hero
Happy birthday to the relevant people and all that.

Progress in Zelda II is slow but steady. I have Reflect now, and 6-7 game-overs on my counter.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Happy birthday Sonics btw. I didn't know you guys shared a birthyday...

BSP, serious Bo3 for best Louisiana Sonic?

BSP

Smash Legend
Happy birthday Sonics btw. I didn't know you guys shared a birthyday...

BSP, serious Bo3 for best Louisiana Sonic?
You don't live in Louisiana T_T

And that title's a toss up between me and brawlman1000. I have to prove my Sonic more before I can just claim it. Not that I care about being the bestest anyways.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh damn, Cloud and Espy share the same birthday?

Welp, that's easier to remember for future reference I suppose.

Happy Birfday Cloud.

:093:

BSP

Smash Legend
Would anyone still play MK without any specials?

I know his normals are really good too, but that's a pretty large nerf...At least Sonic vs MK would take a large step towards our favor.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
That actually makes his recovery pretty limited, or at the very least very predictable and streamlined, and this is MK. He'll be forced to use his Glide 80% of the time since his air speed isn't letting him come back with just his jumps, and everything clashes with that thing. If he's hit out of his glide, of if he's spiked, gg stock.

It's like a combination of Kirby and Jigglypuff; having Jiggles's susceptibility to not come back after a spike, combined with Kirby's sluggish air speed to pour salt in the wound.

As for using them offensively, SL is no longer a threat, so that's a plus, I guess, lol

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
"If Marth jumps to avoid the lava in Brinstar, he's at a disadvantage because the opponent is below him."

I died upon seeing that.
I wish someone would ban him from the internet. It still amazes me how he places in the ranks of MikeHAZE, Tyrant, Larry and co.

I think he needs Anti/Nairo/M2K to deliver the D that he is so desperately missing. I don't think I've seen MKs **** Diddy so hard in my life and I've watched Springfield, OH **** some Diddy Kong.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Hmmm... let's see...

Happy Birthday Kurado!

Kinzer, that's an interesting outlook on your situation.

lol @ black people getting mad at the phrase "You mad bro?" (i'm black, for those not in the know, so I can laugh at it. but then again, I don't care if other races laugh at it... it's laughable, at worst) It's not like the sign said something like "Bow to you master," or something like that...

tesh is too good. Managed to get 6 pages worth of response from that crap.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If it said "Bow to your master"

That would have been such epic win. ...well, obviously if it was supposed to be in a racist light, then that'd suck. But it's so cheesy otherwise.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
[collapse="moar after-dark naughty fun"]

Complete with suggestive vocabulary probably not suited for smashboards but hey I've seen mods do it so wynaut?

KinzertheBrawler 1:10 am
Hi bot.

wildflower4u423 1:10 am
hey is this lindsey?? its rachel

No, this is not Lindsey.

wildflower4u423 1:10 am
lindsey!! thats you right? its rachel whats up!?

I'm sorry, but it's not Lindsey...

wildflower4u423 1:11 am
oh hi, my bad sorry, must be the wrong person lol, whats your name then

KinzertheBrawler 1:11 am
You can call me daddy.

wildflower4u423 1:11 am
ahh cool cool, rachel here lol

KinzertheBrawler 1:11 am
Although now that you mention it, Lindsey is a nice name.

wildflower4u423 1:12 am
hey you got a sec to tell me if this works or not? i just got this new laptop and im trying to upload some new pics, and i can’t tell if its working or not

KinzertheBrawler 1:12 am
Well no, I don't have too much time actually, I'm suppose to go to bed so I can wake up early and go to class in the early afternoon.

wildflower4u423 1:12 am
ok here, tell me if you can see them… *insert worm-infested URL here.*
KinzertheBrawler 1:13 am
I don't want to click that link, I know what it has.

wildflower4u423 1:13 am
so im like super bored,i dunno if you are, do you wanna chat and have some fun.. do you cam at all? i wanna use this new webcam on the laptop lol

KinzertheBrawler 1:14 am
I am bored, but at the same time I should not be awake either. I wouldn't mind talking for a bit, and no I don't have a webcam. That's neat I guess.

wildflower4u423 1:14 am
ok well if not you can just watch if you want, don’t matter if u have 1 or not

KinzertheBrawler 1:14 am
Perfect!

wildflower4u423 1:15 am
Ok, here go to *insert worm-infested URL here.* and click on “Join Free” at the top to accept my free invitation i sent you, you should see me when it loads…

KinzertheBrawler 1:15 am
... But I don't want to go to that URL, I know it has trackers at least, possibly worms too. :<

wildflower4u423 1:15 am
you in yet?? everything should be free since i sent you a free invite

KinzertheBrawler 1:16 am
No, I haven't even made any incentive to get in, tell me why you can't do this over AIM. :<

wildflower4u423 1:16 am
you might have to fill out your cc info on the next page for age verification only, the card won’t be charged, thats why i sent you a free invite

KinzertheBrawler 1:17 am
Welp, I do have a CC now that I'm college, but why would I pay you people to steal my information again? ?_? Besides, I'm eighteen, I promise~!

wildflower4u423 1:17 am
you getting it???

Getting what, my CC or my troll on?

wildflower4u423 1:17 am
k you in yet babe?? its *insert worm-infested URL here.* again, im getting lonely in here :) h

If you're lonely, perhaps you should masturbate then.

KinzertheBrawler 1:19 am
... Hmm, what's wrong, did I break the bot? The automated responses stopped all of a sudden... I guess they still haven't gone for the upgrades. Oh well, good night whoever might possibly be reading this, if anyone![/collapse]

God I love these things and see so much potential in them. If only people weren't so stupid so that they'd be forced to actually put effort to make these programs work better and give me someone to talk to late at night when most people would be asleep. I am so ronery. >~<

Life

Smash Hero
God I love these things and see so much potential in them. If only people weren't so stupid so that they'd be forced to actually put effort to make these programs work better and give me someone to talk to late at night when most people would be asleep. I am so ronery. >~<

That's what Cleverbot is for.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I'm worse at keeping release dates than Minecraft. Scourge's scars are still being a jack***. He'll be done eventually.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's what Cleverbot is for.
Except cleverbot doesn't always return the appropriate follow-up. :<

I thought you play WoW Kinzer? There's always people to talk to there, right?

:phone:
Oh God no.

The majority of players are stupid now. I blame Wrath and it's simple mechanics. Now the same people are probably pushing for boss nerfs in Cata.

Then you have the trolls, which ruin the fun because it's all just a grind. Nothing is ever "for fun" anymore because of them. :<

And then you have people who take the game too serious; quite the opposite of the guy who just sits in the back and leeches. They're no fun either.

And then there's the issue that I stopped playing simply because I don't have enough time in the day anymore now that I'm enrolled. I'm probably better off for it but still.

First, they take away my Touhous (I'm so glad the brain bleach worked for once here).

And now my Sonics?

Where does the madness stop~!?

FFFFFF-

/Mad.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

All my money. All of it.

Or at least 80 dollars, including shipping charges since SEGA kindly denied the US this and as such I need to import it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What is it? An OST or something?
And leave it to the US to get the crap end of an awesome deal.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Eh...the only thing cool out of that, really, looks to be the gold ring.
Everything else is just...eh.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The Gold Ring and the soundtrack are the big notes, and the documentary is a pretty sweet thing; I like neat pieces of history like that. The package includes the game too, so a price jump of 80 dollars like that is understandable.

I'l have to set aside money for the 2 Generations soundtracks when they come out though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The soundtrack and documentary will be on Youtube soon enough.
So I'm kinda not that big on either of those things.

Not to mention I already have every Sonic OST on my computer, so I'm not missing out on anything there.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Don't you think it might be nice to own the hard copies though?

I got a good deal on Face to Faith at an import shop actually, and I would like to see if I can get my hands on either of the True Blue albums. No rush though, I'm going to get my hands on the 9th Touhou project before anything else.

Anyway there must be more soundtracks, but I don't think I'm particularly interested. I don't know why, I've heard the music-making department is the same, but I feel it's pointless to support unless you really like the certain group or there's something unique... seeing as how the same data should be on the game discs now. Except the True Blues actually have pieces made specifically for the occasion which is why I'm saying I wouldn't mind owning hard copies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sure it'd be nice to own the copies, but the fact that the actual material itself can be eventually found and then downloaded to your personal computer kinda makes that experience null and void.
It'd be different if it were a figurine, but handing out digital media as bonus collector's items is kinda pointless because of how easy it is to rip from the internet. A pirated copy of Live and Learn isn't gonna sound any different from the copy on the prettified disc.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Importing the package demonstrates good faith toward the franchise, however, and if an adequate amount of bundles are imported to the US, it shows that demand for such collector editions are high, which may persuade Sega to start sending out these kinds of things over to the US for future collectors editions for new games.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
True, and I'm not gonna argue that.
I just don't really care either way.

Because no matter how you justify it, there are plenty of Sonic fans that are complete tools whom will support the franchise regardless of what I personally do.
It's just the game that should matter. Everything else should be an afterthought.

Plus, let's be honest, it's incredibly rare for any company to do anything just for the fans regardless of what they buy.
Square is a damn good example of that.
Sega won't do anything even if we buy every last collector's copy and beg for more.

Then the tools will piss and moan ad nauseam, and the overarching image of the Sonic fan will continue to fester.

Top Bottom