• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

infomon

Smash Scientist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hx8N4Wh6i4 oldish but i can pretty much guarantee I'm still this bad. Help please?
On this note:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hx8N4Wh6i4&t=2m14s

How many times, and with precisely which moves, does he hit the Wario?

My guess: ASC 2x (first does 11%, second does 7%), then SDJ (8%), then Uair (3% then 6%), totalling 35%. But I'm not sure if that adds up -- how much damage does SDJ do? like is 8% right?

It might actually be an SDR hitting him, but I don't think so.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, the SDR didn't hit. I really short work on landing those properly. Landing one of those during your low percent game is stronger than a simple upthrow combo again aerial based characters.

Actually watching that match reminds me of that heart breaking near hit @ 3:35. Felt like I was using will power to try to push sonic a little higher.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Dammit, my biological father died from a heart attack... at fourtyfour years of age...

... There goes any opportunity to learn what kind of a person he was. I did not know him before, I do not remember anything from the four years he was with me, and now I never will from him... Again...

Feels so wrong that I did not shed a single tear for him, and that my first thought upon hearing this news is what susceptibility to heart-related problems I could incur later on in life if I have this kind of family history.

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
that last part isnt bad... i mean if anything you can take that from his death, to know that you have that possibility and to take that extra step in the future to preserve your heart

Life

Smash Hero
And here I was going to complain about losing a football game...

Sorry to hear that, Kinzer. It might not hurt as much, but you've probably lost more than if you'd lived with the guy... my parents are both above fifty now. Yeesh, life's short.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Got a ton of matches with Typ_Ex saved on my Wii; I think there's like 10-13 Sonic vs. Falco matches. I'll try to get them recorded somehow.

Foxtrot -> Reverse Side B is pretty damn efficient. If I can just learn how to Dash Dance correctly and use it conjunction with Side Bs I'd be in business.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983

The sheer amount of ****ing reverse engineering I had to go though to get those damns scars to go in the right direction... It was literally surgery! I had to remove his stomach, rotate it around, then patch it back into place then merge it back to the other parts of his body so it looks half-decent. I'm still debugging this thing. It behaves weird in-game whenever he does a motion other than standing due to it being rotated...I'll figure it out.

I also replaced his normal face with that face by redirecting bones. Gotta have Scourge kicking your *** with a smirk.

This thing should be done tomorrow evening...maybe. It all depends on how long it takes to make the scars act half decent in-game. It doesn't desync wifi & it's only noticeable when you zoom in, but it bugs the hell out of me.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I beat Zelda II in 3 days using a guide from Zeldadungeon.

I think I got 100 Game Overs before I won.

Life

Smash Hero
I just got Dair, only had to look up two things so far which is pretty good for a game that's supposed to be absurdly difficult, around 3-5 game overs so far (at least one of them wasn't saved)

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
that last part isnt bad... i mean if anything you can take that from his death, to know that you have that possibility and to take that extra step in the future to preserve your heart
QFT. Sometimes, it's best to learn from the falls of others. And don't feel bad that you didn't shed a tear; a father and a daddy are sometimes two totally different things. Did you have a father figure in your life at all, or did your mom have to run both duties? (and pardon my ignorance if your life story is on some next level and I'm totally off and/or you don't even feel like talking about it.)

QFWTF

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Andrew might be drunk. Today is his birthday, after all.

Browny

Smash Hater
Good choice, since he already has the entire internet's worth of option 1.

- Edit
I spoke too soon. el oh el.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I can't look at your avatar the same way since someone else had been using the larger version of it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
QFT. Sometimes, it's best to learn from the falls of others. And don't feel bad that you didn't shed a tear; a father and a daddy are sometimes two totally different things. Did you have a father figure in your life at all, or did your mom have to run both duties? (and pardon my ignorance if your life story is on some next level and I'm totally off and/or you don't even feel like talking about it.)
[collapse="More power to me?"]No harm done.

I do have a step-father, it just wasn't until very recently that I've come to respect him. I'm not sure if that's a "yes, I never grew up with a father," or a "no, I did have someone to call 'daddy.'" After all, the realization didn't come until after my 18th birthday and now that I'm considered an adult it's not like he needs to be around anymore.

... But that's where the respect comes in. He never had to play that role to begin with, and he doesn't need to now. He just chose to help me out then, still now even; despite how indifferent I was to him.

He may not have been the best one, he may not even be the best now, but dammit at least he tries. >_< I feel so bad for it but I guess that's what part of growing up is, and I suppose acknowledging it now is better than denying it for the rest of life... Just as my biological father did for the fourteen years.

... Urgh, no, hold up. That's the worst part of all this too. That last statement may have been out of place, but then again what else is there? The saying "do not speak ill of the dead" comes immediately to mind, but I have nothing good to say because I don't remember anything. There is this particular faint memory of chasing him in the park and how he'd use the swings because I was just a three/four year old kid who couldn't reach the chain links, but I can't even remember his face. I have to look in the photo album for the photos my mother took.

But I will say this: I cannot and sgould not live in denial. He did not do much for me. However just because he abandoned his responsibility as my father shortly after my birth does not make him a bad person. I know that the relationship with my mother did not work out, and he wanted to go back to Mexico either because of home sickness or he wanted to go to college and build a (better) future whereas mother wanted to stay in the United States and make a future not only for herself but for me as well.

He was twenty-four when I was born. Young guy, probably didn't know what he was doing/thinking, yada yada yada.

... Oh before I go on, it's just a shame that he's gone now, because everything I'm about to say from this point on is just assumptions. Who knows if he truly didn't care, or if he had his reasons. But now I'll never know, forget what other people have to say, only he truly knew why he made the choices he did.

But as I was saying, I will not hate him anymore, maybe in the end he regrets that he left me in the care of someone else, maybe he couldn't support me financially because he was dealing with too much, or that he was too busy with school/work that he couldn't call me aside from my birthdays and Christmas (which those eventually stopped).

There's no point in holding anger towards him, he's no longer alive for me to carry out what vengeance I had, and I am just angry that it took his death for me to realize that he may have been a good person who just messed up too much, one too many times, and couldn't do better through any means.

The only thing I am curious about and want answered is just if up until he died he took good care of my half sisters Rebecca and Sophia. They're both six and three respectively, I feel so bad for Rebecca because I can't imagine how a child is suppose handle the death of someone or something they love... and this is only if they broke the news to her somehow. She might've been closer to him than I was. Sophia on the other hand will probably end up like me, but not through choice.

I have to wonder, maybe he found a loving wife who felt like she needed him financially, emotionally, physically, whatever. Maybe he treated her better too after having learned from his first "mistake?" I'm actually curious to know how the widow will handle this, from what I hear she is young herself; she might remarry... or she may even be like my mother where she meets a man, they get together and live under the same house for a mutual relationship. I'm sure you know what I mean, pay house bills together, give the mother less responsibility for the children with another adult in the house; whatever. She could also very well end up being a single-mother, it's all fair play in the game of life.

... I just have to see my half-sisters eventually. I have to know that he took good care of them, and that they'll grow up to be fine women regardless of all this happening. I can't allow this or anything within my power to correct ruin them now that I know of all this. Every human should be given the same, equal opportunity to do great things in life, and those two are no exceptions. I just wish he didn't die so damn early, because now I don't know what will happen, especially since they live in Mexico city where "things" are just waiting to happen.

He sure as Hell did a lot of mistakes in his unfortunately short life, but that doesn't mean I won't pick up his slack, oh no~! I'm his successor afterall, it's my duty to carry forward the good family name!
[/collapse]

┻━┻ ︵╰ (°□°) ╯︵ ┻━┻

:093:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
That is probably the only time I will read an entire WoT from Kinzer. I usually just skim for the main idea.

That is rather noble of you Kinz. I didn't grow up with a consistent father figure in my life either. My mom was really the closest thing to that. My dad is a deadbeat that feels like if he did anything for me, he'd be helping my mom out. So yeah, even though my mom gets on my last nerve with her "The world owes me" complex, she did do what she could to make a better living for me and my 11 year old brother. So I know where you're coming from in a way.

You should definitely go see your sisters and hopefully your dad left them a good living. You've got your heart in the right place, I suggest that you stay in touch with them and help them as much as you can. Try to be a support system for them as they grow up.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I use to be really distant to my father until recently. Not having a full time job meant i did more at home. Me and dad use to be really distant from each other, like i'd barely talk to him about stuff but these past few months i've been putting more effort into our relationship because his kids from a previous marriage dont exactly stay in touch with him. Plus hes had alot of bad experiences with his other daughter, and those experiences effect his views of me more then he realizes. I'm just glad things are going in the right direction for us both. Hes given me more big projects to do around here like painting and sealing the driveway. And helping out with his trucks at work. Some of these projects can be dangerous too, like getting up on the roof to fix a leak or having to use a blow torch around a gas tank on a truck. So that really says alot about how much more he trusts me now.

I'm personally sorry to you excel and kinzer about your father experiences. Fathers can be very to themselves on their emotions. They **** up and do things they shouldn't do but at some level they do care. You just have to work with them in order to find that fatherly stuff thats in them.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh my god. I missed that.
<3

And if it makes you feel any better Oreo, I HATE Dan.

Top Bottom