• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic CD is coming out on XBLA, PSN, and iPhone. It will feature Sonic 2 physics, and a toggle option to switch between JP/EU and US soundtracks.

It's also being set in the timeline to be a direct prequel to Sonic 4.

Have your wallets ready.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Needs Sonic 3 physics (since those are superior to Sonic 2's physics just on bug fixes alone). And Sonic 3 level design, honestly.

Personally, I think Sonic CD is very overrated.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic CD is....amazing. Its not really just any one thing that makes it amazing, but I find it to be such an unique Sonic experience. Most of my favorite games bring together a great soundtrack, solid multi layered gameplay/objectives and a story that made me laugh. Sonic CD really delivers in these areas beyond any other Sonic game I've ever played. Also Bayonetta and Madworld easily fit this as well. Bayonetta >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> God of War.

....what are you guys talking about?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
First time I played CD was on Gems.
It was REALLY damn fun.

In retrospect, it upset me that they didn't keep the peel out feature in the later games. It was so awesome.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Super Peel Out is pretty awesome.

But I learned some things about it that kinda sorta made it not make a difference that it wasn't in other Sonic games.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Thats what I always forgot to do. Play Sonic CD. Never played it yet and I bought the Gems collection and forgot to play it cause I got distracted by playing Sonic the Fighters lol.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
finishing up MLP batch of avis. next stop, another Sonic group.

[EDIT]

And Espy, I hope you can still make it to APEX 2012. I feel like WHOBO 3 and Genesis 2... they were preparing me for a big moment like this. Almost every Sonic here has plans to attend and it's not just my chance to shine, but everyones'.

WHOBO 3 showed I had the national potential, and the fights I went through in Genesis 2 told me that despite my shortcomings that I refused to give in. Despite the fact that I lost, I still made those matches close when it came to the likes of MikeHAZE, RAIN, X, to name a few when the money was on the line.

Taking games isn't enough I know, but it always represents the start of what you're capable of.

The ability to win is there. I just have to bring it out and make it constant. I just have to prove it and show my worth come APEX 2012. That, and I have yet to actually play you one on one, Espy. Just did Doubles shenanigans with you, Polt, Nike, Slush and the others. :p

And Speed, I especially wanna face you after the ups and downs you've had in your Smash career. I still remember you texting me for advice on mindsets, that the way I think is something to admire. When we fight, I wanna see for myself just how much of that advice, my words, all of it you've taken to heart. I think our match has been a long time coming. ...besides. You wasted me in Marvel. Gotta pay you back somehow. LOL

All of you guys, when APEX comes around, you better break out of pools! Because I refuse to let what happened at Genesis 2 happen to me again. Let's make MLG happen again and have some of us fighting for top spots!

[EDIT #2]

/wakes up to read this...

Wow I'm a dork and cheesy sometimes. Hahah..

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Wow I'm a drunk and cheesy guy sometimes. Hahah..
This is how I read.

Now it would be interesting one of these days.

Hmphehehe.

As for me, I promise I'll get to working on the project soon. Probably Sunday if I get my Wiimote.

:093:

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
You're the Dan? I've placed 9th ONCE

The rest I've been last or next to last.

I rule.

Life

Smash Hero
I have beaten exactly three individuals in-tournament. One of them was a Melee player who entered just to make the bracket even (SN2), and the other two were (I think) new players (/hope3).

Besides, my entire schtick on this forum is how I'm so bad... well, then again Dan has an ego, right?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Kurado, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm not actually going Sonic in tourney. If I do, they might give me a red card for underplaying.

All jokes aside, no Sonic for me. I don't play this game enough to do that and have a chance at actually winning something.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Kurado, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm not actually going Sonic in tourney. If I do, they might give me a red card for underplaying.

All jokes aside, no Sonic for me. I don't play this game enough to do that and have a chance at actually winning something.
I think those red/yellow cards are kinda dumb... Especially when its the same few people that are mainly getting them over and over.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lolllll Meeksus Speedius is going in!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o24N2Tw4h4I

checkout that perfect 2nd stock lololol
That was one hell of a nasty beat down.

I think those red/yellow cards are kinda dumb... Especially when its the same few people that are mainly getting them over and over.
I don't know what you mean by the "same few people" when M2K is the only one to have consistently received a penalty card. I support the intention behind the cards, but the way they've been handling it is kinda questionable.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
It's only the same few people getting them over and over because it's the same few people winning nationals over and over.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Apparently they're ****ing up Sonic CD's place in time, saying it's somewhere between Sonic 3 and/or Sonic 4 Episode 1 and/or Sonic 4 Episode 2...

*sigh*

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
It was quite enjoyable. Won a smash tournament of 20+ people onboard the cruise as well. I basically got all but 4 of them to main metaknight rofl.
There was sooo much free stuff. Cosmell (Mexico) is awesome, Jamaica sucks, but Labadee (Haiti) has some really nice beaches.
We got upgraded gold card service, so it was extremely nice. But as Rags might say, it cost my grandparents an ARM and a leg! KYAHAHAHAHA. *hazama laugh*

:phone:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Apparently they're ****ing up Sonic CD's place in time, saying it's somewhere between Sonic 3 and/or Sonic 4 Episode 1 and/or Sonic 4 Episode 2...

*sigh*
Sonic CD had a set-in-stone place in the Genesis canon before?

It's being placed between 3&K and 4, not between Ep. 1 and Ep. 2

Tesh

Smash Hero
Doesn't Sonic CD technically take place before and after everything?

Just got back from a tournament where I went mostly metaknight overall. Went all metaknight in doubles (damn this is waaaaaaaay more effective than Sonic). I also beat someone in singles that normally 2-0'd with the help of metaknight. Got 3rd in doubles. Lots of nado, there should be vids within the week if anyone cares.

:metaknight:

I know there were a few MK banned tournaments today across the country though. Interested to see how that went.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Wedge, you should try to find a piece of Scourge artwork that looks...idk..snake-ish or something.

I couldn't help but find a few pieces of fanart that made me think of Sonic having the Azure. lol, Sonic the Bloodedge.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I went to a tournament yesterday. Went in hyped, left out mad as ****. Living in an inactive state definitely has adverse effects on your skill. I literally lost to everyone in my pool 0-2 except for one guy which was 1-2.

I don't have mix-ups anymore, I screwed up on stutterstep fsmashes, I'm basically back to basics again.

Well now that I'm in a state that is active and living with Ripple, I should be back to slightly less than free.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I am sincerely considering quitting if MK gets banned. I am heavily considering quitting everyone but MK because I can't come close to winning otherwise. Also, it would be nice if people would CRITIQUE my videos instead of them just sitting there. I don't have Tesh/Tails/Kinzer go through the trouble of recording them just so I don't get the criticism I so desperately need. Seriously.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

*sigh*
I was told it's a prequel to 4, meaning it has to take place after 3&K.
But honestly, what's the problem with that? None of the canon to the main continuity is damaged beyond that at all. Above that, did CD actually have a word-from-god, 100% confirmed place in continuity? I heard it was between 1 and 2, but I see no reason for it to be placed elsewhere for convenience. Really, CD is like a side-quest to the main series since its point in the canon is so easy to change.

CD could be placed anywhere from 1-4, and it wouldn't change a thing.

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok, I'm starting to feel the strain it takes to keep playing sonic at a decent level. I think I'm going to try to re-work my playstyle to keep the mindgames, but minimize all the mashing and quick inputs and such. So I'm thinking more running shenanigans.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Why yes, you should Rags. I would greatly appreciate a scourgezama avi.
oh and add me on XBL if you wanna play. I'm kinda rusty tho. Scourge093
:093:
Get on right now. I'm down for some potentially laggy online shenanigans where all I can do is botch midair links and 5D for victory. Lemme know if you're game.

Top Bottom