• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... One of these days when I get around to updating the Community Guide again, definitely gonna need an FAQ section for both in-game and out-of-game FAQs.

*Ahem.*

Haunter was the favorite Pokemon of Boxob, an old poster on the Sonic boards before he left for other/better things Scyther had his own sprite. That was the actual poster's favorite Pokemon. He would end every post in Haunter, and while he may have been a nuisance to some/many, some other people were followers.

I'm basically doing it to keep the spirit alive. I was indifferent to the guy But I remember the fun times I had in this place in '08/'09, constantly getting banned, the mod wars (regulation was unnecessarily tight around this place), and the overall atmosphere of this place and what I'd like to see it become (more laid back, more helpful, blah blah blah).

Oh before I forget too, gonna have to put the project on hold. For once, I have a legitimate excuse in that I somehow lost my Wiimote even though swear I did not take it out of my backpack last weekend. I need Jerry to give it back to me since it looks like someone else took my Wiimote and left theirs by accident; except that this Wiimote has no cover for the batteries but it's no big deal considering the system is a piece of **** and I only need a Wiimote to boot up Brawl.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I am technologically impaired and too lazy to figure out how to work it myself when all I need to do with a Wiimote is have two Double-A batteries. :X

Tesh

Smash Hero
I still have not actually watched Seibrik vs Speed.....

Does that make me a bad person?

edit: amazing speed swag, i had DSF flashbacks. such a crowd pleaser.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Lol that match with Seibrik and Speed was too good. I actually saw Seibrik at the recent tournament I went to and he just kept looking at me and cursing me about the Sonic matchup. So much complaining lol. Made it even worse when I beat a Marth and he had a buddy to be mad at me for just cause I play Sonic lol. Couldn't help but laugh the whole tournament.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Thanks for the tips! (2 pages back) I'm feeling a little more comfortable with sonic now, And at certain matches like marth ike (and anyone else without projectiles). Although I still have alot of work to do. My bro who doesn't really play brawl anymore 2 stocked me with pit x__x He was PShielding everything and grab ****** me lol, made me hesitant about approaching.

2 things: what are some different ways I can approach with sonic?

80% of the time I try the ASC Spinshot thing (where you flick the C-stick left/right and you get that long horizontal jump out of spin dash), I seem to jump alil diagonal and get no distance.... Am I flicking the Ctick to fast/slow?

:phone:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
2 things: what are some different ways I can approach with sonic?

80% of the time I try the ASC Spinshot thing (where you flick the C-stick left/right and you get that long horizontal jump out of spin dash), I seem to jump alil diagonal and get no distance.... Am I flicking the Ctick to fast/slow?

To give you some ideas, walking, running, direct SDR, ASC, etc. There's just too many different ways to do it but you can deviate from the aforementioned to find a way that works for the moment.

It's a matter of timing, I think if you do it too late you'll just double-jump. It may also be the input afterall, you need to make sure you're 1) In the air. 2) Using ASC. 3) Flicking the C-Stick all the way right or left. I think if you do it too fast you may double-jump as well, but I wouldn't know since at this point for me it's just second nature and I only mess up the input once in a blue moon so I wouldn't know/remember what happens then. I even have reason to believe that there is no such thing as doing it too fast but again I don't know.

Edit: Because once again Notepad won't save this kind of stuff:

░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░
░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░
░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░
░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░
░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░

Life

Smash Hero
Holy crap this is my last day of summer vacation as a student at my high school.

I just finished my summer homework and this hit me so hard I cried a little. Not even kidding. I think I ought to lie down...

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
To give you some ideas, walking, running, direct SDR, ASC, etc. There's just too many different ways to do it but you can deviate from the aforementioned to find a way that works for the moment.

It's a matter of timing, I think if you do it too late you'll just double-jump. It may also be the input afterall, you need to make sure you're 1) In the air. 2) Using ASC. 3) Flicking the C-Stick all the way right or left. I think if you do it too fast you may double-jump as well, but I wouldn't know since at this point for me it's just second nature and I only mess up the input once in a blue moon so I wouldn't know/remember what happens then. I even have reason to believe that there is no such thing as doing it too fast but again I don't know.

Edit: Because once again Notepad won't save this kind of stuff:

░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░
░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░
░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░
░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░
░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░

Thanks :) I'll practice it in a few! Btw do you do wifi? I'd like to show you my crap the hedgehog so you can specifically point out some things that's crappy about it :0

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yeah, I wouldn't know how summer school works but I can imagine it must've been a bother. I rather spend my free time bored than frustrated.

Then again, it could also be that I'm ecstatic to start college. High School Education is in shambles and needs some serious reworking, but it's no longer my problem now! :D

BSP

Smash Legend
I hope it's worth it in the end

I'm putting myself through AP Physics and Calculus this year, and I still haven't made many decisions in the college area. I'll stop putting it off eventually.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's worth it so long as you make the smart choice.
Make sure you know where you want to go, and make sure the AP Credits you get from high school are valid for the college you wish to enroll in.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
My AP credits didn't go through...however I'm thinking the reason why my Physics AP credit didn't get accept because I scored a 2 on the exam. Well, at least I did decent since when I took the exam, I had a huge disadvantage because I was taking Pre-Calculus while in a Calculus based Physics class.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You need to score a 3 or better I think for most universities to accept the credits.
That, or a 4. I can't remember anymore.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So unsurprisingly, I've run into a problem concerning APEX.
Trying to figure a way around it at the moment.

I'm pretty upset with it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's a luxury being able to travel OoC and sometimes OoS.

Assuming the place isn't anywhere within reasonable driving distance, you'll need to get a plane ticket. Those can vary between $200-$500 on tickets alone.

Depending on how long you wish to stay, you'll need to take into account what more you want to do. Now you can't obviously neglect essentials, like a comfortable place to sleep, food, and so on. You'll need to find hotels and restaurants, and depending on how fancy you want to be with the place you stay, you'll need to put aside somewhere between $50-$200 a night. You can live on poverty and find fast food chains around the area, but even then you may want to have another $200 for eats assuming it's a 3-day weekend that you'll be out. This is also taking into consideration that you have at least three course meals via breakfast, lunch, and dinner; so if you plan on having snacks or anything you may either need to bring it with you from home or put even more down to buy it at the destination.

Can't forget tourney entry fee now obviously; since that was the entire point of going out of your way.

Nothing else after that, since anything else that can be factored is just luxury, like bringing your girlfriend along with you, going to an anime convention, staying longer, paying for services such as tours, and so on. You could also find housing with someone, but again this is assumnig you're doing it all by yourself.

... You'll really want to put aside least $1,500 for the minimums. Never settle for the exact amount whatever it is for that moment; you'll regret it when you pay for extra things (and you will) and you end up not being able to do something that you need to do/have, like take a shower or sleep in a comfortable place because you couldn't afford the extra night, skip a big/small dinner because you couldn't even afford the dollar menu at a Mickey D's, et cetera.

... All these damn trips out of the country to Europe, Mexico, The Dominican Republic, Cuba, etc. have really prepared me for this sort of thing...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Which is partially why I can't go. I don't have $1,500 to burn in addition to what's gonna happen (probably will) in December.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So you opt'd to go, huh Espy?

Ah well, at this rate I wouldn't be able to go either. In the end, I may as well enjoy what I have here and make my parents blow it on anime convention stuff since I know how my mother is Hellbent on treating me like a child.

Oh, there's also another one that's suppose to happen on Labor day weekend, might be fun.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
OK is banding together to try and go to Apex, so I'm trying to get things together. However, I'm thinking of retiring from Sonic for a while to focus on a funky Fox/Bowser combo so I can better learn how to fight offensively and defensively so I can try and apply it to Sonic. So I'll see if I go back to Sonic by then.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Man lots of money..... Really makes me feel like not going and just deal with tournaments in my state or maybe next door... Just thought it would be a cool experience to meet a lot of people. Still want to attempt to go to APEX but shall have to over work myself like crazy. Especially with all my college classes. lol

Life

Smash Hero
OK is banding together to try and go to Apex, so I'm trying to get things together. However, I'm thinking of retiring from Sonic for a while to focus on a funky Fox/Bowser combo so I can better learn how to fight offensively and defensively so I can try and apply it to Sonic. So I'll see if I go back to Sonic by then.

Interesting.

:marth:: I haven't had time to play at ALL lately. Think I might have regressed a bit, but not johning.

Top Bottom