• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Thought that was an N-gage.

Smash tournament on campus tomorrow. 5-stock, 10 "best" stages, items on. Should be fun.

I may take Chain-Ace's thread's ideas and incorporate them here for OK and try to get the scene to grow. I already found an available venue and all that.

Tesh

Smash Hero
5 stock sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. Unless the timer is low enough for me to just negate most of it...

Honestly if I had to play a game with more than 3 stocks, I would main Ganon/DK/Snake.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Got first at my tournament. Stocks were scrapped, and we went with 3 minute, 4 minute, and 5 minute matches, with the last one with time off, but 5 stocks in, with the damage percentage window removed. Which made it hilarious since I was locked with Sonic, and Chozo was locked with Snake.

The damage window should totally be removed in competitive play. Won't have to worry about anyone camping with percent lead, since no one will know who actually has the lead!

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
The damage window should totally be removed in competitive play. Won't have to worry about anyone camping with percent lead, since no one will know who actually has the lead!
Not knowing your damage keeps you from doing a lot of things, like knowing when to use your kill moves, knowing when to use other moves to freshen up your kill moves, knowing if you can gimp your opponent with moves/"combos" that only work at certain percents, etc.

Also, like, if you DI a certain way against certain attacks because your knockback looks like you're about to die, someone can take advantage of that... I think... that sounds like flimsy logic compared to my first paragraph.

Overall, I was never a fan of no damage gauges in any fighting game.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
That was mainly sarcasm, though I can see where the benefit would be.

Lack of a damage gauge would be a huge hindrance if the game goes to time anyway though. There's no way to check who has the lower percent in the results screen, and the game goes to Sudden Death in the case of equal stocks.

Better to allow a certain "play-to-win" strategy take root once the percent difference is seen than to scrap the strategy and potentially come to a roadblock on the results screen if the game goes to time.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
During the Modern Chemical Plant, Sonic did a pose in mid-air that was an exact copy of his SA1 pose.
Holy ****.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I disagree.
I personally like this one better. It's more in tune with the original while adding something fresh (hard to choose for me but this version won out). Not to take away from the Project Chaos version, but it takes too long (not counting the original music at the beginning) to build up to the actual boss battle part.

[EDIT]

I overexaggerated when I said Project Chaos got schooled, admittedly. But this IS really damn nice.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hey guys.
I played alot of Sonic in tourney yesterday, as well as in MM's.

I actually played a wario, 3 stocked him game one, lost game 2, and won the time out in game 3. :D

I'm going to get replays. And i'm REALLY excited with how i did.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Malicious Fingers is, like, my favorite song. Of all time.

So I'm biased by default.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
You know nothing about classic sonic?
You are not fit to survive.
And in the AGE OF APOCALYPSE, only the STRONG survive.
Meanwhile on APOCALYPSE ISLAND, formerly known as Manhattan, Magneto and his X-Men prepare to make the final stand against Apocalypse and his horsemen...
READ THE SHOCKING CONCLUSION IN X-MEN: OMEGA!

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Happiness is but a false hope in the AGE OF APOCALYPSE. A universe in which the death of a mutant named CHARLES XAVIER changed everything. This world was NOT meant to be. And ERIK LEHNSHERR has dedicated his life to changing that. The arrival of a trans-dimensional time traveler known as BISHOP has changed Erik's world for good. And now Erik knows what he must do.
But that's good for you, Steve.

Top Bottom