• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
I just wanna say right now that 4:3 aspect ratio is ****ing lame. When I play in 16:9 ratio I can see what my opponents do after I dthrow them, but in 4:3 you just have to ****ing guess because at high percents it shoots them away faster than the camera pans out.
^ This! :/

Going to SiiS tomorrow.

I don't know why I'm posting this. Most of you ******s have me on ignore or just ignore me anyway...

**** this character board.
You're not on ignore, in any case, Good Luck Excel! :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
lol storm, you should have just asked me. I upload pretty much anything for anyone as long as its not boring to watch.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
FINALLY FINISHED RECORDING
I was about to upload the ones last night and i realized like over half of them the audio desynced from the video so i had to re-record. School, tennis, and the capture card seem to want to keep me from uploading these.
They're going up tomorrow mid-day. I will not leave my house until they are all uploaded.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
sk8erbabeb23 11:11 pm
heyaa!

sk8erbabeb23 is offline 11:11 pm
bored :( 13h and 2m ago Comment
IMs are delivered when the buddy signs in. Send sk8erbabeb23 a text message
KinzertheBrawler 11:11 pm
Hi there.

sk8erbabeb23 11:11 pm
for some reason you're on my buddylist but i dont remember who you are! :( [Yeah right...]

KinzertheBrawler 11:12 pm
I wouldn't worry about it, I have a lot of people my buddy list too and it's been years since I've talked to them. [No actually I deleted a lot of people that I never stayed in good contact with.]

sk8erbabeb23 11:12 pm
Well I'm brittany do you remember me?

KinzertheBrawler 11:12 pm
Sorry I do not. [Never knew a Brittany in my life actually]

sk8erbabeb23 11:12 pm
I hope I'm not bothering you, i'm 20/f btw what about you?

KinzertheBrawler 11:13 pm
You're not bothering me, it's okay!

I'm 18/m.

sk8erbabeb23 11:13 pm
what's a bot?? [I never brought this up. >_>]

KinzertheBrawler 11:13 pm
Isn't that what you are actually?

sk8erbabeb23 11:13 pm
cool so whats up? i'm totally bored right now and just got out of the shower. i'm feeling a bit naughty & have no one to help me out with that.. :( [Yeah, completely ignore what I said before...]

KinzertheBrawler 11:14 pm
Why would you need anyone else to help you with that actually? [Afterall, everybody has tow hands, right?]

sk8erbabeb23 11:14 pm
I'm about to go on cam would you like to watch? i'll do anything you ask ;) h [Aww if only things were this easy.]

KinzertheBrawler 11:14 pm
If you want.

sk8erbabeb23 11:14 pm
I'm a premium member of this super exclusive site, that's just like myspace except for adults and with cams and i can give out free invites out here's the site: *Nope.* [Myspace kind of died years ago didn't it?]

KinzertheBrawler 11:15 pm
Ah well that's cool I suppose.

sk8erbabeb23 11:15 pm
Just go here *nope.* and click the Green "Accept invite" Then fill out the info babe!

KinzertheBrawler 11:15 pm
Why would I want to go there though?

sk8erbabeb23 11:16 pm
Don't worry, the credit card is used only to verify you're an adult! Read the small print babe. It says it's free if you are invited by a premium member. [I can't say I don't have a CC anymore. :< :>]

KinzertheBrawler 11:16 pm
But I am an adult! I know how to use the bathroom all by myself! [and for more things than just peeing!]

sk8erbabeb23 11:16 pm
Let me know when you're in babe, then i can make a private room for us so you can have me all to yourself ;) h

KinzertheBrawler 11:17 pm
But I never said I would be doing that. :-\ [lol because it's too much effort to get a personal handjob or anything of that sort.]

sk8erbabeb23 is unable to receive offline IMs. 11:17 pm
KinzertheBrawler 11:17 pm
Oh I see, this is where you gave up.

Went on ahead and added my own personal commentary~. <3

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero

Is this something odd about Sonic's Fsmash or does Marth just suck. I think I recall something about Marth's hitboxes being shorter than his sword animations, but this looks so...odd.

@Kinzer, I guess when both players aren't "trying".

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

Is this something odd about Sonic's Fsmash or does Marth just suck. I think I recall something about Marth's hitboxes being shorter than his sword animations, but this looks so...odd.

@Kinzer, I guess when both players aren't "trying".
lol @ Espy's answer.

it's one of two things...
1) either the sword hitbox is in fact smaller than the sword like you said it might be or
2) Sonic's hurtbox is pulled back a bit more than it would seem it should when he's in that animation for the f-smash.

of course, it's possible that it's a combination of the two.

I'm relatively hyped that I knew that NaCl is salt.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Whoever changed this thread title, I love you.
Also, marth's fully charged shieldbreaker (or any charge) is outranged by our fsmash, and fully charged shieldbreaker outranges marth's fsmash. And it does partially pull sonic's hurtbox back like marko saidd iirc.
We also outrange mk's fsmash

OH DERP MESSED UP THREAD TITLE. It was supposed to be HCF+MP, not DP+HP. Oh well.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Also, marth's fully charged shieldbreaker (or any charge) is outranged by our fsmash, and fully charged shieldbreaker outranges marth's fsmash. And it does partially pull sonic's hurtbox back like marko saidd iirc.

OH DERP MESSED UP THREAD TITLE. It was supposed to be HCF+MP, not DP+HP. Oh well.
hmmm... interesting... the fsmash has more priority than people give it credit for. Maybe people should make more use of that stutter step fsmash? (I think the terminology is wrong... the idea I'm looking for is when you tap the analog stick opposite of the c-stick for that extra step that is made when you go for the fsmash. What's that called?)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Anything is possible when you're in /S/onic.

Stutter step is amazing. I still use it. :applejack:
I've begun to impliment it in some of my games.

My God, why did I not use it sooner?

I just don't have any idea how how I make it so that I can get Sonic to SS backwards and FSmash forwards, if this makes sense.

If I have to make a silly chart, kind like this:

...l.......

Imagine sonic as the l. Being able to SS backwards mean I go to the left, like so:

.l..........

And FSmash to the right, kinda like this:

.l--*.......

Where --* is Sonic's arm. -'s are his limb and the * is the fist.

If I try to do it, it either doesn't work and becomes a run/foxtrot, or if I do it too soon I move forward when I don't mean to.

Yes.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So in that case it becomes a Dashdance Stutterstep?

Alright. I'll see if it works next opportunity I get.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
The ganon boards have something they call a "Salmon Smash"

Which essentialy is tapping forward on the Analog and then stutterstepping.

It makes the range of your fsmash ********.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't think that actually has anything to do with the stage though...
He just tech jumped to reverse his momentum I thought.

On the air phase Sonic can do something similar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lumj9kYOYhc&t=13s
Though I can't say there would be much reason to .

K, I don't think it actually "outranges". Whoever releases first will get hit, Marth and Sonic both lean back and then they both lean in (marth leans WAAAAY in for shieldbreaker) when you let go. I doubt Fsmash actually beat shieldbreaker.
The ganon boards have something they call a "Salmon Smash"

Which essentialy is tapping forward on the Analog and then stutterstepping.

It makes the range of your fsmash ********.
Yea, dash cancelled reverse stutter step I believe. I made a video to explain it to a Sonic I was teaching on wifi, but I think I got it wrong lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygA-QM3v164&t=17s
When I'm fishing for fsmashes, I should remember to throw in some of those. Thats actually a helluvalot of distance for the plus 8 or so frames.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
O.o how strange, I've almost always used just the control stick+A for my stutter steps both reversed and regular, cept when I'm in a tight spot and don't intend on considering the option of charging fsmash to punish a spotdodge, for example when I catch someone landing in their no-special animation XD

I even use Analog+A for doing SSFsmash interrupted foxtrots, guess I'm weird like that.

Edit: Most of the time, I feel like I'm going to accidentally dash attack when I try doing any SS aside from the pivot->fsmash opposite direction using the C-stick. =/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
:applejack: vs. :093: go go go
:093: was around before anything else.

Also if they have @#$%ing MLP Someone had better damn well get on Touhou as well! >:X

Edit: Most of the time, I feel like I'm going to accidentally dash attack when I try doing any SS aside from the pivot->fsmash opposite direction using the C-stick. =/
That's kind of why you practice to get comfortable.

The only thing I still can't do is platform-related techs.

Edit: God damn, when did they fix it that edited versions are instant? Sometimes I see a typo and I just mean to fix that, no need for this. :/

Though I'll be honest, more often than not I like to add little sentences like these. I'm fast but there are times I can't sneak those edits in. Baw.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
That's kind of why you practice to get comfortable.

Edit: God damn, when did they fix it that edited versions are instant? Sometimes I see a typo and I just mean to fix that, no need for this. :/
Though I'll be honest, more often than not I like to add little sentences like these. I'm fast but there are times I can't sneak those edits in. Baw.
wait, why? I can do it perfectly fine w/ the A-button, do I *have* to be comfortable with the C-stick version too? O.o Oh well, lol, I probably will anyway, more options is always nice.

In response to the edit. You're too slow.

Edit: wow, it really is instant, lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im more focused on angling my f smashes more than i am how much I stutter them, up angled beats marths fair, hits wario out of gr and beats a lot of his aerials. and beats air approaches from a lot of characters flat out. down angled also **** slaps people on the ledge.

also, for an explanation. i believe you can do a smash attack within 5 frames or so of starting your run. so you run backwards for like 5 frames and than f smash the other way.

Ive also started implementing foxtrot to dash dance down smash. its pretty fly.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm not going to Apex. My computer and car broke simultaneously, so I lost about $600 (which would've been Apex).
Come to the Texas Circuit's Grand Championships in November, KT. :applejack:

Top Bottom