• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol...

Diddy's dtilt is just like EVERY OTHER GROUND ATTACK IN THE GAME (minus MK's attacks).

There's nothing special about it, it will clank like everything else will and you can't get a frame advantage since it will put both characters in the neutral state at the exact same time.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Okay, then let me rephrase it.
Diddy ***** Sonic's iSDR because his dtilt is too good.

Better, Browny?
Now eat those delicious little cherries.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
he means slants, the little slanted geometry on YI and Pictos ledges offer Sonic invincibility frames when he spins on top of that geometry

Tesh

Smash Hero
You guys might want to explain exactly how it works if you want to help him. Or he won't recognize the billion other places this can happen.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm not quitting Sonic.

I'm quitting Brawl.
*Pounds chest.*

I hear ya bro.

Brawl sucks.

It's just a shame that you have to stop playing Sonic in order to do that. Is there any reason you're hanging up ya Nikes?

Regardless though, I'll miss you. I heard lots of good things about you and didn't get to see much; if anything. Good luck in your future endeavors.

:093:

Life

Smash Hero
Hey Trent (because you'll feel guilty and come back and see this :093:), whenever that acting thing takes off you come back and let us know, okay?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Goddamnit KID!

That's MY job! I DO THAT!

However, the fact that someone else knew exactly what to do pleases me greatly.
You're alright, KID.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Odd, I was looking for a picture earlier to express that very thought.

I thought Trent had a hand injury preventing him from playing. Ah well.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Thread title should be changed to express the despair and sadness in all of our hearts.

D

Deleted member

Damn, Trent...that's too bad.

Hopefully you'll be back in a month or two, like the NEOH players that quit. :p

M-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I'm relatively new to competitive smash and don't really have a main yet. I was thinking of working with Sonic but someone told me he's hard to use. I was just wondering if that means Sonic is more skill-based?
I hope you'll be seeing more of me later.
~M-Wolf

Life

Smash Hero
M-Wolf: First, welcome to SWF / the Sonic board!

Sonic is a solid mid-tier character (meaning in the grand scheme of things, he's about midway between Meta Knight (best character) and Ganondorf (worst character) in terms of how effective he is and how often Sonic players win). He's constantly improving however, and Sonic players have probably improved his game more than any other character save perhaps Olimar or Meta Knight. His main strengths lie in the ability to fake other characters out, his general mobility, and his excellent offstage game. However, he has trouble finishing off opponents, often not getting kills until very high percents. Lucario is probably the most difficult matchup for Sonic because of this.

Notable Sonic players include Espy and X (who famously placed 5th and 6th at MLG Dallas), Sonicmaster5 (call him Speed), and pretty much everyone else here
other than me <.<
. (And apparently Atomsk too. Who knew?)

I'd say to check out the Community Guide, but it's still a work in progress. In the meantime, you can also check out the Winning Steak Cinemas thread for Sonic videos, and the various other stickied threads, which should be of immense help should you decide to main Sonic.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Hello, I'm relatively new to competitive smash and don't really have a main yet. I was thinking of working with Sonic but someone told me he's hard to use. I was just wondering if that means Sonic is more skill-based?
I hope you'll be seeing more of me later.
~M-Wolf
How well you do as Sonic depends on how well you can read and react to the other player. That kind of thing will come from experience/playing with people. Once you get that down, he has a bunch of little gimmicks and traits (like his ground speed) that you can use to your advantage.

Otherwise, you'll probably just flail around for a bit :bee:

Top Bottom