• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I missed it, was it saved. Atomsk is an awesome player, I would love to see his Sonic.

BSP

Smash Legend
Eventually, people will give Sonic the respect he deserves.

And good job speed. You got 9/50, great.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Speed what happened? Who took you out of loser's bracket? I saw you lose to that toon link. Man you had it. Ah well.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
It would be somewhat cool if atomsk mained sonic, but I don't think he's nearly stupid enough to play this horrible character as a main.
Edit: This thread title- speed 9th out of 50? Implying speed placing in his usual spot is something to be recognized?
Mad people called it on facebook ahead of time. Ur2Slo.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
In case you didn't know already, there's a new tech in the tactical discussion and I think that Sonic would be one of the characters to benefit from it the most.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292308
Check it out and post in that thread to tell me what you think or whatever (cause I never go in here).
Do you have the required techskill? Or are you too slow?

Tenki

Smash Hero
First up, here's the year old asian vid that shows a few applications of it. Watch the whole thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXXIyk_Fb6M

As you will have seen, this tech allows you to do anything out of a dash, anything out of a shield and anything out of a shield cancellable move. With one big restriction. You have to be on a platform.

I won't put it off any longer. Here's how it's done.

To perform anything out of a dash, start on a platform, dash in any direction, hit shield, instantly drop through the platform out of shield then instantly cancel the platform drop through with any attack. If you aren't blown away with how impossible this is, then you mustn't understand. I'll break it up a bit.
The instant OoS platform drop is quite hard to perform. Normally, when people think about dropping through a platform OoS they think about holding shield then moving the analog stick downwards at a medium pace to avoid a spotdodge or just angling the shield down. But this has to be done instantly which means you don't have time to do it at a medium pace, but if you rush it, won't you just spotdodge? Not necessarily. In order to do it instantly, I find it works easier if I shield then instantly move the joystick diagonally down/forwards and not all the way. This is the best way I've found to do it so fast that you don't even see the shield
!

WELL... that explains this thing I kept accidentally doing while trying to do the spindash cancel platform drop through lol. Funny thing is, the down diagonal stick roll was exactly the input I was trying to do for a PDT XD

also, I like how in the vid, you only see Sonic doing an ASC PDT lol

Last night, Tesh mentioned in the xat that it's like doing a reverse hadoken, and while I was testing it out today, I kinda got somewhat stable w/ this method instead:

[side B] [quickly roll to a little above diagonal down] [shield]

Note how you hit shield AFTER quickly hitting down (hitting a diagonal makes it much easier ;) ).
With this method, you don't even see the shield come up- you just start your fall animation. The only limit here is that this one only works if you cancel the beginning of the charge. The previous method makes use of a regular shield PDT, but this one is more of a buffered one.

An interesting thing to note is that if you do it wrong, sometimes you'll see Sonic do a weird quick landing animation, THEN go into shield. I noticed that you can actually do something more akin to a no-shield cancelled side-B. Though, this is kinda useless/something you probably won't do on purpose because it requires such a quick input :/
Highlighted: it seems this is the trick mentioned by FIOD, except I buffered into shield, apparently.

edit:

I just realized it's one of those tenki moments again. I swear I didn't plan this.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't love Atomsk. However, 2-stocking ADHD was pure comedic gold.
ADHD, WHY are you even playing this game?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You never talk to me at tournaments we're both at, and I know I've tried on at least one occasion.

If anything, it should be ME putting up that picture.
;-;

Oh, and congratsies btw on your win. That's pretty awesome.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im just upset that I tried to mindgame atomsk into playing sonic a couple months ago cus he said 'sonic is easy to learn I could probably pick him up and beat people in tourney with him in like 2 weeks.'

and than he actually did it...

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
wait wha....atomsk...2stocks ADHD....with sonic?

asfbnghufbLOOLaafvvjfhgbh

Tesh

Smash Hero
Was this actually in tournament? Or was it just friendlies? I thought ADHD lost to M2K and Anti.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm sure if he put on a pair of ears and a tail (or just a zangoose costume) you'd change your mind.
You're implying that I'm gay.
Which is funny, because I'm not.

Also, good stuff, ADHfree, you've just been added to the list of people who have lost to Sonic. :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
For future reference, ADHD, Diddy's dtilt makes our iSDR abuse on YI:B and Pictochat moot.

Dtilt clanks, then you guys get frame advantage.

Tenki

Smash Hero
You get a frame advantage for clanking moves?
Tornado I can understand - but d-tilt shouldn't give a frame advantage specifically since it's a single hit move vs single hit move. Maybe a positional advantage, but both chars should be about equal at that point.

Tesh

Smash Hero
AFAIK even if there was a frame advantage, Sonic would still be too far away to guarantee a hit with anything that isn't a high range fast jab (like squirtle). Or maybe he is talking about placing a banana in front of yourself and then cancelling spindash to make Sonic trip. But I can't imagine anyone falling for that often.

Top Bottom