• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I recorded a wifi match cuuuuuuuz I want some feedback before the tourney so I don't get totally ***** lol. I plan on going all sonic through winners but then busting the ROB out in losers cuz I don't want to do terrible or anything >.> sonic still needs work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eis6ofmY7g8

anyway i'd appreciate it if my sonicbros could help out a bit =] <3

also...I was just playing someone else and they asked if I was really X...LOL!
god sonic *****.

BSP

Smash Legend
Is colors worth the 50$

I want to get it really, but I'm really stingy at the same time lol.

@Stingers

Looked good.

When you get an U throw at low %, try shielding. Most people will either jump away, airdodge, or attack. If they jump away, next time you get a Uthrow at low %, you have a garunteed uair since you can't jump immediately out of hitstun. If they do the other two, just shield, wait, then regrab for another 11%, and then uair them cause they're going to try something else. Get a good 30% of one throw.

Don't Dthrow. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I hear you can get punished for it. Use it at the ledge or against people who can't tech it.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
lol yesss...my evil mindgames have worked on stingers to pick up sonic after having played him so much :cool:

as far as that match is concerned, I wont say much since it's just wifi and you're probably more of an offline player, so I'll just say don't randomly charge fsmash

but good start as a sonic, I'm liking the spring trap when he respawned n_nb

also forget peach in melee. Mewtwo da bes :mewtwo:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I recorded a wifi match cuuuuuuuz I want some feedback before the tourney so I don't get totally ***** lol. I plan on going all sonic through winners but then busting the ROB out in losers cuz I don't want to do terrible or anything >.> sonic still needs work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eis6ofmY7g8

anyway i'd appreciate it if my sonicbros could help out a bit =] <3

also...I was just playing someone else and they asked if I was really X...LOL!
god sonic *****.
I'm liking this Sonic, Stingers.

Try to incorporate some foxtrots. Like, it's great for baiting spotdodges, for me anyways. I like to run up and grab without hesitation and people tend to spotdodge it a bit.

I can't say much about the charged Fsmashes because I do them as well to bait responses. >.> I'm not condoning it but I'm not gonna tell you much otherwise. It would be a bit hypocritical to say something negative about it.

Fair is for Momentum Canceling. I saw Uair and Bair a few times.

You're not spindash happy which is great. You're focusing on the fundamentals first.

Overall, your Sonic is pretty solid.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Seeing these wifi matches makes me want to expand on my player roster.

Online I play people who really don't give a ****, except for Quest, a Diddy, a Ganon/GW player, a ROB, and a Pikachu player, and offline I have a Wario/MK player, a Falco, and a Game and Watch, and these guys I only play once a week, if that. I guess I need to venture and find others who wouldn't mind playing, but hey, "lol wifi."

/sobstory

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i just go to allisbrawl to find ppl on wifi since a lot of people use it

but thanks for the help guys =] and REALLY is sonic's foxtrot good? god I tried messing around with it a bit and I could swear his dash animation was over and I'd still dash attack out of it. I just need to get used to the timing I suppose.

and I thought I spindashed too much XD but if I'm not doing it a lot...that's cool too haha

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Yeah I do try when I play online, and I think everybody should. It's just that you should take the result with a grain of salt if the connection isn't good. Example: a diddy kong player challenged me to an MM at a tourney and I won 2-0. Then a week later he challenged me on AiB and the connection was iffy, and I got destroyed. so yeah, "lol wifi" in that case

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

but thanks for the help guys =] and REALLY is sonic's foxtrot good? god I tried messing around with it a bit and I could swear his dash animation was over and I'd still dash attack out of it. I just need to get used to the timing I suppose.

and I thought I spindashed too much XD but if I'm not doing it a lot...that's cool too haha
Sonic's foxtrot is a tool you'd have to grow accustomed to using. I just started using it.

On another note:

Could someone record these for me?

vs :toonlink:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E1QBOD16

vs :fox:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZD4DGOQU
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZM86WH9J
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X73EROGO

I might get more tomorrow. Woo.

Tenki

Smash Hero

It was pretty much spoiled by Tenki awhile back.
wasn't me, but I lol'd @ credit.

Ah, actually the foxtrot is good for the dashdance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioUt7qjfh6Y

So you can like, foxtrot away just to make them feel safe, then immediately turn around and get a grab in.

If you're trying to run in and do another move, like d-tilt or f-tilt, you're better off doing a screech stop (it's the one out of his full run).

Something I realized from Espy's matches is that just running and doing screech stop might be a good way to space on stage - since Sonic moves so quickly, doing a foxtrot backwards and pivoting forward again immediately might just put you back into the opponent's attack (ex: if they're on-stage doing SH airs), while moving away and waiting can push them to approach.

It is useful for getting some f-smashes in though, like foxtrotting through a spotdodge (or shield) then doing a pivot f-smash to punish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9oqJEXYMM

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh dang. that fsmash thing seems pretty useful. cant believe i never thought about stutter stepping out of a dash before haha. esp considering how old that video is

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Having owned and played Sonic 1,2 and 3 I don't see why everyone goes on about them like they're the best thing since sliced bread.

They were good games but come on. Well, not Sonic 2 but you know what I mean.
2 was amazing, what are you talking about.
also, most people just compare sonic games now to what they thought of sonic games back when they came out ~15 years ago. and back then people like browny didnt care about a compelling and interactive storyline, replayability and getting their moneys worth from a game. nothing will ever be as good for us at ~20 year old adults as it was for us as 6 and 7 year olds

Old mario games are better than old sonic games anyway. Sonic is just too late jumping on every bandwagon in sight.
that, sir, is a bold faced, GD lie. Anybody will tell you that s3+k was better than super mario world.
dont randomly charge fsmash

also a terrible terrible lie.

"lol wifi."

/sobstory
thats a cool story bro, feel free to continue sucking and playing with your sucky friends... OR... you could get online play some of the best people in the game, get feedback on how to get better, and improve your game...

but hey. lol wifi right?
I STILL cannot DDP. I'm the worst.
and you think youre going to out place me at siis...

youre hilarious.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Online I play people who really don't give a ****, except for Quest, a Diddy, a Ganon/GW player, a ROB, and a Pikachu player, and offline I have a Wario/MK player, a Falco, and a Game and Watch, and these guys I only play once a week, if that. I guess I need to venture and find others who wouldn't mind playing, but hey, "lol wifi."

/sobstory
Mm... allisbrawl was a really nice place to meet good and varying players though, speaking from '08. I mean, back then, like everyone played. If I'm to credit anyone for any ability I have to play Brawl now, it's all those amazing people I got to play often back then. Many of them have probably quit Brawl now (either wifi or competitively), but there are a few who still do.

Heck, AiB has a ladder, and there, people play to win all the time, lol.

The trick to playing wifi and getting better from it is to play thinking about your opponents' moves and working on reading them. Sure, you'll get hit by things that you shouldn't get hit by, and you'll hit people when you shouldn't, but as long as you play based on how you're thinking rather than if you're hitting, you'll profit from it.

As for deciding when you should or shouldn't trust hits: basically, if you hit them while they're: running, walking, standing, or just floating in midair, don't put much faith in it, since there's a chance they could have just shielded/jumped/dodged.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ugh, this is the first time I've had any real trouble with my ISP.

Then again though, it looks like Cox was out throughout the whole city. Mom called me earlier today just to tell me that the computers at the MGM Mirage wee down. She works there; they have Cox as their ISP as well.

*Ahem.*

Goggles, I need to address you first and foremost.

One, my elitist trolling is not to be taken seriously ever. I know very well what it's like to not be accepted into a community, especially one that you try to become a part of. I welcome anybody who wishes to play around with Sonic.

Two, there's either a huge misunderstanding, or a dire need of a quick update. My life sucked. As in past tense. You wouldn't believe how much better it became after my 18th birthday. I even told Dillard to "shut up" after he told me I walked like a girl. Even if that's true, I don't give a @#$% anymore and I don't need to listen to him; it feels so goooooooooooooooooood.

And that's just with my step-father too. Everything else about life's viewtiful too, and it's only going to get better as soon as I graduate HS/start college. I'll spare you the specific details, but I'm finally gonna make the most now that I'm not bound to certain obligations as a minor.

I don't think Kinzer broke it to you guys that D3 can Dthrow CG-->Usmash Sonic guaranteed. Pobreciiiiito.
Apparently I'm too slow (no thanks to my internet being down for a day), but Espy already said how I linked it. Just nobody made a post about it here I s'pose.

and @#$%ing-

I couldn't get the data today. I had to settle for getting more medals in Colors. I really want to get the blasted data sometime soon.

Not tonight though, more PreCalculus.

i might pick up colors seeing as how it was received here
You sure that's a good idea? This is the Sonic sub-forum. It's only somewhat expected that it will be well-received here.

I am surprised no one seemed excited Super Sonic was in Colors.
Looks like we all had a general idea.

whats the difference between having them separate/together??
Nobody mentioned it yet, but there is a boos fight that's only playable in the first Sonic 3 game that you can't fight in S3&K or S&K. Not sure if that's enough to want you to buy the game by itself, but just FYI.

Old mario games are better than old sonic games anyway. Sonic is just too late jumping on every bandwagon in sight.
Are you just trying to start a war around here or something? :X Ugh, and I would go into detail about why Sonic Colors is much better than SSE, but again this is all personal preference and I like how Sonic Colors isn't just a 2D side-scroller and keeps some flavor with transitions to the third dimension.

Is colors worth the 50$

I want to get it really, but I'm really stingy at the same time lol.
If you really liked Sonic Unleashed Daytime levels, go ahead.

If you don't have the money to buy a whole game with nothing but that, just buy it used or wait until it drops in price.

Um.... so I might get Colors used, IDK.
Same goes for you.

*Stuff about Foxtrot that I didn't quote.*
Watch Espy's videos. You'll immediately see the benefit of mastering Sonic's movement. He's the one out of all of us who seems to encouragement it consistently and frequently in his game.

that, sir, is a bold faced, GD lie. Anybody will tell you that s3+k was better than super mario world.
This. This a thousand times.

I'm falling behind on so much stuff, I hate it. Christmas Break just cannot come fast enough.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Kinzer, there is no "additional boss fight" with S3&K. All of the bosses in either game can be accessed in some way, shape, or form.

The MAJOR changes were pretty much:

- Tails in S&K Levels
- Knuckles in S3 Levels

- Super Emeralds + Hyper Sonic, Hyper Knuckles, and Super Tails
- Combination of all mini-games throughout the collective S3&K levels.
- Enhanced Boss Fights with Knuckles in S3 levels.
- Altered Music

The ones in yellow were a super big deal, because Tails and Knuckles gave players access to special portions of zones in S3 (Knuckles) and S&K (Tails) that you just couldn't get to with the other characters. Knuckles in particular for this one, because he accessed COMPLETELY difference areas that neither Sonic nor Tails could reach in the S3 levels.

Fun Fact: If you tried to Debug Sonic and Tails through to Knuckles' portions of the S3 levels, the game typically resets on you. Funny stuff. The super/hyper forms were also pretty sick too. Definitely warranted an additional play through for each character just to see how broken they are.

That leaves S3&K with possibly the most replay value in the entire Genesis era:
- Sonic (w/o Emeralds)
- Sonic (w/ Emeralds)
- Sonic (w/ Super Emeralds)
- Tails (w/o Emeralds)
- Tails (w/ Emeralds)
- Tails (w/ Super Emeralds)
- Knuckles (w/o Emeralds)
- Knuckles (w/ Emeralds)
- Knuckles (w/ Super Emeralds)

Sonic gets at least one more additional replay through if you decide to let Tails tag along. I wouldn't count him for the emerald run through because frankly, you wont be using Tails at all once you get the Emeralds, with the exception of Marble Garden Zone Act 2.

@KID: X doesn't do half the things you're supposed to do as Sonic. Just sayin'. Personally, I think that's an additional reason for why he does so well. He does NONE of the things you'd expect a Sonic to do. It leaves him unpredictable at times.

PS: Foxtrotting is incredible for match ups where the idea is for you to stay in motion for as long as possible *coughtoonlinkcough*. The mobility and ease of direction swaps is incredible, and your options are still plentiful enough to keep the opponent guessing during the DDPs.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Nobody mentioned it yet, but there is a boos fight that's only playable in the first Sonic 3 game that you can't fight in S3&K or S&K. Not sure if that's enough to want you to buy the game by itself, but just FYI.
Actually, iirc, you can still fight that boss if playing as Knuckles. (Assuming that boss is the red one with spikes on top and grabs you, the one at the end of Sonic 3, that would get skipped in S3&K)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
In S3&K, Knuckles takes on the third boss of Launch Base Act 2, whereas Sonic does not. Maybe because Sonic goes through one more zone than Knuckles, who knows.

@wifi feedback, the reason I don't mess with the AIB ladder is because it doesn't interest me much. Regardless, I checked the site and saw the "Free Play" section that I never saw before for some reason, lol. Problem solved, sorta.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If by one, you mean several, then I agree with you, Storm.

- Sky Sanctuary
- Death Egg Zones 1-2
- Doomsday Zone

Not to mention Knuckles' versions of Hidden Palace Zone and Sky Sanctuary were completely different.

Sonic also had Knuckles as a boss, and Knuckles is the only character to fight Super Mecha Sonic, and Robotnik's final machine in S3 Launch Base Act 2 (only when they are attached, obviously. Sonic and Tails can fight it in S3).

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Man, y'all gettin' mad technical with me here. ;~;

Sure, Knuckles can fight that supposed "final boss" of Sonic 3, but that's only if you have both games. I'm talking about if you only have Sonic 3 by itself.

P.S., to my knowledge you can't play against that boss if you're Sonic & Tails, Sonic, or Tails if you have S3&K (and obviously just S&K).

Also I'm super picky, I liked the atmosphere and the strategy involved with that boss as Sonic & Tails. I did not enjoy using Knuckles against that boss. I was kind of disappointed to find out in my first full playthrough of Sonic & Tails that the specific boss was not there anymore.

Also Chis, are you taking music requests?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
quit trolling me kinzer

i havent owned a sonic game since game gear

and you think youre going to out place me at siis...

youre hilarious.
hope you enjoy the ride and watch out for some of the religious signs i saw going down to the last siis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_71

since you'll prolly take 71 watch out for the southern lebannon bridge...its an absolutely huge bridge that goes over a valley

the **** thing needs to get repaired

Trent

Smash Champion
I've got an audition today that pretty much decides the rest of my life and future today as an actor.

Stupid nerves.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I've got an audition today that pretty much decides the rest of my life and future today as an actor.

Stupid nerves.
Oh hey! I didn't know you were an actor too!

I'm looking into a future of voice acting myself, but acting in general is my drive and dream career. Well, not so much a dream as much as I just make it happen soon!

Best of luck, Trent! Go get 'em.

Tenki

Smash Hero
@wifi feedback, the reason I don't mess with the AIB ladder is because it doesn't interest me much. Regardless, I checked the site and saw the "Free Play" section that I never saw before for some reason, lol. Problem solved, sorta.
lol

I'm not all too interested in it either, in terms of ranking, but like I said, if you want to play vs people who actually try and/or might even be good, that one's a nice place to use online.

------------

also,
hardcoar sonic fans up in here.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sega needs to make Sonic Adventure 3, im waiting for it!!!
A game with a compelling storyline and/or the ability to choose between characters? A mix of platforming with a more predominant focus on momentum-gaining speed?

Then there's the fact that Sonic Unleashed is also called Sonic World Adventure.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Infzy go play 1 2 & 3... ur not a real sonic fan unless u beat @ least 1 of em... dey remake em waaaaaay 2 much 4 excuses

B_AWAL

Smash Master
& sonic adventure 1 & 2 were fun wit sonic styled(sonic, tails in sa1, shadow) levels & e-102 styled lvls(e192 dr robotnik & tails in sa2) was fun as well...

Sega is tryina keep up wit nintendo & failin... =/ although they have learn that sonic has the BEST fans ever! Name a game character that has more dedicated fans...

Top Bottom