• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I won't be able to get a copy of Sonic Colors until this weekend, at best.
I also just got Sonic 4, but I haven't had a chance to really sit down and play it.

Kinda sucks.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
I picked up Sonic Colors yesterday morning right when Gamestop opened up. I played 2 stages last night and it's really fun. Also a guy scared me when I was waiting for the bus from UNLV to Boulevard Mall. I'm no longer going to take the route anymore for a while.
wtf????
how will you get to the mall now?? lol

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I wish I was back in High School, and could cram a game that hard.
Good times.
That.

I got Colors last night, but didn't bust it out until this morning. I'm at Sweet Mountain Act 1 atm. I'll probably have the storyline beat by Friday, with classes and work in between.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... Must... resist... elitist... tempt... ta... tio-

Ah to Hell with this!

Get out, right now! Go home and play Sonic 3 & Knuckles and be an epilepsy-inducing hedgehog... man... thingy...!

gdnihnuhuh8uuphdhijo[htedjrtu

In the mean time, I'll play Colors. I heard good things about it.

:093:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
So Sonic colors legit? I was watching gameplay vids of it and i actually dont know if i should buy it now. I like Sonic Adventure like open 3d worlds that are interactive and you can explore. It didn't seem like that. Robotnik is too good though in the cutscenes, they did a good job with them. It seemed like they put more effort into the backgrounds than the actual platforms and levels seemed repetitive. I wish they would make sonic adventure 3.

infomon

Smash Scientist
There probably weren't any good Sonic games released during his lifetime.

Until maybe recently, and you yourself haven't even played those games.

:p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Until maybe recently, and you yourself haven't even played those games.

:p
Sonic Rush, Daytime Unleashed, and Sonic 4 says get the **** out of here too, Infzy.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i'm 17 lol.
I never owned a genesis or anything so I just never really got into sonic.
'cept in brawl, hes pretty fun

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
At least pirate the Advance series, stingers.

Or play Sonic 1, 2, or 3. It's almost impossible NOT to play them in some way, shape, or form.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Sonic Rush, Daytime Unleashed, and Sonic 4 says get the **** out of here too, Infzy.
hmmmmmm
I never played any of those games.....
I never owned a genesis or anything....

silly espy.

Edit: wait nevermind I misread "Unleashed".... hahahahahahahaha. We were talking about good sonic games, I believe. Cutting out 70% of the game and calling it "good" is silly. Yeah, I had the wii version :p

actually I reeeally liked some of the werehog levels

I probably shouldn't be here

:054:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Gameplay in Sonic Colors looked pretty boring tbh. Looks like a horrible version of super mario galaxy. Does the game pick up after the first.....5 levels? Or is it all trash?

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Speed such a ***.
Didn't confirm with his ride to great revival until the last minute.
Leaving me without a LT doubles partner. Regular singles I might be able to make chimpakt team with me because my ride is taking him as well.
And we totally had a free ride to GFs with double sonic vs all these low tier characters.

Browny

Smash Hater
Gameplay in Sonic Colors looked pretty boring tbh. Looks like a horrible version of super mario galaxy. Does the game pick up after the first.....5 levels? Or is it all trash?
There really does exist a point where nostalgia/classic formula isnt enough to stop a game from being boring.

I dont get it. Sonic colours looks like it plays the exact same as Heroes which was lame enough. How much fun can one have with a decade-long outdated gameplay >_<

IDK man. I never really liked Sonic games but I watch gameplay videos of this and im like... How is this fun. Same argument applies to the likes of goldeneye 64. People think 'classic' gameplay is great, until they actually play it lol

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So Sonic colors legit? I was watching gameplay vids of it and i actually dont know if i should buy it now. I like Sonic Adventure like open 3d worlds that are interactive and you can explore. It didn't seem like that. Robotnik is too good though in the cutscenes, they did a good job with them. It seemed like they put more effort into the backgrounds than the actual platforms and levels seemed repetitive. I wish they would make sonic adventure 3.
If you enjoyed Daytime levels of Unleashed, you'll probably find a day to waste on this game.

They actually made the gimmicks not gimmicky and work too. It only sucks if you try to get all the Red Medals/S Rank but otherwise the levels play out fairly well. Admittingly, it does seem repetitive, but I don't mind playing the same good gameplay over and over. Definitely a huge improvement over what they've been putting out as of the last couple of years.

I'm going to see if getting all S Ranks/Red Medals do anything other than give you cheap replay value.

Shut up, I'm an oldman***.

I don't know what gameplay videos you're watching, but it's certainly nothing of a fast-paced platformer.

There is nothing that I could complain about this game other than it being really short (I played it today at 2, it's almost 10 and I'm supposedly finished with playing through all the levels not including the Sonic Simulator).

Camera worked decently, things behaved as expected (except in one case where I lazered myself into the wall in the first level but I haven't been able to replicate it. I didn't have to reset the game to get out either), dialogue; although not in any way impacting the gameplay, is comical, and lastly just some good clean fun.

Yeah, I'd say 9/10 is reasonable. The game was just too short and the levels needed just a little bit more variety. Maybe something like mini-games or something but I am not gonna lie, replay value ain't looking too promising.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Son, that ain't nothing. Everybody can vouch for me when I say I've written much, much, much more than a short game review.

Edit: Now my chance to use this! I'm the Yukkuri.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Eh okay, I feel this quick post is warranted, and this thread only gets the most traffic out of any of them.

The D3 matchup may need revision.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11622500#post11622500

Feels like it's back to 6:4 for us. Shoot, just when I was thinking it could very well be dead even within reason.

I'm going to see about the decay of D-Throw, since another Researcher did it for Lucario.

Top Bottom