• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I'm thinking I may have to block AWAL due to the way he writes. Nothing personal, but ****. Whenever I read something this ***** writes, I wanna smash my computer screen. I understand that you want to get your messages out quick, but ****. Sometimes I have to reread your sentences with all of your abbreviations once or twice to figure out what the **** you're saying lmao.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Wedge I swear if u replaced my **** wit my name... ud give sum amazing head. Da way u have my name coming out yo mouth is ridiculous. Srsly dude... u get so easily upset with me over something so silly I could easily confused u with a female I'm dogging out(not that I do it intentionally or condone it). ignore me & stfu. Stop being a ***** *** lil kid on da boards ok? We are grown *** men. Act like it. Dis is my last post 2 u since ur supposedly a troll ;) dm me or post a message on my wall if u got anything else 2 say.

Movin on... sum1 do me a favor and gimme a song 2 start off a party with... I'm djing in orlando & don't kno which song 2 start off with 2morrow.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
wedge i swear if u replaced my **** wit my name... Ud give sum amazing head. da way u have my name coming out yo mouth is ridiculous. srsly dude... U get so easily upset with me over something so silly i could easily confused u with a female i'm dogging out(not that i do it intentionally or condone it). Ignore me & stfu. Stop being a ***** azz lil kid on da boards ok? We are grown azz men. Act like it. dis is my last post 2 u since ur supposedly a troll ;) dm me or post a message on my wall if u got anything else 2 say.

Movin on... Sum1 do me a favor and gimme a song 2 start off a party with... I'm djing in orlando & don't kno which song 2 start off with 2morrow.
you see? This is exactly what i'm talking about!
Supposedly a troll? I thought it was a well known fact.
And I am a "***** azz lil kid." ***** I'm fifteen.

Well *****s, I'm gonna get some sleep before my first tourney in a few months tomorrow. I always come out of inactivity and go right back in due to an overload of school work lol. I'm hoping I can come back to tournies for good this time.
It's ya boy J.G. Scourgeworth, and we out.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So I played Sonic Colors finally last night. Just the first three acts.
That game is more fun than I anticipated.

Tenki

Smash Hero
:/ too bad it's not a MU discussion thread - just a place for ganon mains/seconds to post how they feel. I sort of second Ganon the same way I 'second' Falcon or PT - and all that means is that they suck much more than my Sonic lol.

I always felt it to be more even-ish. I think the big issue here is the startup/end lag of some of Ganon's attacks - his U-air and D-air specifically. He can SH both of them fairly laglessly, and a tipman U-air can hit you on the ground or unexpectedly send you lower than you feel you should be.

Also, if the Ganon player is good, you can expect 20-40% (or even death) if he counters something like say, a spindash with a side-B. There was this really cool ganon who lived in GA who went by ZeonStar who had really good reflexes (grab breaks insanely, and techchased really well) but he either moved on to B+- or quit altogether.

I probably credit any of my own Ganon shenanigans outside of my ganoncide troll setups to him.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
I thought sonic v ganon was **** for sonic until vermanubis 2 stocked me in my first tourney :glare: lol. But then again Verm is really good and I'm...anyways, Ganon's u-air hit me a lot and down-b racked up damage whenever he read me well.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Autocancelling isn't a big deal if you still have a bunch of end lag before you touch the ground. If you take the matchup as seriously as you would a Snake or Falco, its not even close to even. Aside from some buffered follow-ups, Ganon's tech chase game isn't nearly as relaible as Snake's.

Its not unwinnable for Ganon, but a good Ganon vs a good Sonic...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
its not uncommon to see a select few low tiers have a pretty even match up against mid/high tier characters

Zelda is considered pretty evenish for DDD

Tenki

Smash Hero
Autocancelling isn't a big deal if you still have a bunch of end lag before you touch the ground.
Right. His u-air can be thought to have either low or high start/ending lag depending on which way he's facing you (since his leg sweeps around), but his d-air is pretty susceptible to that kind of thing. It basically lasts the length of his shorthop.

He's a campy character similar to Sonic (that is, he's not the kind of character to just SH missed aerials), except that he hits like a truck and has laggier moves and can't run for his life. Empty SH's are his fakeouts.

Also, If you get caught in a grounded side-B, if he walks towards you, he has a much better chance at punishing or chainchoking (reflexively).

As far as expectations for a 'good ganon': they shouldn't be wasting aerials - empty SH can be tricky, and ohmygod their choke followups can be dangerous - it's not an approach as it is a punishment kind of move.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Well, I'm leaving great revival. I'm ****ing pissed. I placed 7th in LT doubles, beat kai's diddy in a money match, but then along came metaknight.
I had a 10% lead and was about to clock Doom out game 3 on delfino. But then comes this broken-*** rogue dsmash that loses me the match that I honestly feel I should have won. Not to say doom didn't work hard for his win, but MK is just too ****ing unbeatable. Even when you're about to beat him, he still wins.
And then they took forever to call singles matches, so I just up and left before my round 2 match was even called.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Well, I'm leaving great revival. I'm ****ing pissed. I placed 7th in LT doubles, beat kai's diddy in a money match, but then along came metaknight.
I had a 10% lead and was about to clock Doom out game 3 on delfino. But then comes this broken-*** rogue dsmash that loses me the match that I honestly feel I should have won. Not to say doom didn't work hard for his win, but MK is just too ****ing unbeatable. Even when you're about to beat him, he still wins.
And then they took forever to call singles matches, so I just up and left before my round 2 match was even called.
You told me you tripped into his dsmash. you coulda won...tripping is just gay. ugh i should have been there.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wait you payed money and then left cuz it was taking too long?

But you whupped that Diddy right? Did you get him with the fancy ASCGT zig zag special? Its ballerific. Spinballing out of control.

Right. His u-air can be thought to have either low or high start/ending lag depending on which way he's facing you (since his leg sweeps around), but his d-air is pretty susceptible to that kind of thing. It basically lasts the length of his shorthop.

He's a campy character similar to Sonic (that is, he's not the kind of character to just SH missed aerials), except that he hits like a truck and has laggier moves and can't run for his life. Empty SH's are his fakeouts.

Also, If you get caught in a grounded side-B, if he walks towards you, he has a much better chance at punishing or chainchoking (reflexively).

As far as expectations for a 'good ganon': they shouldn't be wasting aerials - empty SH can be tricky, and ohmygod their choke followups can be dangerous - it's not an approach as it is a punishment kind of move.
Wrong place for this conversation but here I go....

Now see the problem most folks have with Ganon is that they rush in stupidly thinking "lol ganondurf can't punish". Then they get punished by something horribly slow like Dair, which leads into other things very easily. Then they panic being at a percent disadvantage and get wrecked. The same thing happens if you rush Ivysaur, Snake, DDD, Metaknight etc like its a joke. Ganon can't really do anything against sonics evade and counter game. Even empty short hops leave plenty of lag to punish, because he HAS to use aerials in specific ways to avoid huge endlag. He also jumps very slowly and has more landing lag than most. This coupled with an overall slow moveset makes it very punishable to even move around.

As for low lag things like tipman and autocancelled bair/nair. These things actually don't hit low enough to the ground to deal with spindash or dash attack. If he jumps all you have to do is dash attack his landing.

Yo guys I think Spindash true combos into homing attack, someone test it out!

Tenki

Smash Hero
Wrong place for this conversation but here I go....

Now see the problem most folks have with Ganon is that they rush in stupidly thinking "lol ganondurf can't punish". Then they get punished by something horribly slow like Dair, which leads into other things very easily. Then they panic being at a percent disadvantage and get wrecked. The same thing happens if you rush Ivysaur, Snake, DDD, Metaknight etc like its a joke. Ganon can't really do anything against sonics evade and counter game. Even empty short hops leave plenty of lag to punish, because he HAS to use aerials in specific ways to avoid huge endlag. He also jumps very slowly and has more landing lag than most. This coupled with an overall slow moveset makes it very punishable to even move around.

As for low lag things like tipman and autocancelled bair/nair. These things actually don't hit low enough to the ground to deal with spindash or dash attack. If he jumps all you have to do is dash attack his landing.

Yo guys I think Spindash true combos into homing attack, someone test it out!
Good points. I've partly felt that the Ganondorf thing might have been a player issue more than a matchup thing, since 2-3 good reads from him were all he needed to kill. Also, I hadn't really adopted the hit-run playstyle at the time.

spindash > HA (aka wifi combo) might be a true combo at certain % with a not-so-stale spindash. I killed Umby's Marth with it in a MM I lost like, months ago.

Life

Smash Hero
We need to call it "Sonic Hues" so we can avoid spelling disputes.

On an unrelated note, I just got *this* close to beating Sonic 1 for the first time, got overconfident in Final Zone though and am now back to square 1... v_v

And of course I still need to do a Chaos Emerald run after that.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Got Sonic Colours today. Done Sweet Mountain and the 1st stage of Star Light Carnival (I think thats what its called, don't have it on me right now)

Its...its colourful for sure. I like it so far but my main gripes are the controllings of Sonic. The controls are fine but its weird cause I feel like I'm playing Unleashed which had a different control scheme. The 'Laser' Wisp power up is rubbish though - how on earth do you get that thing to work properly???
I wish you could Quick Step and Drift in all 3D environments, turning can be a bit of a pain sometimes

And oh my word, Sonic's jumping is TERRIBLE. Absolutely terrible! The worst part is easily that strange 'floating' he does when he's going for a full jump. And lol at his '2nd jump'. It makes Brawl Peach's 2nd jump look like the 'Rocket' Wisp powerup...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic Colors is too floaty, has no combos, doesn't require any tech skill.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...where the hell is it? I think I'm missing that one. LOL
There's a part where you have to get the drill wisp, collect all the rings and/or destroy the three bombs that happen to form a triangle which are surrounded by the rings. Wait a moment. ???. Profit.

Now somebody tell me how to S Rank that blasted stage. I try to do speed runs, no good. Then I go out of my way to get some of the rings/bonuses, and I still only get an A rank.

:093:

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I finally got Colors/Colours. Amazing game so far. Doesn't seem like much is holding this game down unlike previous 3D Sonics. The length seems a bit eh, however. I'm seemingly halfway through the main portion of the game in under 2 hours. I know I'm supposed to collect stuff to extend my time spent playing. But some of these 1 minute long stages seem a tiny bit shallow.

Starlight Zone (think thats what its called) Act 1 was amazing though.

BSP

Smash Legend
I haven't touched much into colors yet. I'm going to wait till tomorrow when I'm wide awake to fully go into it.

Top Bottom