• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
:( whats the best way to run away bb

on sonic obvi, im running as fast as these stick legs can carry me
i cant give you an honest opinion because the snakes i play always know how im gonna run away, blah blah, read, blah blah. The ones that dont...i just kinda can fight them. I dont really have to time em out (cept ally. :mad: ) One of those snakes KID should know really well. :(

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
idk im rly enjoying playing sonic

if only for his mobility

dude shadow is like why your pokemon look so **** like

infomon

Smash Scientist
MKs always look so jumpy when they vs. sonic. They need to relax more imo
lol, yeah..... like they keep using 'nado over and over, which seems to just reset things to a very unpredictable neutral state: either nobody gets hit (common), or the nado does a small amount of damage (common), or sonic can punish it with something medium-strength (not as often but still too often), or the MK can fake-out the sonic into a punisher (dsmash or up-b usually) (rare).

SO why do MKs do this?? It seems like they don't know what else to do in this matchup; Sonic's charging a spindash, so they think "ha I'll catch them in a nado!" and everyone is made of lol.

Also, some serious stylin' on an MK is X vs. Tyrant round 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2et8moxaUA

Browny

Smash Hater
Heh...

Someone posted somewhere in the oli boards that they wanted to main sonic now after seeing X and Espy, citing something like 'I want my matches to be faster, olimar is too slow and boring' or something similar.

I guess they havent actually realised that Sonic matches are probably the longest in the entire game on average rofl.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if people want fast and entertaining, they should play fox. if they want to move quickly in super drawn out matches, then they should play sonic.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
if people want fast and entertaining, they should play fox. if they want to move quickly in super drawn out matches, then they should play sonic.
if they want hard counters they play fox

if they want to be able to have fun unique mix ups they play sonic

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if they want to mindgame the balls off of people by learning matchups and ****** characters that supposedly hard counter you, pick fox.

if they want to mindgame the hell out of themselves by learning character gimmicks and then getting ***** by a character that they didnt know counters them, pick sonic.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I started with Sonic from the very beginning. Hell, I started before I even knew he was in Brawl. My first video game was Sonic the Hedgehog in 1991. And I was 2 years old.

He's one of my most favorite video game characters of all time. Heck, favorite characters in GENERAL.

I'm proud of the reasons why I play him. Tier lists and the competition/counterpicking/whatever can take a backseat to just me doing the best that I can with the character I love. It's gotten me pretty far where I am I'd like to say.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
in all fairness, there are a lot of players out there who sonic is their favorite character just like us, but they choose to not use him for whatever reason.

Like when I met biglou, he told me sonic was his favorite character but he cant stand using a character that cant kill.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
And then you get players like some of us, who defy that whole "Sonic can't kill" ordeal and run with it. Sonic's good; you just need to try harder than most.

Hard work = SO REWARDING.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
hey does anyone know if Sonic Colors requires an update? I havent updated since I got my Wii. I don't want to update because... well... you know... i cant say because ill get infracted HINT HINT

Tenki

Smash Hero
Didn't we have a Sonic surge before? We got all elitist on them since we stuck it out with a character that was 5th from the bottom at first. lol
I'm pretty sure it was just spam filtering the people who were just sonic fanboys from the people who wanted to use him and actually try to win lol;;

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
*insert old, repeated post about history with brawl, boredom with winning with Falco and Olimar, bet made with college friends to pick up Sonic, and subsequent "**** you, Sonic!" comments when I won games anyway*

That said, DDD is becoming a ton of fun to play for me, so I nay get to using him more alongside Sonic, lol.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Randomly, you know how you can platform cancel easier by doing an input (ex: hitting a shield button) while holding down?

Alternatively, you can flick the control stick from down to left/right.

not sure if that makes it easier for anyone lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
hey does anyone know if Sonic Colors requires an update? I havent updated since I got my Wii. I don't want to update because... well... you know... i cant say because ill get infracted HINT HINT
As long as you have Gecko, and run the game through that, you should be fine.

Top Bottom