• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
lol

I've always liked Sonic but I've never really played any of the games besides the one on Sega Dreamcast
No Sonic 3 & Knuckles?

Find it~! Emulate it if you have to, it's a mighty good game.

Working 60 hour work weeks is dumb. If I had more time I'd have time to keep not playing this game.

:093:
This guy knows what's up.

I just have no life so I have nothing better to do.

Oh wait, I do.

I have Hisoutensoku.

That's hardly any different from Brawl, but at least it's a decent fighter that comes with the best Playboy Mansion Bodyguard you could ever ask for.

BRB.

No wait I'm lying. Be back.

Edit: No, Boxob mains Melee.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I might play it one day

I have to get some sleep so I can leave for NJ in the morning

Goodnight Sonic boards, and I'll see a few of you in 2 days I suppose =)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm gonna try to go to the next Phase in a couple of weeks, but I may have to do college stuff. If I don't have to do that, maybe I can play some other Sonics when I go.

The last Phase was fun, but I had to play Trela and Dphat back to back in bracket, so I didn't last very long, lol. If I do go, I hope to have better luck this time around.

Browny

Smash Hater
Yeah the story was amazingly original and great (a VERY rare sight these days) but idk... For a movie which centred around a small group of people, the character development was thrown aside for the story. While thats fine and all, none of the characters were memorable at all. Not being cliche is good, but not being interesting isnt much better :/

It should win awards relating to the screenplay and maybe music though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
based on how the story was told and the mechanics of the world they were in, they didnt need character development, the only characters that mattered, were

dude
dude's wife

and to a much lesser extent
college girl.

best picture, imo

Browny

Smash Hater
Now that I see the list of other movies which would compete... yeah its a shoe in lol.

Toy Story 3 would but is that even eligible, being an animation?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
That theme gives me an Indiana Jones feeling. It tries too hard to let you know it's an orchestra song.

Sonic Colors Menu though? Wondrous.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
hmm i have seen inception yet but i think i might :/

Pluton

Smash Rookie
No ****ing tournaments near my ****ing city not even in 20 of the 100 counties around me.****ed up.How do you get the sonic symbol beside your name btw.

Browny

Smash Hater
Have people suddenly forgotten to go a rising airdodge out of spring to avoid getting grabbed?

This is unbelievable, in a bad way.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I got Cypher-grabbed by a MK at the OKGamers tourney because I forgot about airdodging. But I think I was at a point to where if I did the airdodge anyway, I would have fallen out of ledgesnap range. It was disheartening.

Especially since I went Yoshi second game, and got "Cypher-grabbed" again somehow.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Or

you could just do the thing that the smart sonics do and not recover low like that.

you never ever have to recover that low unless you choose to.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If someone is that close to the ledge to grab you out of spring, you can also use homing attack. I would definitely recomend it at lower percents. Spring fail= definitely dead. Homing attack will likely just be punished with an aerial that you can DI better and recover high.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Well I saw him playing. He was pretty good and he didn't dair after spring like I would have done, on SO many occasions lol. I watched him and I was thinking in my mind what I would do next. I thought "C-stick down!" but he just did fair at the height of the spring jump...

And that's a good thing, it shows how bad I am with dair habits as opposed to other Sonics.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
@ToonySonic: I wanted to play u too man!! I was looking 4 u :/ umm i dont know! Im a last minute hedgehog xD just let me know where ur going dude!

@KID: 4 now he will be under your wing xD i found out i dont know how to fight pikachu thanks to pikapika haha. He was soo hard. 2 stocked first game then last stock last hit last game. Gotta get that match up down. Our pikachu never uses him vs sonic but imma ask for match up help.

Also in other news guys! I met Lucky (the first sonic ever) in the melee section! He came over to brawl to play me xD 2 and 3 stock. He didnt know the new stuff but he is still hella good! He played speed too. Im tryna get him back to sonic but he might quit when he plays mk.

Also in other news i officially know how to fight ice climbers now :D i beat every ice climber i played at apex. Asc footstool works wonders with follow and cross ups. I feel like im getting better at this game. Kinda upset i got ***** in second round pools but oh well lol. Everyone gets trashed once in awhile i guess. Ugh....profound sadness....

Top Bottom