• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

NCdabess

Smash Cadet
How do i get better i played sum1 online and he wrecked me w/ evry character in the game EXCEPT ganon and dedede....help plx and no im not switching mains im only playing sonic...4ever

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
How do i get better i played sum1 online and he wrecked me w/ evry character in the game EXCEPT ganon and dedede....help plx and no im not switching mains im only playing sonic...4ever
Without any videos to watch of you, we can only give you general advice. Try looking out for your opponents' habits, try to find your own habits and work them out, drop Wi-Fi, yada yada yada.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
How's it going guys? It's been awhile since I've been on here. I've picked up brawl again and of course I'm sticking with the hedgehog.

Also, I'm turrable, just turrable :l

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
I played prauwn or w/e his name. Also fino is good too! And of course i played meep aswell again. He ***** me for free before but we played alot and he helped me with the match up. With our last set i didnt need freaking yoshi's island :D i love meep. He is helpful alot bro. I got lucky on our match at fd and did a ******** gimp for a lucky win. But his fox dude is another story. Veeeerrryyy scary. I think he is gonna be a fox main now. Also i think i can get him to start using sonic too bwahahah!!

:i know ur name searching Meep so post!!!! Tell the world of your Sonic!

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
I think cyber was there to see the meep set but i played the others alone. I think cyber played him once aswell

Cyber's sonic is pretty good. He has some odd mix ups that even caught me offguard. I think all he would need is to see how others play certain matchups and add it to his own style and he would be even more beast. Also his first round pool was pretty difficult so i really feel for him :/ malCum and speed alone would have turned me off

Edit: sorry for the double post. My phone is acting weird. My badz tch.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
tommygreenshirt is comin back to ny, and me and him are going into the hyperbolic time chamber... and were gonna come out on that 2011 crazy **** status.

also, coney said on stream that trent would have beaten him in pools if he didnt sd so much.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Yea i've been asking coney some match up advice vs D3 and he told me to go to trent. Apparently Trent is better vs D3 than speed and me. I could believe it man. So many sonics with so many styles.

Also KID. Alot of people mentioned you at apex saying they played you. This snake player named billy mentioned u. And this wolf player in my pools. Way to be famous guy haha. Btw...billy ***** 4 free out here.

BSP

Smash Legend
Will someone else go to tact. Discussion and tell them that if Sonic's touching the bottom of the stage when he homing attacks, he's going to hit it NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS >.>

Browny

Smash Hater
meh, its pointless, they never listen. its absurd how people still dont know that.

These are the same people who argue that sheik has MANY options... lol

BSP

Smash Legend
Apparantly, you need a purple name to convince people about 08' Sonic info.

Oh well.

I need to go to bed...

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
I dont know chis but he is incredible!

And yeeeee mdrn comin back!! I missed you mah duuude!

Speed played brood in a set and went third game with him and beat em. I think japan doesnt know about Yoshi's island.

BSP

Smash Legend
All right..if anyone ever uses ruleset 3.1, here's the plan: Run-> Dash Attack->under the stage, HA until you win :D

Or, we can be men and fight to the death. Our pick.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Homing Attack under the level can and will be considered stalling, and is therefore banned in tournaments.

Worst part is that it's up to TO discretion, meaning that though improbable and incredibly unlikely, it's still possible for a TO to disqualify a Sonic player for doing a single Homing Attack under the level.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
@ToonySonic: I wanted to play u too man!! I was looking 4 u :/ umm i dont know! Im a last minute hedgehog xD just let me know where ur going dude!
Well I might go to a Mass Madness if they have more, and I might be going to Pound 5 (not sure yet, it's a plane's ride away which = big $$$)

Are you going to either of those..?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Homing Attack under the level can and will be considered stalling, and is therefore banned in tournaments.

Worst part is that it's up to TO discretion, meaning that though improbable and incredibly unlikely, it's still possible for a TO to disqualify a Sonic player for doing a single Homing Attack under the level.
Isn't it possible to reach them still? It's just a very very dangerous situation and can risk your stock.

Unfair as that is, they are still reachable, unlike, say, DAir'ing under the Pirate Ship and positioning yourself under there so you can't be reached. But, against SOME characters I can understand how the homing attack under a level can be banned.

People like Snake/MK/anyone who can reach him though and screw him over though? Yeah don't do the homing attack like that. lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's identified through the definition of stalling, Kuraudo. It may be punishable (and is), but as long as it's considered to be a valid action under the stalling rule, it will be banned.

Meta Knight's planking is the same in the sense that there's a very similar level of Risk vs. Reward in stopping it. The problem is that prolonged actions of HA is considered stalling, while Meta Knight's planking isn't.

You'd have to convince a significant majority in the BBR that you'd need to ban MK's planking in order to be consistent with the stalling of Homing Attack under a level. The problem with that would then be to have them make that surgical change to MK over banning him, which will be incredibly difficult to execute.

=====

In short, it sucks, but HA is stalling, and so long as it's considered stalling, it is banned.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think 100% of the cast can damage sonic while under the stage. Most characters can stagespike him. Its just that alot of characters have to kill themselves to even try. I'd be pretty bored doing a homing stall anyway. Its useless against MK and Snake so its not going to get you any money

Btw I was on that apex stream on Sunday, brood was amazing. He destroyed Ally comfortably and then his first match with M2K was amazing. He got 3 stocked. Hard. He didn't even get 100% landed on M2k, but he brought it back and M2k could only defeat him once more by timing him out on Rainbow Cruise(it was really gay). Brood didn't do so well against DEHF though.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
God you guys are so **** fly. I've got a Sonic & Knuckles cap like those on my dresser right now. lol And I still got the Chaos Emeralds. Speed, if I ever meet you, I may sell you one of the ones I have.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Burden of proof is on you guys, DJ.

Maybe it would be "fixed" if you stopped trying to make it a point to criticize every little thing the BBR does that irks you, and you actually got up and did something about it yourself.

Top Bottom