• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I come back from work and the first thing I see on that stream is Oreo Excel(?)'s Sonic losing to Shugo's Falco.

Poor Excel.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
You know it's kinda funny.

We should have a social group called "People with Sonic in their names"

Like, me, Kupo, Josh, SoupaSonic, Speed, etc.

There are a lot of Sonics. lol

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Sonic Storm completely owned me. Wifi Sonic is gooooood. I want to vs more Sonics and develop a decent Sonic of my own for better understanding. Sonic wouldn't be my secondary, not that I have one, but learning him will be a good experience. I royally fail with him.

@ Sonic boards: You guys are awesome. Thank you for being so helpful. You should revive your xat chat.
jesus i need to stay active but uh lol i fail with him too

Rizen

Smash Legend
'Sorry for spamming your message board xat (as ...). Most xats are chats and I thought it'd be a good place to find wifi vs Sonic mains:ohwell:.
I played some offlines as sonic and got owned. I simply don't understand the character:urg:. Is there a Sonic wifi thread where I can find matches?

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
I think you could find it in the Sonic index thread, but it looks like it hasn't been used in a while. I'll give you a match with sonic some time if you want

Life

Smash Hero
You could go to the general arena and ask for Sonics. IDK about the other character boards but yeah, Sonic's WiFi thread's.... well, yeah.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
There's only 4 Sonics that I know of that play wifi on a regular basis, lol: myself, Sonikupo, Toonysonic, and Zair Hirudeman. I'd include Wedge, but he's all Falcon on that. And I'm starting to turn away from wifi myself, with the new semester at OU only 2 weeks away.

Best you can do is go to the NNMFA and try to find some Sonics.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I like that Pipes is in the Cp list. I used to play on this stage a ton with friends at SMU, and I never had bad feelings about it.

Life

Smash Hero
I'm rather happy, as stages like those should be tested every couple years to see if they're still broken as the meta changes. We'll see what happens.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Assuming a stage was banned for the right reasons, would there be any reason to unban it since the first problem would still be there?

Or are you saying that because some stages have been/are banned for the wrong reasons?

If that's the case, it will probably stay that way because nobody wants to bother. :/

Life

Smash Hero
Stages "like those" = have annoying mechanics/properties that at first hinder competition but as the metagame advances we learn how to deal with them properly so they're arguably no longer game-breaking.

As opposed to Temple/75m/Mario Bros, because circle camping/stalling is logically undefeatable. (The latter also revolves too much around the enemies, and has walkoffs, while the former two are huge which hinders KOs)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We should take this to one of the threads already set up for this purpose.
Eww, you mean in Brawl tactical?

There a lot of ignorant people there. At least we're all friends here on the Sonic sub-forum.

I'm not sure if I worded that right, but hopefully the message gets across.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's amazing~! Only getting better from here on out.

Why do you ask?

How's yours?

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Just trying to make conversation :ohwell:

But good to hear! That's always a good sign when life is only getting better and better.

Mine is good, I'm excited for Apex in 2 days :D

I'm going to meet a lot of smashers I suppose

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Play as many matches as you can, especially with the Sonic players.

And I guess the TLs too since you seem to have something going on there too.

It was a blast to play Espy/Turbo, and the rest of the local community.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sonic's fun.

Brawl's boring.

Combine the two and you get...!

Another average Sonic game?

Lolyesh.

Top Bottom