• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

NCdabess

Smash Cadet
Theres no sonics in my whole state according to some people on the nc discussion thread...and no tournies near me. Nearest tourney would be mlg raleigh and although it isnt too far to drive(mayne 2 hours idk)i wouldnt come close to winning a set.guess i need to try harder

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Go anyways. Play as many friendlies as you can.
An experience like MLG is well worth it if you make the right choices.

Trent

Smash Champion
When you first start out in Smash, you don't go to tournaments to win. You go to tournaments to get experience. Hell I've been playing at tournaments for a year now and I still go just for experience.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
There's really only a central group of about 70-80 or so people.

Tournaments here rarely cap out over 60 players unless we get out of state attendance as well.
In San Antonio, we only manage 25 players with just the city itself. A little over 30 if we get out of city players, since the drive from other major cities caps in at over 4 hours or so with the exception of Austin.

We are getting quite a few Sonics though. It's strange.
There's now 4 Sonics in my city.
Huh... 25 players in your own city, huh?

That sounds like our numbers in Edmonton. Looks like we're not so different in size after all. That is...we WOULD be like you guys if we actually all got our cities together for tourneys. lol

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
There's now 4 Sonics in my city.
Md/Va has like too many Sawniks.

Speed, ShadoSexyFiend, Kojin, BionicSonic, Nazo, Relaxed (Dude that looks like Poyo's brother), and I think I'm forgetting one. I don't even know all the Sova Sawniks names.
Sounds difficult. O_O sucks that you have to drive that far to get to those events :s

God espy and kupo. You two are just too deep. You disqualified.
Md/Va tournies max distance usually 2 hours. Closest 20 mins :laugh:
When you first start out in Smash, you don't go to tournaments to win. You go to tournaments to get experience. Hell I've been playing at tournaments for a year now and I still go just for experience.
What he said^^^

Ever since I got my Amy hat I've wanted to use Sawnik better and learn as an alt. He doesn't benefit Wolf as an alt at all, but he is fun to use lol.

Main: Wolf
Secondary: Metaknight
Alt: Falco, Sawnik, B00zer, and Marf.

Does reverse Usmash help Sawnik at all? I just learned how to reverse Usmash and walk off back on lasers. Adding more stupid techs to my game.

Can Sawnik also boost pivot grab or no?

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure every character is able to Boost Pivot Grab. Although, Sonic's pivot grab is kinda meh. Like you can use it if you predict airdodges in advance but its nothing you'd just throw out. The cool down is kinda bad.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Also, we have like 3 Sonic mains in the Bi-State area. Me, Rogueblades and Joshkip. Josh and I live in the same city Rogue lives like 2 hours away.

Catt

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm not sure if Khaoz "still" mains sonic. Like I said, it was about 6 months ago.

A couple of things I wanna work into my game though, are the Spin Dash -> Footstool (From Ground or Air) and Spin Charge(hit) -> Grab/Footstool.
I'm terrible with the timing for them. Which is strange, because I can Do Sheiks DACUS easy, so timing isn't usually an issue.
Anyone have any tips on how to make them easier to perform or easier to learn to use consistently?

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm not the most mobile player, but I don't think there are any other sonics in La. either. I may be the only one. Too bad I can't go anywhere.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
SoupaSonic i never knew u lived in CT how come i've never seen u at a R.I. or Ma tourney before? Your part of NE man step it up. U leaving dat title of NE best sonic up for grabs. (smirk)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
From the Trivia section for Ike in the Fire Emblem Wiki,

"It is stated by Titania in an Info conversation that Ike has a great appetite and compares it with Beast Tribe Laguz. She also says he enjoys ribs and steaks a lot."

--

Even if I main Ike, the steak will never leave me.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
SoupaSonic i never knew u lived in CT how come i've never seen u at a R.I. or Ma tourney before? Your part of NE man step it up. U leaving dat title of NE best sonic up for grabs. (smirk)
I'm too lazy lol. plus idk if my parents would want to drive me out of state so I could pay to play a game I have at home lol. I'm gonna try to go to flood of decaulon or whatever it's called though. It's like 40 minutes away from my grandparent's house and I'm positive I could get a ride. btw I'm not even in the running for NE's best Sonic lol, my style's too messed up and there are some crazy good sonics in NE.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
well well well... if it isnt my long lost friend teh sharpie aka sonic rave... long time no talk.. and come down to S.A so we can finally brawl it up..
Maybe I'll attend a HOBO one day...

Lol yo we having the roguesteak xat reunion in here? Sonic king and sharpie? where's ice and omega? lul.
I've always been here in spirit young Wedge.

I wonder if Omega is still in Mexico...

And Ice is probably in some random pokemon boards or any board pika related.

Sonic_King

Smash Apprentice
sharpie bring the cake down to s.a. so u can share that cake with me ^_^..

@omega i hope to see ya again.. and hopefully we can meet each other in the semi finals.. because im aiming for that number 3 spot on sapr

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Sonic King you shouldn't double post. Just saying.

GUYSGUYSGUYS

I forgot to mention

I played as Scourge on this hacked Wii at Apex and it was so fun omg

Top Bottom