• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well. It's been two years. I'm totally using that as my excuse. XD

[EDIT]

One year. The hell I keep thinking of 2008 when I went to Hawai'i. Hahah.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Kid i apologize 4 trolling u about losing to San. That guy is really Ike at his full potential. Just crazy
from a GA thread where I was having a similar discussion.

also, youre right, just as with any less than optimal character, people arent going to play the matchup perfectly. but when you guys said stuff like, 'Ike is so free!' and 'just counterpick for autowins' I just have to laugh at how misinformed you are, especially since its:
1. The same thing that everyone says right before they play san and get blasted,
2. The same thing that everyone in MY region said when san originally started getting good.

Its not like that kind of thought process is new, if those things actually applied, san wouldnt be as good as he is. He wouldnt have beaten sky's falco and rich browns olimar at MLG...

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
San's achieved that level with his character man. He can only go up from there. He's amazing. I played San expecting to get *****, and while first game was close, i got read and ***** second game. note that these are friendlies...kinda scary. :/

About tyme you came back sharpie. yus.

Espy, pls stop trollin. You know im not into that type of stuff. D:<

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Speed looooves Aaamyyyy Speed loooove Aaaamyyy

I'll stop. I just got reminded of grade school and being called out on a crush. LOL We ♥ you bro.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Would you like her in a box?
Would you like her as a fox?

Would you like her here or there?
Would you like her anywhere?

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Kupo looooves Aaamyyyy Espy loooove Aaaamyyy

I'll stop. I just got reminded of grade school and being called out on a crush. LOL We ♥ you bro.
lol got em. Too goods. Fix'd btw.

Would you like her in a box?
Would you like her as a fox?

Would you like her here or there?
Would you like her anywhere?
No. No. No. No. I wouldnt like her at all. She's sck.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Rosy's demented, twisted demeanor has captured my heart.
It's really just hilarious.

Catt

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I don't know if any of you guys remember me, but I had left the smash community a while back (maybe 6 or so months ago) and I am back. Been a Sonic main since two days after the game was released, and planned on maining him from before release.

I started playing Balanced Brawl mostly, and stopped liking vBrawl, until I heard of a tourney at Quake-Con, and I realized I wanted back in on the scene. It was too much fun.
I'm trying to get back into the competitive scene, so did anything new for sonic surface in the last 6 months?

Also, right before I left, I beat fellow sonic main, Khaoz in a 1v1 mirror match at the last Phaze I went to while a big crowd was watching. I never got the chance to post about it. So here. :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Khaoz still mains Sonic?
That's awesome.

Also, not much has changed at all. We're too lazy.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
There's really only a central group of about 70-80 or so people.

Tournaments here rarely cap out over 60 players unless we get out of state attendance as well.
In San Antonio, we only manage 25 players with just the city itself. A little over 30 if we get out of city players, since the drive from other major cities caps in at over 4 hours or so with the exception of Austin.

We are getting quite a few Sonics though. It's strange.
There's now 4 Sonics in my city.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
ONLY 80? :laugh:

My area has a wonderful total of

1 brawler (me) and
0 brawl tournaments :'D

My state has a total of
(maybe) 5-10 brawlers and
(maybe) 1-2 tournaments every few months (I've never heard of any though)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
uhhh did you see what he said tho? 4 hours to go to a tourney outside his city.

you know where you would be if you took 4 hours to drive to a tourney.

Youd be anywhere and everywhere you need to be for all the big New England tourneys.

also, take a look at the aib front page, theres some really good blogs over there right now about how to build smash scenes in areas that have either never had them, or have had them and died out.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I may be the only Sonic in Oklahoma, and if not (likely), I'm one of the few. OK needs a bigger Brawl scene.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Actually, it takes 4 hours to drive to Houston, which is the nearest active city (I don't count Austin because it's 45 minutes away, so it's not really a "trip").

Driving to Houston for HOBOs takes abour 3.5-4 hours total.
Driving to Dallas for Phase takes 5 hours total.
Driving to Austin takes 45 minutes.
Driving to the Rio Grande Valley takes 5 hours.
Driving to El Paso takes 8-11 hours.

This is all just from San Antonio too.
El Paso to Houston is roughly anywhere between 15-20 hours.

Those are really the only active scenes. On top of that, players like Dojo are 3-4 hours away on their own, and the Texas community pretty much doesn't have any of North Texas involved with the exception of Dallas (and Dakpo from Amarillo).

It's just overall, difficult to get around.

=====

Sexy new Avy, Kupo.

Top Bottom