• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I basically have to come up with a way to combine the Hero and Dark sides of the story.
That shouldn't be too tricky right? They both follow the same story and the Hero story specifically misses out bits thats only part of the Dark story and vice versa

My advice is to watch all the cut scenes and stick them together in chronological order. I mean with films, you normally only get snippets of the 'Evil' people and their plans but if you do that with this, the film will leave a few holes cause you only find out certain stuff from the seperate story cut scenes :p You'll probably have to chop bits and pieces up so that parts of the story aren't repeated

The most obvious one I can think of is the the last parts of the story. In the Dark story, Eggman fights Tails and the next scene you see him cackling with the Emerald in the Eclipse Cannon room, making it look like you won vs Tails (which is obviously a good thing if you're playing the Dark story). In the Hero story though, Tails is the actual winner and Eggman just nabs off with the Emerald...that Tails has left on the floor for some reason lol

In fact, someones already done it for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn3--iMWNWQ

I think the biggest problem you're going to have is including any parts of the story that directly follow before/after a boss fight, because the cutscenes look significantly different to the gameplay. Like, fighting the first Big Foot with Sonic. That might be tricky. Don't forget that Golem boss - doesn't Sonic and Eggman fight it? Sonic breaks it and then it attacks Eggman iirc. Likewise for any stages that have story related parts at the beginning/end (when Rouge is going into Eggman's base)

Hope that helps a bit, can't wait to see the finished version :p

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Who doesn't love Sonic infinately more than shadow? BTW, Sonic wins the fight they have at the end of the hero/dark story, because if he didn't, I'm pretty sure shadow would have killed him.
I disagree. I think Shadow wins. If Sonic wins he puts in the fake emerald and the machine doesn't work. If the real one got put in(Shadows) the ARK would have fulfilled its purpose. Which it did and turned into the eclipse cannon. That's supported by the warning signs going off only at the end of the dark story and at the beginning of final story.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
The Hero story finishes before the Dark story finishes though. Tails/Amy check outside to see Sonic giving them a thumbs up iirc on the Eclipse Cannon which doesn't fire properly. Sonic doesn't actually put the fake emerald in the machine in the Cannon control room - he 'slam dunks' it into the Cannon (I presume that will screw it up for some reason or another) which is why he/Shadow are running towards the cannon in the final boss fight. As Tails/Amy are doing that, Eggman (who's just been beaten up) is reaching out to grab the real Chaos Emerald and I guess you can assume whilst Tails/Amy are distracted by Sonic being still alive (Hero ending), Eggman scarpers off and uses the real Emerald to set off what he assume is the program to fully start up the Eclipse Cannon (Dark ending)

The cannon is already firing shots remember - didn't Eggman demonstrate what it could do without all the Chaos Emeralds by blowing up half of the Moon?

Sticking the final real Chaos Emerald into the slots in the Eclipse Cannon control room doesn't activate the cannon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtlwzLUd1pU#t=42s

It activates the program that starts the ARK's descent into the Earth to blow it up. Shadow tells Eggman that all the 7 Chaos Emeralds activate the Cannon but thats not what happens

Shadow definitly didn't win the last battle - otherwise, he would have killed Sonic and then Sonic would never have reached the Eclipse Cannon, bust it up and that cutscene between Sonic (on the radio) and Tails/Amy

What happens there is a complete mystery, I'd assume Sonic 'wins' but the next time you see Shadow, he's inside the ARK in that cutscene with Amy. Maybe Sonic gets there before him, blows up the cannon and then gets back onboard the ARK and Shadow emo's about a bit before returning to the inside?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I saw this elsewhere, but it was along the lines of...
"Did you notice that in each game in the classic series, you learned more about the Chaos Emeralds?

In Sonic 1, you learned about their power.

In Sonic 2, you learned that there were actually 7 of them, and collecting them allows you to go super form.

In Sonic 3&Knuckles, you learned about the Master Emerald, and how it could super charge the Chaos Emeralds, allowing you to go into an even more powerful form."

Hah, an emerald-based storyline, can you see it?

Sonic was having fun with friends like he always do.
A mad scientist, looking for the legendary Chaos Emeralds, turns the animals into his robotic slaves. Then this ***** Sonic is like "NAW WE AINT HAVIN THIS" and begins his fight to free his animal friends.

If you don't collect the emeralds but defeat him, he gets away and he's still laughing, cause he's still got them. If you do collect all the emeralds, he finally sees you as a true threat to his goals, whatever they are, and wages final war against (Super) Sonic.

and the final twist: he was actually just trying to use the Emeralds to get back home - Sonic's the bad guy lzauallz

:093:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
up throw spring up air works because nobody knows how to di it. I hit san with that mess like 10 times today. do it more.
It's that easy? I normally Up throw > Spring > Bait an airdodge with a stall > Uair KO.
But only so often, as it rarely works. Then i do side taunt.

Browny

Smash Hater
up throw spring up air works because nobody knows how to di it. I hit san with that mess like 10 times today. do it more.
Or it might be because MK has horrible aerial move speed, most people DI it backwards so its pretty easy to predict where they will go, and mk is always put in a risky position with no guaranteed escape...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
anybody can avoid all followups to the up throw by DIing behind sonic. once you do that, it makes it infinitely harder to do anything with it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Well, of all the times, I saw M2K DI it right only during a DI trap (Sonic facing towards the stage - most people hold towards the stage [bad], but he DI'd away from it instead)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, of all the times, I saw M2K DI it right only during a DI trap (Sonic facing towards the stage - most people hold towards the stage [bad], but he DI'd away from it instead)
I don't normally hold towards the stage until i see the start-up of Sonic's Back throw. Other than that, i leave it neutral (Since tilting back can set up for Fthrow > Spring > Uair KO) but it takes some quick thinking when you see the throw starting up :p

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Does anybody besides me seriously attempt this?
I do, but not often. :p
The Uair disjoint is nice and all, but i don't normally trust this unless i predict them DI'ing for an Up throw, or i just stare at their controller before i throw:laugh:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Kupo, i never got around to asking, but what is your avi? o_o

Top Bottom