• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SephirothKen @ APEX 2013: FUND?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB&J

Smash Hero
redact-you brought ken and javi to apex. we are def going to make like a big part of apex with everyone giving you shoutouts. Your the man

ken-glad your coming and about the crew battle:

If the new school players started in 06 you guys would be done but the old school players have javi,mango,m2k,hbox since some started playing in 07. This will be interesting

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I think an '06 cutoff might be more appropriate (the end of the MLG era, besides the grassroots events), even if it would be a little bit lopsided.

2002 - 2006 has Ken, PC, chillin, m2k, Wobbles, KDJ if he goes
2007 - 2012 has Javi, Mango, Hbox, KK (according to PB&J's post, though some of these players might have started sooner)

Not sure when players like Unknown, Axe, and Armada started. I'm also definitely forgetting many notable players.

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
but i think this should be the cut off honestly
2003-2007 the mlg era ended 2007 and we are trying to be fair here and thats when ken era was ending Mlgs to Evo 2007
2008-2012 and Mangos was begining with Pound 3 so we can keep him in which ever he wants to be in
Hugs
Ken
Isai
Azen
Chillin
Chudat
Darkrain
Foward
Taj
King
Pc Chris
KoreanDj
Mew2king
Dashizwiz
Colbol
Tope
Drephan
Cort
FREE!!!!

I think the New school should be players from Rom1 to now and Old school should be MLg to Pound 3 HYPE!!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Maybe a better question to ask is who started playing in 2007? The cutoff might not really matter if only 1 notable player started in that year.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
I'm not coming yet... Anyways nothing is final, I'm still trying to work things out... Time is really really hard to get now a days... Wish apex was a week earlier would have been a lot easier.

Also ill have certain things to give top donators if we do make this happen

:phone:

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost certain that none of the top players started after 2007. They didn't get good until recently, but I'm pretty sure that most of them have been around for quite some time.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I think an '06 cutoff might be more appropriate (the end of the MLG era, besides the grassroots events), even if it would be a little bit lopsided.

2002 - 2006 has Ken, PC, chillin, m2k, Wobbles, KDJ if he goes
2007 - 2012 has Javi, Mango, Hbox, KK (according to PB&J's post, though some of these players might have started sooner)

Not sure when players like Unknown, Axe, and Armada started. I'm also definitely forgetting many notable players.
yo if we're doing start rather than when they broke out as a top player than this would be interesting...but I dunno. It still feels weird thinking of Armada as old school, I'm 99% sure he started in '06 but he doesn't feel like an oldschool player. Guess it would be more balanced though, I think unknown started in '05 too, not completely sure though.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Maybe a better question to ask is who started playing in 2007? The cutoff might not really matter if only 1 notable player started in that year.
Maybe he means top players from that time. Some players may have been playing before then but players like Mango, Hungrybox, PP, and many others have proven to be top players after 2007.

Edit: Just realized it was explained better above.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Well if the cutoff is based on when people made their breakouts, new school would wreck old school so badly haha.

btw, even if Ken doesn't make it to the tournament, this should still happen on the side somewhere. There'll be more than enough players to make it happen.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Ken -

As far as taking off work. If you need something in terms of an official letter to provide for them to take off ( like a personal invite and explanation of the event ) we can set that up for you.

Apex is actually a company so we are able to get things like that taken care of. I did it for many of the players from outside the coutnry and it has helped them get travel visa's and such.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Ken -

As far as taking off work. If you need something in terms of an official letter to provide for them to take off ( like a personal invite and explanation of the event ) we can set that up for you.

Apex is actually a company so we are able to get things like that taken care of. I did it for many of the players from outside the coutnry and it has helped them get travel visa's and such.
Uk
That's not the problem. I own my own business and I am contracted at certain times etc etc. And if I don't work I still have to pay certain fees for parking etc etc... Basically a lot of wasted money and time. 4 to 5 days off is a lot. There is also a chance I might be losing some daily locations if I don't show up.

I'm still trying to work things out.

clowsui

Smash Legend
alex stop making it a matter of preference lol by his post above yours he's very clearly stated that it's not a personal decision so much as it is a financial decision

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I don't get it. Apex picked up another sponsor...what does that mean for Apex and what should we be excited for? XD

C.SDK

Smash Ace
It's not a bad idea. I'm pretty sure Ken's sisters work the food truck as well so if the food truck goes, they go too. It's something they have to consider as well.

And driving from San Diego to New Jersey? Shiiieeett.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Rumor is that Azen is training with Chillin to defeat Ken at Apex, but KoreanDJ and PC Chris have formed a secret alliance to topple both of them.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
It's not a bad idea. I'm pretty sure Ken's sisters work the food truck as well so if the food truck goes, they go too. It's something they have to consider as well.

And driving from San Diego to New Jersey? Shiiieeett.
No it's a pretty bad, non-serious idea lol. Pretty sure gas alone would negate a lot of the profit, and there's also the issue of getting a permit to have the truck parked on the street. It could be possible for a CA tourney in the future though. Who knows.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Oh. I was thinking that instead of funding Ken's plane ticket, they can fund the gas it takes to get there. I didn't think about needing a permit, though. Wishful thinking nonetheless. :grin:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Ken isn't driving from California to New Jersey and back. Clearly, it would be by plane if it occurred, broseph.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Lol you guys r too funny. Isn't it going to be really cold in NJ? And no I'm not going to be making anyone any sandwiches

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I started playing smash competitively in the summer of 07, first tourney October 07.

Hope you can make it out, Ken! I'd like to play more friendlies with you. =)

AXE 09

Smash Master
I started in late 2006 lol.

I went to my first local tourney in my city in 2006, but I went to my first AZ state tourney in Jan. 2007.

2007: Became top 10 in AZ

2009: Became 4th best in AZ next to Forward, Taj, and Wobbles.

2010 (Apex): First national showing as a high level player

2011: Became comparable in skill as Forward/Taj/Wobbles.

2012: Still can't beat Wobbles ;_; (He's so freakin good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom