• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SephirothKen @ APEX 2013: FUND?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Smash Champion
If you ever had to download vids on the hub you are old school
DC++: The Terror of Snex
LOL this

I remember even before DC++ days downloading Punch Crew. Also, I think Anden had a website up with some videos. (no idea on the timeframe for that though)

What was that old Sheik Player's name who had some videos way back in the day? Man, I can't remember now. His Sheik Combo Video had music by Disturbed.

"LIBERATE YOUR MIND, YOU MOTHER****ER YOU'RE SO NARROW MINDED, SO NARROW MINDED!"

Man, back then I think I watched every video I could get my hands on like 100 times each.

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
I remember Hub days. That's when I still had junior high-level taste in music and put Linkin Park on my camcorder'd videos, only to have HugS call me out on my music selection LOL

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I remember "linking" to a video on the hub in the hub chat of a Link moonwalking, asking what it was and nobody knew.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember the hub, but I do remember downloading the Funny Flubs and Screwups video, as well as VilNess combo videos, as well as some other non-tournament videos (Nealdt's videos on how to chaingrab and desync with IC's spring to mind).

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Ken, even though you haven't talked to him in 6-7 years, and you're not confirmed yet, I would try talking to Isai at least about possibly teaming. The fact is you two are "the" team, and it would probably be a better idea to try to get a hold of him sooner, even if you find out you aren't able to make it, rather than wait until way later and find out you're able to come.

Just trying to help in terms of avoiding anymore last minute preparations.

Regarding determining who is old school and new school, I say combine the factors of when they started playing/smashboards join date and when they became a top ranking player, and 2007-2008 would be the dividing line. So let's say a player started up in 2006 and became a top player in 2010. The average year for those two would be 2008, making that player a new school player.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I will hold a Tribunal as the Supreme Judge. Each man or woman may step in front of me and I shall cast them into their respective class after hearing a brief summary of their past performances.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I remember downloading the "KenDEFEATED" video on the hub of Chillin beating Ken lol. I think I still have a big folder of vids just from that era, maybe I should upload them all. There are some really good matches in there.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
<-- InfernoOmni aka Not Omnigamer. Being the other Omni was not a fun phase.

[yt]PrxVXHXHVcc[/yt]

One more for good measure, lol, NSFW: minor language.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
lmfao these are classic. really brings back memories. Anyone remember the one where the match on Corneria ends with someone getting hit by a goomba?

Revven

FrankerZ
Someone should just make a new channel on youtube and compile all these super old school but hilarious Smash videos so they're all in one place. :p

CableCho57

Smash Lord
man anyone remember the sweetxignorance gems?

yeah juggleguy reuploaded a bunch of them, but it doesnt feel quite the same

up all night in middle school watching youtube matches. good times

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Old old-school: remembers the Punch Crew, remembers when random Angelfire and Geocities sites and AIM were the ways to share videos.

Old-school: the MLG generation, remembers DC++, precedes Brawl

C.SDK

Smash Ace
What smashers live close to Ken that he could actually train with before Apex?
Well, Ken lives in San Diego so the closest people would be the dudes from UCSD (W.A.S.T.E., Sonny, Azn_Lep etc). Closest city to SD is Irvine and that has Stab, Fly, and such.

There's a tournament on Saturday at UCSD actually. Will Ken go?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
After trying to work things out it appears that the days that apex is being held jan 11-13 doesn't fit my schedule. I just have too much to do and not enough time and money. I just can't afford to take 5 days off for APEX. That being said, it looks like I cannot attend APEX 2013.

As much as I would love to go, train since the first time in 7 years and see everyone, it looks like it's not going to happen. I'd like to thank everyone for the support and it definitly means a lot.

I wish it was easy as, "Buy plane ticket, go to apex" but its not. Anyways... Growing up sucks.

Sorry again! Much love! I guess ill see you guys around? Maybe in another 5 years lol

:phone:

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Speaking of... any word on Genesis? Or any other big tournament in the US in the summer. Anywhere. I'm planning to drive through at least 20 states this time.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I thought they discontinued the Genesis tournament series after Genesis 2...

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom