• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SephirothKen @ APEX 2013: FUND?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
determining new school/old school isn't based on when you started, but when you were in contention on a national level imo

so m2k ken etc eare obviously old school

axe, pp, armada, hbox are def new school

I think the only one that can be up for debate is mango because he's kinda right in between

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
2005 and before = old school since MLG DC 2005 was the epitome of awesome and had the largest influx of Melee players. Thus sayeth the Omni.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
No. I've been around since 2006 but look at my join date. (actually, I have an account on here from 2007.) :smirk:

:phone:

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
How's the fund look at the moment? I'm willing to send my support for an old dog.
hey! sorry, no funds have been started yet so far... Just "what ifs" I will let everyone know as soon as I can which is in the next 2 weeks. I need to plan out my schedule, play a lot of smash and see a lot of people/smashers. Then I can stream some matches and what not.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
hey! sorry, no funds have been started yet so far... Just "what ifs" I will let everyone know as soon as I can which is in the next 2 weeks. I need to plan out my schedule, play a lot of smash and see a lot of people/smashers. Then I can stream some matches and what not.
Just glad to have you back, bro. A lot of us would be hyped to see the legend rise up again and take out PP/Mango's Falco's Bombsolider style.

Edit: Also, Azen said EC for life; WC sucks.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Sounds good, Ken. I hope you have fun playing this old dead game in the meantime, it's a nice one. c:

ycz12

Smash Ace
Hey Ken, I'm the guy that came to your food truck last spring and asked for a sandwich and a picture. I'll be in San Diego over winter break, late December to early January, so if you wanna play some Melee I'd be up for it. :)

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Just glad to have you back, bro. A lot of us would be hyped to see the legend rise up again and take out PP/Mango's Falco's Bombsolider style.

Edit: Also, Azen said EC for life; WC sucks.
Tell him that I don't think it's about EC vs WC anymore. It's about Old skool vs New skool

Ether

Smash Ace
Hey Ken, I'm the guy that came to your food truck last spring and asked for a sandwich and a picture. I'll be in San Diego over winter break, late December to early January, so if you wanna play some Melee I'd be up for it. :)
I actually remember this.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Pre-old school: before 2005 (before MLG)
Old school: before 2008 (before the release of Brawl)
New school: after 2008 (revival of the Melee scene after Brawl's release)

Just my opinion on the matter.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Yes but what counts for categorizing players under those? When they started or when they became a top player? Someone mentioned it should be based on first top placing at a national but that might screw over old school.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
what are you people talking about

ken + isai

there is no alternative
This. I think Ken should team with s2j for the sake of having a better teammate though and hey, s2j plays Falcon too. Psuedo El Chocolate Diablo team ftw!

Anyways, I think I am annoying Ken with all my posts about what he should do, lol. He said it himself – him going to Apex is still up in the air at this point. All I'll say is that I hope Ken goes to Apex and that people come to an agreement about what's old school and what isn't!

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Yeah the MIT guy I remember... Well I'm not going to actually play smash until I am comfirmed to attend apex. If so then yeah

Also you guys act like I could team with anyone I wanted lol. I think it has to work both ways... Ya know??

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
I started playing smash competitively in the summer of 07, first tourney October 07.

Hope you can make it out, Ken! I'd like to play more friendlies with you. =)
Yeah! I don't think we properly got to play friendlies. Too bad you don't live on the wc, I could use some peepee training

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Wait...what? I merely suggested Westballz because he's really good and lives in SoCal :c

I thought by PP practice he just meant (good) Falco practice so I mentioned Westballz

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yes clownsui because if statements "westballz training is useful" and "PP training is useful" are true, then it CLEARLY implies that "westballz is as good as PP"

stellar logic good sir

edit: LOL damn I'm the 4th person to jump on him for a logical fallacy in 4 minutes. good **** smashboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom