• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School is in Session 4: *Results!!* UPDATED!! January 8th, 2011!

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Also had I actually played the game over my month long winter break I'm certain my matches would have went better.

I didn't wanna play him to be honest because of that but I didn't wanna back out of the match.

I had extra doe on me so why not right?

But from the sound of it his "crew/ fan club" is celebrating the win more than he is....

EDIT: And spongebob who are you were you at the tourney?? were you the one sittin next to us when we were playing? jw.
Nah, I wasn't D: I was at the tournament, though! 6 foot tall caucasian male. I know I just described 50% of the room, but I don't know what you want from me! Oh, I wore a red plaid jackety thing unzipped with a ****ed up orange t-shirt underneath, played Lucas, wasn't the Lucas playing ginger (who ***** me in a MM ;3)... I dunno man! Just take my wallet and go!

But I'm done trash talking :p Trying to hone my skillz. Sorry for being in the wrong post at the wrong time :D

BTW, I'm a super random, I even admit it, LOL!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm just tryin to find out who the people are that are now spokesmen for Kain kinda pathetic as this conversation is now dragging on.

Funny because I never said I was salty...johned yes but salty no.

Now I am baffled that out of all the people that I thought would try to talk **** on the boards like I knew would happen it's people who are more or less random themselves
Just ignore them, they both don't speak for Kain, and are basically trolling you right now and making this thread suck. :/

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
4biddin they're trolling you... like 100%, straight up trolling. To prove it, I'll say this: I fought you in pools and thought you were good, you'd beat most of the people who are talking **** right now.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
You seem pretty bitter about this whole experience. Might this effect your gameplay in the future, and if so, how would one properly abuse said rage? I'm looking deeper into the mind of the enraged smasher as a source of developing a more refined set of mindgames, and you seem to be a perfect subject.

Tell me, what lead to you agreeing to said $20 MM, and would you have taken it for any more? Would you have been just as bitter when you lost for more? I think we're making some real progress towards a new, rage-filled metagame. I'm rather excited.
4B is by no means enraged by any of this... I think he was more enraged by the pools upstairs lol... He wasn't doing too good that day, but at least we all got some practice.

And quit trying to hone rage skills, it doesn't get you anywhere in this game, playing cool and mean like dat dar Ally gets you places.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
It's in what's-his-faces-Sirlin's Play to Win that you should use tactics to fluster your opponent and all that jazz.

Sirlin'sPTW = Law and is 100000% undsiputeable. Therefore if anyone has a problem w/ this post, just deal with it.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
No it means the opposite

If you see that there is only 1 minute left, as opposed to 3 minutes left

you are much more likely to have your mindset be "let's win by damage and stall" than "let me try to win the match normally"

in a way it would greatly shorten a lot of matches, because they don't think they would be able to time the opposing player out. I for one try to time players out when I see that it's a viable strategy (short amount of time left).

so it would actually improve the game in both ways

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I got infracted for censor dodging unintentionally -____-.

****. ****. ****.

That's so ol' bull****.

Ohwell.

@M2k; Yo, if you're pro LGL (which I think you are since you cited wanting to show people that no LGL is broken by what you did @ SiiS) then wouldn't a 10 minute timer just be a bit...excessive?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You seem pretty bitter about this whole experience. Might this effect your gameplay in the future, and if so, how would one properly abuse said rage? I'm looking deeper into the mind of the enraged smasher as a source of developing a more refined set of mindgames, and you seem to be a perfect subject.

Tell me, what lead to you agreeing to said $20 MM, and would you have taken it for any more? Would you have been just as bitter when you lost for more? I think we're making some real progress towards a new, rage-filled metagame. I'm rather excited.
rofl @ this, too good son
shoutouts to bein the only black guy to make money in singles @ this.

insert stereotypical gif

DO IT FOR THE BLACKS

doesnt completely fit but Im not good at the whole finding gifs/pics game.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
People should stop attacking 4biddin it was a fun set. The whole thing was we played on wifi and after the set he kinda johned about wifi so I told him to MM me at SiiS4 so that I could do it offline too. The fact that he accepted the 20$ was shocking because I didn't think he would accept something that high. There was nothing negative to it though it was just to hype up the set and stuff. People should stop attacking him lol

Also the random Fox thing, Norm wasn't calling you a random Fox there's this joke we have in IL cause at one of the tournies a bunch of black people who all mained Fox took turns MMing Arty and he took all there money. Just to clarify it

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
There was a fox main who was going to enter the tournament, his name is Yogehi! So there are more foxes. He just didn't want to enter because of certain reasons. :X

Also I don't feel like talking about the LGL. xD The characters hurt by it, don't want it, and the characters that blow off stage, do want it. Ehhh. x_x Decisions decisions!

^__^
I hope the weather is nicer around the time for the next siis. >_<
**** its really cold.

Edit: Wow Kain, that's funny as hell! xD Arty is too good.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Yea ^this^ where is the Damn controversy

people calling each other out? (over actual ****)

where are the shoutouts!

Kass I love you board presence btw...lol

Quik17

Smash Ace
Hair-care products are ****in expensive nowadays. Kain needed that $20. You're a good man 4Biddin.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
People should stop attacking 4biddin it was a fun set. The whole thing was we played on wifi and after the set he kinda johned about wifi so I told him to MM me at SiiS4 so that I could do it offline too. The fact that he accepted the 20$ was shocking because I didn't think he would accept something that high. There was nothing negative to it though it was just to hype up the set and stuff. People should stop attacking him lol

Also the random Fox thing, Norm wasn't calling you a random Fox there's this joke we have in IL cause at one of the tournies a bunch of black people who all mained Fox took turns MMing Arty and he took all there money. Just to clarify it
Thank You!!!
Lol good stuff appreciate the clarification

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Yall *****s hating it was cause of the hat. I hate all of you

Scythe

Smash Master
and then we never saw them again. they didn't even enter.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yep. More you know. Oh yeah, people call me Juu in person and is equally awkward as one could imagine.
LOL! I never actually realized that until now.
Of course, that won't stop me from still calling you juu. :laugh:

I go where I am needed, and there needs to be a lot more ecchi discussion in here. ;3
You know, for some reason, the whole time we were playing, I was thinking of your begging for ecchi in the Oli thread, which actually made the fact you play Ness slightly disturbing, yet funny at the same time XD

Hair-care products are ****in expensive nowadays. Kain needed that $20. You're a good man 4Biddin.
That made me lol more than it should have.

This needs more shoutouts!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hmm I didn't realize Peach sucked offstage. Must be my imagination that she doesn't against anyone who isn't him. :p

I don't know, I kinda just...y'know, conformed to a somewhat happy medium (pro LGL) since everyone and their mother knows that the community will not ever consent to a full ban.

Scrubby? Maybe.
Do I care enough to relentlessly "bible thump" Sirlin's words? No.

I'm for whatever keeps the community healthy and active the longest, like it is now.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
@Cook, Nope wasn't there......LOL

Nicole with the call out loooool. Kel literally planks in doubles :p. I'll just throw that out there.

Anyway shout outs once I get my hw and this grad school app done looool. GGs everyone.
At this guy, It's called the Anubis strat. And I was on the stage.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
LOL! I never actually realized that until now.
Of course, that won't stop me from still calling you juu. :laugh:

You know, for some reason, the whole time we were playing, I was thinking of your begging for ecchi in the Oli thread, which actually made the fact you play Ness slightly disturbing, yet funny at the same time XD

That made me lol more than it should have.

This needs more shoutouts!
Lol, I figure it wouldn't. I've already gotten used to responding to it. Even when outside the smash community. OUGA and some of the Columbus scene call me it naturally.

D

Deleted member

Lol, I figure it wouldn't. I've already gotten used to responding to it. Even when outside the smash community. OUGA and some of the Columbus scene call me it naturally.
Probably because your first name is 10x more complicated for some people, lol.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
"hi my name is Teevee I play ROB, i want to be able to plank and be a total gay wad but i dont want to get beaten by MK cause he beats my character, so i had to pick up MK and use him. but if he were banned then i could be gay and plank and shoot dumb projectiles and make everyone hate me and there wouldnt be mks to do anything about that!"

<3 sorry teevee, you're a nice person, but i hate ROB and planking and projectiles :awesome: (and i hate playing super ledge bros.)

"hi my name is nicole, I play peach, i want a lgl because my character has no ledge game and i dont want to get beat by people playing on the ledge but i play peach so i lose to every character anyway."

its the same concept. the only difference is your character is getting buffed for no reason while mine is getting nerfed...which is why i am against it and you are obviosualy for it. with a lgl put in place my character goes from being viable to completely shut down. matchups like snake and falco, which are even or in robs favor to begin with, become almost inpossible just because we want mk to be allowed in tournies for some odd reason.

robs not the only one affected. pit, DK...hell just about every mid tier.

no hard feelings nicole, its just frustrating when im forced to use other characters just because we dont want to accept the fact that mk is broken :dazwa:

MJG

Smash Hero
"hi my name is nicole, I play peach, i want a lgl because my character has no ledge game and i dont want to get beat by people playing on the ledge but i play peach so i lose to every character anyway."

its the same concept. the only difference is your character is getting buffed for no reason while mine is getting nerfed...which is why i am against it and you are obviosualy for it. with a lgl put in place my character goes from being viable to completely shut down. matchups like snake and falco, which are even or in robs favor to begin with, become almost inpossible just because we want mk to be allowed in tournies for some odd reason.

robs not the only one affected. pit, DK...hell just about every mid tier.

no hard feelings nicole, its just frustrating when im forced to use other characters just because we dont want to accept the fact that mk is broken :dazwa:
Toon Link does work.

I don't know what you're talking about.

What Quivo said.

Top Bottom