• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School is in Session 4: *Results!!* UPDATED!! January 8th, 2011!

Wrath the Furious

Smash Rookie
SHOUTOUTS!

65: Wrath: Your humunculus is pretty gay, you should switch your name to Pride or Greed or Lust or something!
I'm assuming you're referring to the Wrath from the first FMA series. Yes, that Wrath is pretty lame. I'm referring to the Wrath from the manga/FMA: brotherhood, which is King Bradley. King Bradley= Bad@$$.

QUIVO

Smash Master
LEGAN, I just remembered you said something really funny about **** when we were sitting outside smoking. I can't remember, plz remind me. I know it was hilarious.

Cook

Smash Master
I'm assuming you're referring to the Wrath from the first FMA series. Yes, that Wrath is pretty lame. I'm referring to the Wrath from the manga/FMA: brotherhood, which is King Bradley. King Bradley= Bad@$$.
Spoilers! I haven't seen Brotherhood yet, but I'm going to watch it sometime soon because one of my roommates keeps pushing it on me, lol.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Oh yeah, person who had TV #11, I've got a Mario vs GnW (Lou) match that I'd like to see. Could the owner upload it and let me know? I didn't think to record game two until it was too late, so it's just one.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
This is prolly true, a hot lesbian of the midwest.

I don't like running other people's show unless they ask me to or I'm there when it started. Plus I left at 10:30 anyways.
thank you for that, but I don't mind if you ask to commentate, a couple people just came up and commentated with out asking. I let it slide. I will not let it slide at Pound.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Juu was easier to say than your real name. But that's because I would see the word in my head and read it wrong...

Edit: @God-is-my-Rock: I was asked by Tantulas to commentate already for Pound 5? Would it be alright If I started the stream with whomever?

Legan

Smash Lord
LEGAN, I just remembered you said something really funny about **** when we were sitting outside smoking. I can't remember, plz remind me. I know it was hilarious.
Wtf it wasnt even a joke, It was just me explaining what we do when we go to the club.

We get there, Y.B.M Kicks the door in and we bumrush the floor. From there, we seek out our targets. Once weve chosen, we grab them without exchanging anywords and non verbally insist that they grind on us and whatever else we want them to do.

Technically it comes off as borderline ****, I call it it a another night with the God Kais.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Cook I didn't get a shoutout?

I even played you first round of bracket.

Lol @ being super super easy to forget. :p

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Wtf it wasnt even a joke, It was just me explaining what we do when we go to the club.

We get there, Y.B.M Kicks the door in and we bumrush the floor. From there, we seek out our targets. Once weve chosen, we grab them without exchanging anywords and non verbally insist that they grind on us and whatever else we want them to do.

Technically it comes off as borderline ****, I call it it a another night with the God Kais.
I almost want to sig this.

Cook

Smash Master
Cook I didn't get a shoutout?

I even played you first round of bracket.

Lol @ being super super easy to forget. :p
...whoops! I don't think you're listed anywhere in the results. :psycho:

Anyway, I was pretty scared at the beginning of our second match, but then Olimar was gay and I somehow won, lol. Good games, it's a very tough matchup for G&W.

Nicole

Smash Champion
"hi my name is nicole, I play peach, i want a lgl because my character has no ledge game and i dont want to get beat by people playing on the ledge but i play peach so i lose to every character anyway."

its the same concept. the only difference is your character is getting buffed for no reason while mine is getting nerfed...which is why i am against it and you are obviosualy for it. with a lgl put in place my character goes from being viable to completely shut down. matchups like snake and falco, which are even or in robs favor to begin with, become almost inpossible just because we want mk to be allowed in tournies for some odd reason.

robs not the only one affected. pit, DK...hell just about every mid tier.

no hard feelings nicole, its just frustrating when im forced to use other characters just because we dont want to accept the fact that mk is broken :dazwa:
a LGL doesn't just buff my character that loses to every character, except ROBs that i beat in MMs, a LGL keeps many more characters viable than the handful of characters that it nerfs.

However, if there could be a LGL on just MK and GW, both of who's planking is pretty much impossible to beat unless you are also playing MK or GW, then that would probably be best. Its not like ROB or Pit or Marth are untouchable on the ledge like those guys.

no hard feelings to you either, your character is gay in one way and mine is gay in another. i really dont think mk is broken enough to be banned, its not even like he is the only character that can plank perfectly (there is GW as well). that's why i think a LGL is a good way to keep people PLAYING the game instead of resorting to strategies that dont even begin to seek confrontation.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

lmao, epic.

Rikku~

Smash Apprentice
9: Y.b.M. -- Glad we got to play/hang out. You're such a cool guy, hope to see you soon! And fore-fitting to go clubbing??! LOL so clutch

13: Blue Rogue-- The sheriff badge in the hair was a great look for you--totally adorable :D

17: Infern -- darn you and your glorious team of shiny lv 100 pokemanz!! haha but seriously, I had a blast chillen with you

17: Fonz--good seeing you again Lucario, hopefully we can play more next time!

25: King Beef-- Nice seeing you as always, you're sweet

25: Shugo-- aww don't get too discouraged, you are a great player <333

25: Dooms-- omg Joey, how did I not even see you??! :(

33: KassandraNova -- wow, great job girl!!!! we gotta play next time for sure, and maybe even play some pokemanz too!

33: Judo-- Nice meeting you and GG's, your Shiek is amazing

33: Links--good seein ya :D

33: Luminoth-- good seein ya :D

33: Akashi --GG's in pools!

33: Hilt -- Great job with this tourney, it was a blast! looking forward to more :D

33: Mister Eric-- ROB mains are officially my favorite people ever, beep beep!

49: TKBro-- Nice seeing you again, you're awesome!! Thanks for cheering me on too :) Hope to see you again soon

49: MX778--YOSHI!!! So glad you were able to make it to this, fun times!

49: Silhouette -- lol you always make tourney road trips a good time

65: Jiffy-- <3 :D :p

65: Sleep-- GG's in pools!

65: Fromundaman-- KIRBY FTW!

65: Today-- GREAT TOURNEY DAY, YOU ROCK!! <3

65: Solecalibur --ohhhh Sole, what am I gonna do with you?! lol I <3 your craziness

65: Auspher-- you are a fugly sl*t. haha luv u bestfriend, good job in pools!

81: Clowsui --Nice chatting with you, and ya hopefully we can play next time!

81: Composer-- good seeing ya :D

81: Technical Chase--GG's in pools, I'm gonna get you next time :p

97: Juushichi --- Juuuuuuuuuuu I misssss youuuuuuuu :'(

97: Kiest-- Good seeing/chatting with you as always. Lets party it up next time you're back in A-town lol

97: Hael Phael-- Good seeing ya!

Lisa, Karen, and Amy: Talking to you ladies keeps me sane at these tourneys lol, you guys are the best <3

To everyone: I love the game of brawl, but it is seriously all of you guys that make competitive smash so awesome. Stay sweet Midwest, much <3333 to you all!

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Yea ^this^ where is the Damn controversy

people calling each other out? (over actual ****)

where are the shoutouts!

Kass I love you board presence btw...lol
All of this >_<

lmfaooo

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
Shout outs!

1: Orange and blue chairs - Ya'll were mad comfy and saved my feet a lot of distress thanks yo!

2: Vending machine across the street - Tastey cheery pepsi I do adore, but why you gotta be like so far and stuff, sadness.

8: Logics Jeans- You made it into the Top 8 just barely, I'm surprised you dident also get carried by Kt's jacket in doubles aswell

13: Other vending machine - Thanks for all the ****ty choices of beverages you jerk

33: The weather - You're cold as ice, and an actual jerk get better : /

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The most fun parts of this tournament were the Melee setup and chilling with people from out of town.

Thanks for all the friendlies with people.
4bidden: Good fox man. Just gotta step up that consistency so you don't kill yourself.
Juu: Good to see you again
Tako: You're getting hype man. Keep stepping it up.
Day: Thanks for running the tourney.
Sago: rrrr i'll get you next time!
Blacka: Taking my money with those top tiers. Thanks for coming out with us.
TKO: Awesome person to have at any tournament. I thought your shirt said free drugs all day.
Beepo: Good **** man. Your ROB is on top of stuff.
God Kais: Too good as always. We gotta chill more.
Everybody else I played and hung out with: Thanks for coming out!

clowsui

Smash Legend
About this tournament and my experience.

DISCLAIMER: I thought this tournament was tons of fun and I really appreciate Day and her efforts to host this. I learned a lot from helping and I'm glad I was able to make this run a little faster. I also had a lot of fun helping out and being involved in leading; I can only hope that others felt the same about what I did. I would love to do this again another time, and I hope Day gives me the opportunity to. Again, Day, thank you so much for hosting this!

By the way, any of the callouts in this post are just keeping it real. No hate, all love

It went extremely well. Sorry to Argent for skipping you even when you were the first in line. We ended up being only 30 minutes late into doubles, which is really good considering we were about 45 minutes behind for registration. Thanks to everyone for being prompt and clear about their payments.

One thing I didn't appreciate was having the money in my backpack. There was no real choice, but next time I expect to see envelopes. That way, I'm not connected to the money in any way beyond taking it for registration.

Doubles:

Man oh man, the part that I helped run a lot.

Everything for doubles was smooth for the most part. Thanks to everyone for being cooperative! Special thanks goes out to XX xzax, Izumi, Atomsk and whoever else pointed out the little bracket trouble that we had.

Now for the issues:

- Today/Dooms delaying the doubles bracket singlehandedly by being missing for 20 minutes (vs. WTP/Tutu). WTP/Tutu were looking every ~5 minutes for you two. I eventually found Joey then lost him, found Day then lost him, then near the end both appeared and claimed that they had been here the whole time. No way. I scoured the classroom at least three times (when I wasn't running the bracket). This made doubles last at least half an hour longer, maybe forty five minutes longer because your part of the bracket had to "catch up" while the others were about two rounds ahead. I was ready to DQ you guys, but I thought it was bad taste to DQ the TO from her own event, not to mention I wasn't even sure if I had the authority to do so.

- Meneil/Akashi v. Krys/Jayford. Why did this take so long to happen? Sassy and Kenny were waiting at least 20 minutes. I heard that both parties were looking for a television. That's why you guys COME TO THE PERSON AT THE TO DESK, AND TELL THEM THAT YOU'RE WAITING FOR A TV. This is different from Dooms Day situation because I actually KNEW where both these teams were. This is arguably worse than the other case; thankfully the other parts of the bracket weren't too far ahead so the damage was limited.

- Matches being reported. I don't remember specifically but there were several cases where matches were done for at least five minutes but weren't reported to me - I had to go out there and look for them. This is unacceptable. There are FOUR individuals involved in a doubles match; the likelihood that NOT A SINGLE ONE is available to report is...yeah, slim to none.

- Setups outside being used for friendlies while doubles teams were floating around. This happened a lot around the whole outside area, particularly around the "couch" set up, where there were two (relatively small) TVs that were being used for friendlies on one side w/ a couch as a seat and on the other there was a moderately sized TV that faced the sun. I know that all three of these TVs had "issues" but I guarantee you that waiting for these TVs is gonna cause more problems for you and the rest of the bracket than playing on them. I'm sorry that these TVs couldn't be bigger, but you just gotta suck it up. Even in the whole outside area, where there were moderately sized TVs that didn't have enough seats (i.e. people needed to sit on the floor), this was a problem. Give me a break.

Singles:

More to say later.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
That vending machine by the front door was the s***! It had robot arms operating inside it, it was shooting lasers, and just being technologically awesome. It was definitely a 2011 vending machine, it was the future of vending machines and an amazing example of modern vending machine technology.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
That vending machine by the front door was the s***! It had robot arms operating inside it, it was shooting lasers, and just being technologically awesome. It was definitely a 2011 vending machine, it was the future of vending machines and an amazing example of modern vending machine technology.
Shame it didn't have anything cool INSIDE of it =[

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
@Chi, Just some things:
The money didn't exactly have to go into your backpack, as there were other things.
If you had an issue with it you need to bring it up instead of waiting until last minute to bring things up.
No one is a mind reader, communication is very important. Also, I believe it was your suggestion to have it in your backpack?

As for people reporting doubles matches, I felt like this happened in singles more so than doubles. But again, it wasn't neither dubs or singles but pools that was a set back a bit. I do remember people coming up to the desk telling me who won and who didn't. But I also do remember having to ask people to tell me about other matches since some didn't report their matches but it wasn't a huge set back. Although I do agree with you!

As for myself fighting WTP, I do remember telling them to wait for out match because I went to grab my drink and then an issue came up with the front desk area (people who worked there) about people (abusing the doors and vending machines) and had some complaint. And I don't remember talking to you..
But to stress out on this: the people who were abusing the doors and machines was very uncalled for.
='/ She seemed more angry about it than she should (the woman working there. She said she was extremely frighten and was super upset) but she has every right to be. And I had to make signs telling people to not enter through the doors/stop abusing the machines.

@But at Chi, if you have problems with things bring them up when they happen and not later. (The backpack thing, etc)
People would be surprised how much communicating helps! It happens, though.
And again, thank you so very much for the help! And thanks for the props! The papers + pencils helped a lot, too! I think Hilt also brought pencils (or someone) so thanks! Because it made things faster!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
About this tournament and my experience.

- Meneil/Akashi v. Krys/Jayford. Why did this take so long to happen? Sassy and Kenny were waiting at least 20 minutes. I heard that both parties were looking for a television. That's why you guys COME TO THE PERSON AT THE TO DESK, AND TELL THEM THAT YOU'RE WAITING FOR A TV. This is different from Dooms Day situation because I actually KNEW where both these teams were. This is arguably worse than the other case; thankfully the other parts of the bracket weren't too far ahead so the damage was limited.
Umm... clow, what are you talking about? We played them near immediately after their match vs whoever, and on the same TV they were on ;/ It took me a minute to realize that the girl was playing and couldn't tell. That's the only way I remember, is that Meneil left an impression on me. We waited on them to finish there match, played them, done.

You're probably referring to actually playing Sass/Ken, we waited on a TV in the corner somewhere by the door, per their request.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Day I suggested my backpack because I felt that that kind of thing couldn't wait and that my backpack would be the most immediate solution. There was nothing in the visible area nor did I have any reason to assume that you had brought anything else (because if you had, then it would've been used), so I said "let's go w/ my backpack". Actually, the way I worded it made it sound major LOL it's really just a minor complaint. I'm paranoid about that kind of stuff mostly due to Renegade's vBrawl/BBrawl tournament where we didn't have envelopes to use *_* Sorry if that seemed like a major complaint, it really was a little issue.

Also about that delay thing, next time you gotta make sure whoever is at the doubles desk knows what is happening. Like you said, it's all about communication. There's literally no way I could have known that. You didn't talk to me but I saw where you were (in the outside area) and I thought you saw me so I assumed you were just going to come in. Bad assumption on my part.

@Krys Are you sure? I dunno, I kept having to ask why that match wasn't being played yet @_@ Sorry if it's my bad memory but I specifically remember that match being a hold-up for the rest of the bracket.

Singles reflections to come later.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
If you were asking people, you shoulda asked Meneil or Akashi. Except that they were playing a match whilist we waited on them.

If there is any reason it didn't play, it'is because they took longer on theirs. I AM sure, and it's not often that I AM sure, because my memory is horrid near the end of a tourney, but that was the beginning and Meneil, like I said, left an impression on me.

"OH YOU were playing? AND YOU WERE STANDING? wow, I'll stand then this time!" and we started our set right away

and jayford butted in and said he'd stand :D

Sorry, Im pretty adamant it's actually either the match before, or actually our match with sassy/kenny that you are referring to. Either way I apologize D: I dont know what we did to hold it up.

clowsui

Smash Legend
It's fine, it was either one of you two :/ Either way, if your match ends up being delayed as long as it has, then come up to the TO desk and tell me. For a while I know that at least one of the two teams involved was waiting (because I was waiting too, lol), which is what the issue is largely about anyways, not a particular team xD Sorry for the confusion.

Jayford

Smash Lord
We played as soon as Meneil/Akashi finished their match. Then we had a set that lasted 3 games. Let's say on average each game lasts 5min when you include counter picking and stuff like that. So there is around a 15min set. Add in the time we watched them play who ever they played so yeah it took like 20min to get that set done.

EDIT: I didn't see Kry's post. My baaaaaaad.

Shout Outs tonight. Promise <3

Kenrawr

Smash Master
the reason our set with krys/jay took a while to start was because there was a "shortage of chairs" and we had to wait for a set-up with four.

edit: dmmtspeed

Top Bottom