• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School > Brawl Scarborough, Ontario October 24th

Cruxis

Smash Lord
ok, ill go i guess, im not really playing for recognition anymore though, mostly for money now.

but can someone please make things easier for me and just pick me up from scarborough town center? its only about 5-10 minute drive from the venue, but its a half hour walk, and its fucking freezing and i dont want to walk lol.

or at least, could someone drive me back there at the end? the bus only brings me to STC, thats the closest stop.

also, holy, you HAVE to tell me by tonight who youre gonna team with, because that changes everything for me. if you wanna team with me, i gotta take an earlier bus, if you wanna team with percon, im taking a later bus. your call, but you gotta tell me tonight otherwise ill just take the later bus, wanna sleep in lol

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
So, this 57 to Ellesmere rd., does it run backwards after 9:00 when we finish?

And how much is this fare? $3? Can I transfer from the TTC?

It's three frickin' bucks for Brampton city buses... for the lousy service those are (they don't guarantee the schedule, or even that any buses will run at all! >___>)
[/Brampton rant]

Rikana

Smash Champion
So, this 57 to Ellesmere rd., does it run backwards after 9:00 when we finish?

And how much is this fare? $3? Can I transfer from the TTC?

It's three frickin' bucks for Brampton city buses... for the lousy service those are (they don't guarantee the schedule, or even that any buses will run at all! >___>)
[/Brampton rant]
If you look like a high school student just pay $1.50 or a student ticket (its actually $1.80 if you pay with change I think but just pay $1.50). If they ask for a student card just say you forgot it and pay an extra $1. Chances are, they won't ask. I still pass with student tickets even though I'm in third year university lol.

TTC runs until 1/1:30am at night I believe.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
It's $1.85 to go if you're a student.

Srsly... idk what to do if you get here... ITLL STILL BE RAINING AEPGIJSGNMSBLGJSD;GNDFLG

.Marik

is a social misfit
It is $1.85 if you're a student.

Bring your student identification card, but does it still apply for post-secondary students?

I'm not sure.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Well, that sucks. :\

But technically, they are "adults" by age, so it does make sense.

I pay $2.00 all the time, you should be fine.

*Edit* Without any student identification.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I just realized that some of you may not know. But

SINGLES and DOUBLES REGISTRATION BEGINS AT THE SAME TIME!

Soooooo, no sleeping in, pools will begin a bit after doubles, we're not going to be waiting for all of doubles to finish.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
I just realized that some of you may not know. But

SINGLES and DOUBLES REGISTRATION BEGINS AT THE SAME TIME!

Soooooo, no sleeping in, pools will begin a bit after doubles, we're not going to be waiting for all of doubles to finish.
pools will begin at 1 right?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
If you look like a high school student just pay $1.50 or a student ticket (its actually $1.80 if you pay with change I think but just pay $1.50). If they ask for a student card just say you forgot it and pay an extra $1. Chances are, they won't ask. I still pass with student tickets even though I'm in third year university lol.

TTC runs until 1/1:30am at night I believe.
I don't look like a high school student. I look like I'm 25.

Also, how the heck do I get on this Scarborough RT line? That's where Midland is; but I'm looking at TTC's website and I don't see where this line begins - how to get onto it from, say, Union.

EDIT: Ah, a person needs to go to Kennedy first. Kennedy is on the Scarborough line and at the end of Bloor-Danforth. That's what was missing.
Now I have to work out how long the subway trip will take. Training out of Brampton early is just.... ugh.

Gichan

Smash Champion
yo, go to the last station on the green line, then head upstairs to the third floor and take that RT to midland. From that station, walk up to the intersection to the right and walk till you see a Tim Hortons. Then turn right and look for unit 34

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
yo, go to the last station on the green line, then head upstairs to the third floor and take that RT to midland. From that station, walk up to the intersection to the right and walk till you see a Tim Hortons. Then turn right and look for unit 34
Whenever someone says "[get to] an intersection, and then walk until...", I never have any idea which way they mean for me to go at that intersection. I marvel at how among other people, this communication apparently proceeds without difficulty, because to me that's just ambiguous.

"Straight," just to mention, doesn't make any sense unless you precisely define a direction with which I approach the intersection; it's best to just talk of relative to the corner of the intersection I'll be on.

I'm glad the walk is simple.

EDIT: Hey wait, I can walk straight from Midland to the venue? No bus? No "57 to Ellesmere"?
I noticed there's an Ellesmere stop on the subway. Is it unrelated, or the far end of the place?

Thanks, Gi.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I wonder how they'll cook cheeseburgers in the rain tomorrow :*(.

Ohh well it'll be awesome ^.^

Gichan

Smash Champion
Okay, I thought the stop mattered to, but it actually doesn't. You could, but what the **** is the poiont when it is pretty near.

Ok, when you EXIT tthe station, go RIGHT. Once you turned right, walk STRAIGHT up to the intersection, it'l be busy. To know you are at the right place there should be a Subway acorss the street. Now keep walking straight (crossing the street) and walk until you see a Tim Horton's and then turn right from there and once again walk straight along this new path until you see Unit 34. the place is called "Just For Kicks" it'll appear on a small sign.

I understand what you are saying aobut ambiguous language, but on the net this is the best I could do, unless I ****ing explain in detail every single house, pole, gravel, and have a long post that could be compared to a page in The Lord of The Rings, and I hate the author with a passion.

And Ken, yes there is free parking. You are going to get *****, and I am going to laugh. See you in first round of SF IV.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I understand what you are saying aobut ambiguous language, but on the net this is the best I could do, unless I ****ing explain in detail every single house, pole, gravel, and have a long post that could be compared to a page in The Lord of The Rings, and I hate the author with a passion.
You seem irritated. :(

I was saying that it was my fault; I mean, all language is ambiguous, but normally functioning Humans have very powerful - and more importantly, very similar - machines that produce and interpret strings of that language, and that's how they usually manage to have the same idea about the things they say to each other.

I often get a wrong impression, though. I'm lucky when I can at least catch that I don't know what people meant.

So, I explained I found it ambiguous, which I guess comes across as a charge on your language ability, but it is just a statement of two facts: one, it is ambiguous (which is a given from that it was a Human sentence, though), and two, that it was relevant that it was ambiguous - specifically, relevant because I couldn't resolve the ambiguity.

And the important point which I am resolving here, then, is that, an arbitrary person probably could have told what you meant, and it is entirely not your mistake in any way, therefore, to have believed that I could have told what you meant. As I said, this is "my fault" - my flaw. In short, I am not a probable person. ;)

So... I hope you're chill.

Rikana

Smash Champion
So I can confirm that I won't be able to arrive when it starts because no one was able to take my shift for work. Also, my friend might have a house party which I don't want to miss. So I still might come.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Soooo I'm not getting any response from the Niagara people in terms of the car pool that we had psudo-arranged. So if I don't get any response from them before like 7 tomorrow, I guess me an Tippr won't be coming... :(

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Niagara has one car, and the driver is Mike (raidos). Who did you talk to about this?
Niko. He said there were 3 spots open. I don't have Mike OR Niko's number so I'm kinda in the dark as to if they're picking me up or if I'm expected to go to one of their houses.
I know Niko's address but I don't know Mike's, an I'm pretty sure Niko knows my address if you guys were to come pick me up but I could PM otherwise.

And I haven't talked to Tippr, even though he said he'd go if he could get a spot in the car.
If this all works out I guess I'll call him in the morning and tell him to get his *** over here.

EDIT: I talked to Mike and its all dependant of if theres a free seat. I'll find out soon enough. And doesn't look like Tippr will be going, unless he finds his own way there.

sauc3

Smash Lord
posting drunk, just letting everyone know ima be crazy hungover tomorrow, and I'll be player kirbs and manus all day, no ics woot.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I have actually no clue if there's Stream... -.-

But we better stream an Uno match and put it on Youtube, 4 srslyz, MM Uno matches =P

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Anyone playing Brawl or Brawl+ on my Wii save the matches because I am going to try and upload a lot of videos from this tournament. :)

Top Bottom